Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? 06:32 - Aug 18 with 1974 viewsnoggin

Discuss

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 06:42 - Aug 18 with 1951 viewsfallyblue

No I don’t think he is. He stays on his line far too much and is too small to deal with the long throws coming into the box. And believe me teams are going to target this going forward as they know we can’t deal with it. Holy’s height would be much better to deal with these bombardments.
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 06:50 - Aug 18 with 1910 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 06:52 - Aug 18 with 1901 viewsMerseyBlue

Obviously we all have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage, certainly those of us that haven't seen every game he's played for us. Based on last night though, I haven't seen any evidence that he is. He's not playing behind a settled defence at the moment, but he didn't fill me with confidence.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:04 - Aug 18 with 1859 viewsRomeo4

I certainly hope so but the jury is still out. He hasn’t looked that assured so far but in his defence the players immediately in front of him haven’t exactly helped him much yet. It will be fairer to assess him once he is part of a settled defensive unit.
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:15 - Aug 18 with 1802 viewschrismakin

When the ball is played back I do trust him more than holy and despite his size holy was suspect at coming for crosses.
That said Hladky isn't showing anything more than a backup himself.

However, first goal last night.. with coulsen on the pitch that free header may not have been free. So hladkys being left a bit by his defence.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:19 - Aug 18 with 1782 viewsHerbivore

I hope so but I'm yet to be convinced on what I've seen so far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:22 - Aug 18 with 1763 viewsVic

Yes!

He just hasn’t shown it too much so far. But he clearly has much more in his locker that Holy.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:28 - Aug 18 with 1734 viewsDurovigutum

Too early to tell, however he is assured with the ball at his feet and there wasn't much he could do about last night's goal - they were old fashioned scrambles.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:32 - Aug 18 with 1715 viewsSimonds92

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:28 - Aug 18 by Durovigutum

Too early to tell, however he is assured with the ball at his feet and there wasn't much he could do about last night's goal - they were old fashioned scrambles.

Not sure what you've been watching the last 2 games but he looks a lot less assured with the ball at his feet than Holy which i didn't think was possible. Not completely writing him off but very disappointed with him so far, thought he would be a lot more assured and commanding.
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:37 - Aug 18 with 1678 viewspennyfathersleg

From what I’ve seen so far, no! We should have done everything to seigrest from Dundee United. I’ve him a lot of times and he is definitely far better than both Holy and Hladky.
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:41 - Aug 18 with 1656 views3_5_2

I’ve only seen him at the home game but PC made a point re the goals conceded last night that the throws were right under the crossbar, suggesting to me that the gk should have done better.

The worrying thing is that long throws are nothing new, we have been in this league in this long enough and yet they kill us.

Every team will do this now

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 07:55 - Aug 18 with 1559 viewsArnieM

Given that Cheltenham’s ONLY threat was from their long high throw ins into the box, I do wonder why Holy wasn’t in from the start for this game …. Or perish the thought even subbed on, because his height would have largely eradicated that threat .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 7:57]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 08:00 - Aug 18 with 1522 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Yes, don't let recency bias affect your thinking. Holy is definitely worse. Hladky has had two games behind an ever changing defence.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 08:07 - Aug 18 with 1478 viewsMetal_Hacker

From what I've seen to date , yeah I'd say he is

Seems assured with the ball at his feet and his distribution for the most is half decent at this level (compared to their keeper last night)

Think the fundamental issue being he hasn't had a first choice back line in front of him yet

He's had a mixture of -

KVY,Toto,Wolf,Penny - one of those being a starter

KVY,Donacien,Wolf,Penny - as above

Donacien,Wolf,Burgess,Penny - again as above

I think once we have - KVY,Edmondson,Burgess,Coulson it'll be different again

For me though that isn't the issue , I think it's the midfield.Not the quality of player because they're all a step up for me on last season but the ease that the opposition walk through us at times.Happened in all three league games and doesn't seem to be getting any tighter

Seem to think Evans and Harper play too far apart exposing gaps in the middle

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 08:09 - Aug 18 with 1476 viewsbilllm

Possibly distribution but that's it
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 08:54 - Aug 18 with 1318 viewsArnieM

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 08:07 - Aug 18 by Metal_Hacker

From what I've seen to date , yeah I'd say he is

Seems assured with the ball at his feet and his distribution for the most is half decent at this level (compared to their keeper last night)

Think the fundamental issue being he hasn't had a first choice back line in front of him yet

He's had a mixture of -

KVY,Toto,Wolf,Penny - one of those being a starter

KVY,Donacien,Wolf,Penny - as above

Donacien,Wolf,Burgess,Penny - again as above

I think once we have - KVY,Edmondson,Burgess,Coulson it'll be different again

For me though that isn't the issue , I think it's the midfield.Not the quality of player because they're all a step up for me on last season but the ease that the opposition walk through us at times.Happened in all three league games and doesn't seem to be getting any tighter

Seem to think Evans and Harper play too far apart exposing gaps in the middle

Essentially what you are describing is a manager with a brand new squad now trying to find the best - most effective combinations . And although you’ve not said the word , the implication is the Club, manager, and players all need (and here’s that word again!)…. Patience!

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:02 - Aug 18 with 1269 viewsHerbivore

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 08:54 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

Essentially what you are describing is a manager with a brand new squad now trying to find the best - most effective combinations . And although you’ve not said the word , the implication is the Club, manager, and players all need (and here’s that word again!)…. Patience!

I'd say what they need more is to win some games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 1240 viewsArnieM

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:02 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

I'd say what they need more is to win some games.

Yip, they definitely do. And I hope it starts this Saturday. It needs too to get some of the “ fans” off the team/ managers back. A little actual support can go a long way . Let’s hope we belt out that support in a positive way Saturday. Are some of us up for that challenge I wonder?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:24 - Aug 18 with 1171 viewstimothyeo

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:07 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

Yip, they definitely do. And I hope it starts this Saturday. It needs too to get some of the “ fans” off the team/ managers back. A little actual support can go a long way . Let’s hope we belt out that support in a positive way Saturday. Are some of us up for that challenge I wonder?

They've had 100% support at matches from everyone and so far failed to deliver so no idea what your point is.
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:25 - Aug 18 with 1172 viewsChrisd

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 06:42 - Aug 18 by fallyblue

No I don’t think he is. He stays on his line far too much and is too small to deal with the long throws coming into the box. And believe me teams are going to target this going forward as they know we can’t deal with it. Holy’s height would be much better to deal with these bombardments.

Holy might be tall, but that doesn't mean that he commands his area and would've done any better last night. That's a fault that many have of him, that for his size he isn't confident in collecting crosses consistently and doesn't take control of his 6 yard area. Size doesn't matter, it's about a good starting position, confidence, judgement of the flight of the ball and good decision-making when to come and when to allow the defenders to deal with the situation.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:30 - Aug 18 with 1147 viewsDarth_Koont

I think so. We haven’t seen enough goal mouth action to see whether he is better or worse as a shot stopper or whether he’s better or worse at commanding his area for crosses (couple of flaps but then so does Holy).

But clearly more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:32 - Aug 18 with 1133 viewsTomTheWriter

Without a shadow of a doubt. Most comfortable keeper I’ve seen at the club since Bart left.

Another two goals conceded yes, but the first couldn’t have been further into the corner, an excellent header but poor defending. The second was a long throw that bounced near the edge of the penalty box and wasn’t defended at all.

The sign of a good goalkeeper was his save from Callum Wright’s shot. That was a thunderbolt heading for the top corner of the net. Goalkeepers’ parry that over for a corner, Hladky caught it full strength and it starts an attack. That was the first time in 3 games Hladky had faced a saveable shot, and didn’t fluff it like Holy would.

People need to remember that last season we started with Holy, Chambers, Nsiala, Wilson, Ward for about 8 straight games. No consistency in front of Hladky this season

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:33 - Aug 18 with 1117 viewsElderGrizzly

Hladky had a similarly 'dodgy' start to his Salford career, but was head and shoulders the best keeper in L2.

Holy is someone who was told he could leave, so i'd hope Hladky was the better keeper.
Is Hladky really any better than Holy? on 09:34 - Aug 18 with 1112 viewsjayessess

He might be?

Against Morecambe and Burton I thought he did the "general command of area" stuff quite well. Against Cheltenham we struggled as a unit for that bad 2nd half spell.

His problem at the moment is shot stopping, in that he isn't stopping any. We're not going to do anything in this league if we concede from more or less every shot on target, as we currently are.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024