Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KOA giving their sources away? 17:01 - May 14 with 1509 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

KOA giving their sources away? on 17:05 - May 14 with 1426 viewsLankHenners

Any info like that from journos comes from speaking to a combination of agents, off field staff, players, anyone else with a connection to the situation. It’s no secret and pretty obvious it has to come from those places.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

KOA giving their sources away? on 17:09 - May 14 with 1375 viewspositivity

interesting, other option is an agent, do any of the players share an agent?

of course it could be a devious wagatha christie-style attempt at finding the source!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

KOA giving their sources away? on 17:13 - May 14 with 1343 viewsSomethingBlue

Nah, there are all kinds of people in the orbit of a player and a club.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

KOA giving their sources away? on 17:50 - May 14 with 1176 viewsButterbing

I will be glad to see the back of the loose-tongued players. It just shows such little respect to the club to be blabbing to journos and fans. Let’s hope the next batch have a bit more class. The contents of private meetings should be kept as such.

Edit to add. Their representatives might be the loose tongues. They have a duty to put their client in the shop window. Blabbing to the EADT, phil and the other ITk posters isn’t going to get the player a new club though.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 17:52]
KOA giving their sources away? on 18:12 - May 14 with 1071 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Why shouldn't the players/agents tell the press as this well help other clubs become aware.
Unless the club has bound them to confidentiality which would be utterly bizarre after telling them to look for another club.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:35 - May 14 with 982 viewsButterbing

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:12 - May 14 by BlueyandCrazy

Why shouldn't the players/agents tell the press as this well help other clubs become aware.
Unless the club has bound them to confidentiality which would be utterly bizarre after telling them to look for another club.

I doubt many clubs are scouring the forums to work out who they can sign. The agents will have direct contacts to clubs.
KOA giving their sources away? on 18:39 - May 14 with 950 viewsjeera

But in your own words you're making assumptions.

As SB says, there are plenty of people in and around the daily life of a football club's activities.

People talk, (we're doing it right now), word gets around.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:41 - May 14 with 948 viewsDarth_Koont

I had a listen to it and I got the impression that there was a fair bit of conflation between what we know was said to the group “You haven’t been good enough this season”, “If you don’t want to be here then you can find a new club” and what was actually said to individuals.

They even very briefly mention it might be a message to players to take them down a peg or two and that players will still need to be sold rather than be given a free.

I understand there’s less of a story if you speak in the generalities of Cook overhauling the squad which he was always going to do. But I think it’s a story I can park until words become action and we see how he really does rate individuals.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:47 - May 14 with 908 viewschrismakin

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:41 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

I had a listen to it and I got the impression that there was a fair bit of conflation between what we know was said to the group “You haven’t been good enough this season”, “If you don’t want to be here then you can find a new club” and what was actually said to individuals.

They even very briefly mention it might be a message to players to take them down a peg or two and that players will still need to be sold rather than be given a free.

I understand there’s less of a story if you speak in the generalities of Cook overhauling the squad which he was always going to do. But I think it’s a story I can park until words become action and we see how he really does rate individuals.

Whispers can get twisted so easily

PC could have said, " you've tried your best, which i appreciate, but I don't see you in my plans next season, feel free to ask your agent to find yourself a new club

Player speaks to mate..

"So. what did PC say"

Player
" Basically, not wanted, find yourself another club"

Now, not saying it has to be a nice fluffy meeting, but you can see how specific wording is important to know exactly what happened.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:58 - May 14 with 863 viewsDarth_Koont

KOA giving their sources away? on 18:47 - May 14 by chrismakin

Whispers can get twisted so easily

PC could have said, " you've tried your best, which i appreciate, but I don't see you in my plans next season, feel free to ask your agent to find yourself a new club

Player speaks to mate..

"So. what did PC say"

Player
" Basically, not wanted, find yourself another club"

Now, not saying it has to be a nice fluffy meeting, but you can see how specific wording is important to know exactly what happened.

That’s worst case. I think the general rude awakening stuff is much more about trying to shake off a mentality among many of the contracted players than saying none of them will ever play for him again.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024