Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … 15:19 - Jul 23 with 1164 viewsSomethingBlue

… that’s a few goals conceded through playing out from the back now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 1128 viewsDarth_Koont

“Shocker” from Woolfenden there.

I put it in inverted commas as I’m going to say he’d have just cleared that in a league game.

Certainly he will now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:24 - Jul 23 with 994 viewsSomethingBlue

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:21 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

“Shocker” from Woolfenden there.

I put it in inverted commas as I’m going to say he’d have just cleared that in a league game.

Certainly he will now.

Maybe, it’s a bit of a theme though and clearly how we want to be doing things. Which is fine but you generally have very little margin for error.

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:31 - Jul 23 with 854 viewsDarth_Koont

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:24 - Jul 23 by SomethingBlue

Maybe, it’s a bit of a theme though and clearly how we want to be doing things. Which is fine but you generally have very little margin for error.

The worst thing he could do was play that ball because it took him out of the game when Afobe read the pass. If he’d tried to dribble his way out at least he’d have been there to challenge.

Being a little too casual has been Woolfenden’s problem but thought he was a lot better as the season went on. So a pre-season game is hopefully the right time to get it out of his system and concentrate on getting the defensive basics right first.

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:34 - Jul 23 with 789 viewsSomethingBlue

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:31 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

The worst thing he could do was play that ball because it took him out of the game when Afobe read the pass. If he’d tried to dribble his way out at least he’d have been there to challenge.

Being a little too casual has been Woolfenden’s problem but thought he was a lot better as the season went on. So a pre-season game is hopefully the right time to get it out of his system and concentrate on getting the defensive basics right first.

Yep. Tbf a general theme in this particular game is that we need too much time on the ball. That’s kinda the point of playing Millwall though I’d have thought, they give you none.

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:36 - Jul 23 with 717 viewsDarth_Koont

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:34 - Jul 23 by SomethingBlue

Yep. Tbf a general theme in this particular game is that we need too much time on the ball. That’s kinda the point of playing Millwall though I’d have thought, they give you none.

Yeah, it’s a pretty good test. And, as you say, we’ll need to speed up possession if we’re going to threaten more.

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:37 - Jul 23 with 709 viewsjontysnut

Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:34 - Jul 23 by SomethingBlue

We've got no one with the energy of their no 8
Can’t believe I’m even analysing anything in pre-season but … on 15:38 - Jul 23 with 668 views3_5_2

Millwall press quite well and are a little quicker to the ball Theban us but some of our passing when there is little pressure is poor

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024