Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having watched the Gills game... 09:57 - Oct 7 with 1615 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I'd like to see Cook putting on Norwood earlier.

He doesn't sulk, he comes on and instantly tries to make stuff happen.

In his cameo his hold up play was first class and his flicks and chest downs that brought team mates into play were very good.

He also plays like he cares and he wants to win.

And that break from defense and the pin point long cross field ball he played was every bit as good if not better than Pigott's to Chaplin.

I just think he offers something this team sometimes lacks. And I don't think we have anyone else with quite the physical presence.

If you're going to use him as an impact sub bring him on earlier.

I'd still love to see him and Bonne in a two.

Alternatively I'd try starting with him and using him to break the centre halves physically before bringing on Bonne to score against players fatigued from battling with Norwood.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 9:57]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Having watched the Gills game... on 10:12 - Oct 7 with 1551 viewsGarv

Just watched some highlights myself and I agree Norwood should get more minutes, but I wouldn't be dropping/resting Bonne.

My biggest take away from the highlights is how right Evans was about their penalty shout. What is Jackson doing?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Having watched the Gills game... on 10:18 - Oct 7 with 1532 viewsWD19

Are you familiar with the poster GeoffSentence? He had a similar and unhealthy obsession with a former goalkeeper of ours. He can help you.
Having watched the Gills game... on 10:20 - Oct 7 with 1521 viewsWickets

Having watched the Gills game... on 10:12 - Oct 7 by Garv

Just watched some highlights myself and I agree Norwood should get more minutes, but I wouldn't be dropping/resting Bonne.

My biggest take away from the highlights is how right Evans was about their penalty shout. What is Jackson doing?

TBH the highlights make all Evans claims correct but often as we know from VAR offsides are very hard to judge so we have to trust the Lino at this level . Pity our early clear foul in the Penalty area on Edwards was not in the highlights .
Having watched the Gills game... on 10:36 - Oct 7 with 1475 viewsWickets

Having watched the Gills game... on 10:20 - Oct 7 by Wickets

TBH the highlights make all Evans claims correct but often as we know from VAR offsides are very hard to judge so we have to trust the Lino at this level . Pity our early clear foul in the Penalty area on Edwards was not in the highlights .

Just watched the Clubs facebook page Piggott's goal and its the central defender who comes accross to try and get to Jackson who plays Joe onside as Joe is looking along the defensive line and makes sure he stays just behind him until the pass is made .
Having watched the Gills game... on 10:54 - Oct 7 with 1403 viewsGarv

Having watched the Gills game... on 10:20 - Oct 7 by Wickets

Yeah, I don't think you can ever grumble too much about marginal offsides. The game has already been ruined by incessant debate about offsides by Sky (and Warnock), which obviously led to VAR.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Having watched the Gills game... on 13:12 - Oct 7 with 1230 viewsjayessess

What is this thing people have with Norwood? I watch him and he's just a bang average League 1 striker to me. Not especially quick, nor strong, nor technical brilliant. Slightly above average movement off the ball, but he's nowhere near Bonne or Pigott's level.

Is it just because he's a bit of a character and gets a bit tetchy on the pitch?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Having watched the Gills game... on 13:14 - Oct 7 with 1216 viewschrismakin

lol doesnt sulk

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Having watched the Gills game... on 15:45 - Oct 7 with 1090 viewsGeoffSentence

Having watched the Gills game... on 10:18 - Oct 7 by WD19

Are you familiar with the poster GeoffSentence? He had a similar and unhealthy obsession with a former goalkeeper of ours. He can help you.

Unhealthy????

In fact that deserves exclamation marks and quite a few of them

Unhealthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice is keep at it, the naysayers will eventually come round to the right way of thinking.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:23 - Oct 7 with 979 viewsKeaneish

Having watched the Gills game... on 13:12 - Oct 7 by jayessess

What is this thing people have with Norwood? I watch him and he's just a bang average League 1 striker to me. Not especially quick, nor strong, nor technical brilliant. Slightly above average movement off the ball, but he's nowhere near Bonne or Pigott's level.

Is it just because he's a bit of a character and gets a bit tetchy on the pitch?

As the OP said, he offers something different and looks to make things happen. I find it more confusing that people don’t see the value Norwood brings. In my opinion, it’s very clear that he’s a an asset, irrespective of his personality traits.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:31 - Oct 7 with 971 viewsTheBoyBlue

He offers something different, doesn't let defenders rest. I liked Danny Haynes for similar reasons. He wasn't particularly good, but because he just got in the box and didn't even know himself what he was doing, he often created chaos in the opposition defence and created openings that either he or his teammates made the most of.

In the same vein, Norwood isn't our best striker now, but especially when we get as predictable as we did against Accrington, he is useful to have to shake things up.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:44 - Oct 7 with 944 viewsHerbivore

Agreed. He's a slightly above average League 1 striker when fit, which is only about half the time. He's rightly third choice behind Bonne and Pigott, I don't really get the clamour for him to get minutes aside from the usual rule of football random that players get better when they're out of the side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:49 - Oct 7 with 931 viewsclive_baker

I don't like the bloke particularly, he seems like a massive bell end off the pitch in how he conducts himself, but on the pitch his return is decent, especially relative to minutes he's played. I don't think (in fact I know) he was mismanaged under Lambert and not well looked after from a medical perspective, but when fit I think he's a handful.

That said, in this system we're certainly not short of a front man who can score goals with the form Bonne is in. For me there's a much bigger argument to get Chaplin starting games. He looks our most effective #10 by some distance and he has to start IMO. Burns on the right and Celina on the left probably on recent form.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:51 - Oct 7 with 922 viewschicoazul

I hope the idiot never plays for us again. And not only because he’s crap.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Having watched the Gills game... on 22:47 - Oct 7 with 839 viewsIpswichKnight

Clear to me having seen all 3 play that Bonne and Piggott are far better than Norwood and he only gets a place on the bench if one of those 2 are unfit.
Having watched the Gills game... on 07:40 - Oct 8 with 716 viewsquad

My opinion on Norwood has changed since the start of the season. And simply because he got injured again so early on. And I'm basically fed up of it now.

Considering Bonne is undroppable at the moment, I think it is far more important that we keep Pigott relatively happy by at least bringing him on for some minutes in games. If Bonne were to get injured then we would be heavily reliant on Pigott coming in and doing a job. We couldn't rely on Norwood to do the same cos he would likely break down again after a few games.

I still think Pigott will have a massive role to play for us this season. If he is playing 2nd fiddle to both Bonne and Norwood I wouldn't be surprised to see him want to leave. And we don't want that to happen as if he's used in the right way he is far too good to lose.
Having watched the Gills game... on 19:47 - Oct 8 with 573 viewsjayessess

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:23 - Oct 7 by Keaneish

As the OP said, he offers something different and looks to make things happen. I find it more confusing that people don’t see the value Norwood brings. In my opinion, it’s very clear that he’s a an asset, irrespective of his personality traits.

I just don't get this thing he offers that's "different" beyond vibes, really. What exactly does he do that the other forwards don't?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Having watched the Gills game... on 20:35 - Oct 8 with 544 viewschrismakin

Having watched the Gills game... on 19:47 - Oct 8 by jayessess

I just don't get this thing he offers that's "different" beyond vibes, really. What exactly does he do that the other forwards don't?

Drink and drive?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024