Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? 17:08 - Aug 28 with 814 viewsDanTheMan

At a wedding I'd rather not be at, but seeing the score gave me a glimmer of hope.

Did we at least play well?

We really need a bloody win. Don't care about formation or system, we need a win.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:11 - Aug 28 with 775 viewsBlueBadger

First time seeing us this season, we look vulnerable on the counter and to crosses and Hladky hasn't inspired my confidence.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 740 viewsDanTheMan

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:11 - Aug 28 by BlueBadger

First time seeing us this season, we look vulnerable on the counter and to crosses and Hladky hasn't inspired my confidence.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:12]

Hladky has been fairly pants when I've seen him. His command of the area and distribution is better than Holy but keeping the ball out of the net? Not convinced.

Take it he made another error today then?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:14 - Aug 28 with 718 viewseireblue

I know, weddings can be a drag, it may turn out okay, tough it out and try and forget about the football when on your honeymoon.
Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:14 - Aug 28 with 717 viewswkj

In short-

Dubious Free Kick. 2-1

Baffling subs to protect a 2-1 lead with 10m left (that turned into 16m)

Last minute corner 2-2

The one constant in both goals - we have no concept of defending set pieces.

The players didn't lose us 3 points today, the coaching and management team did.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:14 - Aug 28 with 711 viewsHighgateBlue

What happened? Cook decimated our defence by getting rid of our captain and player of the year, and then made it much worse. And I'm pretty sure our goalkeeper lied on his CV...

I genuinely think that most ten year olds with FM experience would've signed a better keeper, and most 90 year olds who were just asleep the whole time would've done better with our defence, as at least they wouldn't have got rid of the only solid part of our team.

Cook should be questioning whether some other career might suit him better.

We are 21st in the table, without a win, and just look at the fixtures we've had.
Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:15 - Aug 28 with 699 viewsBudapestByBlimp

A flurry of goals early in the second half, we seemed to be comfortably managing the game out for once, when Hladky fumbled a header and their player tapped in - typical of us really.
Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:16 - Aug 28 with 670 viewsBlueBadger

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:13 - Aug 28 by DanTheMan

Hladky has been fairly pants when I've seen him. His command of the area and distribution is better than Holy but keeping the ball out of the net? Not convinced.

Failed to come out for a cross that subsequently turned into a goal.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:27 - Aug 28 with 616 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:13 - Aug 28 by DanTheMan

Sorry, but no way is Hladky's command of the area better than that of Holy. Holy used to leave his line on occasions, but Hladky seems loathe to. I am not even convinced that there is much difference in their distribution skills. On the evidence so far, Holy is the better shot stopper, and makes fewer handling errors, and seems to be the better all round keeper

If I were Holy right now, I'd be challenging Keeley, Cook etc to be brought back into the side. Whether Cook changes it, will be another indicator of his and his staff's ability without Richardson as AM.
Login to get fewer ads

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:29 - Aug 28 with 581 viewsJDB23

No we didn't play well. Even if we held onto the win I would have been disappointed coming away from that game. If you have a picture in your mind of a bog standard mid table league 1 team, we look exactly like that, shame the league table is even worse.

I just don't see any improvements week on week, I really do not understand what we are trying to do on the pitch.
Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:31 - Aug 28 with 562 viewsJDB23

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:27 - Aug 28 by FrankfurtBlue

Sorry, but no way is Hladky's command of the area better than that of Holy. Holy used to leave his line on occasions, but Hladky seems loathe to. I am not even convinced that there is much difference in their distribution skills. On the evidence so far, Holy is the better shot stopper, and makes fewer handling errors, and seems to be the better all round keeper

If I were Holy right now, I'd be challenging Keeley, Cook etc to be brought back into the side. Whether Cook changes it, will be another indicator of his and his staff's ability without Richardson as AM.

I agree, Hladky is absolutely glued to his line whenever the ball comes into his box. Whether that's him being coached that way, lack of confidence or his natural style I don't know, but it's costing us massively.
Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:36 - Aug 28 with 498 viewspennblue

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:29 - Aug 28 by JDB23

No we didn't play well. Even if we held onto the win I would have been disappointed coming away from that game. If you have a picture in your mind of a bog standard mid table league 1 team, we look exactly like that, shame the league table is even worse.

I just don't see any improvements week on week, I really do not understand what we are trying to do on the pitch.

It is still early days, we are only 5 league games in. But the clock is already ticking and ticking faster due to the start we have had.

Only coulson and burns looked like they wanted to win that game, that is a big problem

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:37 - Aug 28 with 487 viewsurbanblue

Saw us 2-0 up about 55 mins in... What the hell happened!? on 17:31 - Aug 28 by JDB23

I agree, Hladky is absolutely glued to his line whenever the ball comes into his box. Whether that's him being coached that way, lack of confidence or his natural style I don't know, but it's costing us massively.

Hladky never gets to practise dealing with crosses in training cos our lot can't put in a decent cross.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024