Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst's contract ... 17:59 - Jan 31 with 1509 viewsEl_Fenix

Hurst's contract was for three years from June 2018, so Marcus Evans may be paying it off until the end of this season. Evans may want to leave Lambert in place until then, so that he is not paying off two former managers at the same time. In addition, a performance-related break clause in Lambert's contract may be triggered by the end of the season. My guess is that ITFC will be in limbo for the next four months ...

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Hurst's contract ... on 18:02 - Jan 31 with 1476 viewsJ2BLUE

He will sack him just before season ticket renewals. Watch how quickly ST holders renew when it happens.

TWTD should unite and apply for/purchase STs, memberships, match tickets, shirts etc on the condition that Phil is reinstated and he gets a face to face apology from Evans for being so spineless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hurst's contract ... on 18:06 - Jan 31 with 1415 viewsBelsteadCav

I thought it stops once the manager gets a new job

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Hurst's contract ... on 18:11 - Jan 31 with 1361 viewsbluelagos

Hurst's contract ... on 18:02 - Jan 31 by J2BLUE

He will sack him just before season ticket renewals. Watch how quickly ST holders renew when it happens.

TWTD should unite and apply for/purchase STs, memberships, match tickets, shirts etc on the condition that Phil is reinstated and he gets a face to face apology from Evans for being so spineless.

If he did that, Evans would be Phil's bitch.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hurst's contract ... on 18:11 - Jan 31 with 1361 viewsLankHenners

Depending on what the contract actually includes, clubs can be paying a manager's contract long after they've left, and potentially more than one ex-manager at a time, so wouldn't think that in itself is a reason why Evans is holding off.

Not out of the question that paying him off is a big expense that Evans doesn't want to make but then it's his own stupid fault for being hoodwinked into giving out the big contract in the first place.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hurst's contract ... on 18:11 - Jan 31 with 1353 viewsdickie

Hurst's contract ... on 18:06 - Jan 31 by BelsteadCav

That's what I thought
Hurst's contract ... on 18:13 - Jan 31 with 1342 viewstractorboy1978

The Hurst pay off was very minimal so I was led to believe.
Hurst's contract ... on 18:18 - Jan 31 with 1281 viewsEl_Fenix

Hurst's contract ... on 18:06 - Jan 31 by BelsteadCav

My understanding is that it is reduced by the earnings from a new job.

I assume that managerial departures 'by mutual agreement' involve a negotiated buyout that is less than the contractual amount due, which makes sense for a manager who expects to get a high-paying job fairly soon. I doubt if this would be attractive to Paul Lambert.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Hurst's contract ... on 21:05 - Jan 31 with 987 viewsBlueBadger

Hurst's contract ... on 18:13 - Jan 31 by tractorboy1978

Good.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst's contract ... on 21:08 - Jan 31 with 971 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hurst's contract ... on 18:13 - Jan 31 by tractorboy1978

Hopefully it was performance based

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hurst's contract ... on 21:13 - Jan 31 with 932 viewstractorboy1978

Hurst's contract ... on 21:08 - Jan 31 by Swansea_Blue

Hopefully it was performance based

There was a get out based on league position apparently. And he was on nothing like the salary Mick was on (and subsequently Lambert was on, albeit still less than MM).
Hurst's contract ... on 21:17 - Jan 31 with 902 viewsCoco

Hurst's contract ... on 18:02 - Jan 31 by J2BLUE

When div three football is confirmed for another season then. Brill

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Hurst's contract ... on 21:23 - Jan 31 with 867 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Hurst was given a termination pay off, which would have been based on clauses in his contract.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Hurst's contract ... on 21:25 - Jan 31 with 859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hurst's contract ... on 21:13 - Jan 31 by tractorboy1978

There was a get out based on league position apparently. And he was on nothing like the salary Mick was on (and subsequently Lambert was on, albeit still less than MM).

he won't have done well out of payments based on league position will he! He should be paying us for the damage he did.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hurst's contract ... on 21:49 - Jan 31 with 803 viewsPJH

Hurst's contract ... on 21:25 - Jan 31 by Swansea_Blue

he won't have done well out of payments based on league position will he! He should be paying us for the damage he did.

He appears to be currently trying to take Grimsby back out of the EFL.

He will forever have 'destroyed Ipswich Town' on his CV in my opinion.
Hurst's contract ... on 22:45 - Jan 31 with 698 viewsRadlett_blue

Hurst's contract ... on 18:18 - Jan 31 by El_Fenix

My understanding is that it is reduced by the earnings from a new job.

I assume that managerial departures 'by mutual agreement' involve a negotiated buyout that is less than the contractual amount due, which makes sense for a manager who expects to get a high-paying job fairly soon. I doubt if this would be attractive to Paul Lambert.

You would assume Evans, who had already fired 4 managers before hiring Lambert, would not have been so terminally stupid to give Lambert a 5 year contract without an affordable break clause. No real rush to get rid of Lambert - this season is essentially a write-off. The important thing is to get a new man in place to rebuild the squad after 20 or so players depart in June.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hurst's contract ... on 23:05 - Jan 31 with 658 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Hurst's contract ... on 22:45 - Jan 31 by Radlett_blue

You would assume Evans, who had already fired 4 managers before hiring Lambert, would not have been so terminally stupid to give Lambert a 5 year contract without an affordable break clause. No real rush to get rid of Lambert - this season is essentially a write-off. The important thing is to get a new man in place to rebuild the squad after 20 or so players depart in June.

I can’t agree with that. There’s still everything to play for this season. We’re not that far off the playoffs & any half-decent manager could get us picking up results fairly quickly in this league. Time is slipping away though, so we need to act quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024