Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Analysis of Outgoings 13:50 - Aug 26 with 1196 viewsmarkchips

I thought it might be useful to break this down in a practical way to analyse the likelihood of affording someone like Hirst as wages is likely to be the biggest hurdle when moving down from the premiership.

There have been 17 exits so far this summer plus Simpson is pending.

The Four Loans went back- Bonne, Celina, Bakinson and Thompson who would have been on first team wages.

Of the 6 Permanent outs so far only Holy and Norwood would have been considered first teamers. Kenlock, Dobra, Clements and McGavin would have been on more basic salaries. Simpson is commanding a fee but would not have been on high pay either.

There have been a further 7 loans out of which Pigott, Harper and Penney would be on first team pay. Hughes, Baggott, Ndaba and El-Mizounis less so I would expect.

Therefore 9 first team wages gone and 7 new players in of which I expect Ball to be the highest earner plus sign on fee.

I therefore expect Ashton is working at a minimum level with the saved salaries of two lower earning first team players plus the saved salaries of 9 junior players.

Of course this is a very broad analysis but based on £3,000 per week for the two seniors and £1,000 per week for the juniors that gives approx. £15,000 per week to work with.

Thoughts anyone ?
Analysis of Outgoings on 22:38 - Aug 26 with 995 viewsBigCommon

Nice breakdown.. The 15k to play with, would be based on us using a similar budget to last season.(Which failed us)..
Think I'm right in saying that in LG1, cash injections from our owners are not set against profit/loss in an FFP situation.
With that in mind. And promotion taking us a step closer to the promised land (Prem'). I could see us spending a bit more than last season. If the powers that be, see it necessary, to give us the best chance of going up.
I'm not convinced that we are tied to last years budget. I think it's more down to getting the right type of player in. There's no reason for our owners not to back KM further. When you consider , the players that he has identified, and that we paid a decent fees for, in Harness and Davis. Have, so far, proven shrewd buys. Imo..
In the grand scheme of things, an extra 20k a week , on top of last years wages. Wouldn't be out of the question, for me.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 22:41]
Analysis of Outgoings on 23:35 - Aug 26 with 936 viewsxrayspecs

Where do we start...

Your wage estimates are miles off. Do you really think our seniors earn £150k pa?
You are ignoring new deals for Burns and Woolfenden, new contracts for Baggott and Nbada too.
You are assuming we paid £3k pw for Bonne and Celina last season, the latter was on circa £20k per week at Dijon, we would have been paying a lot more than £3k per week.
You are assuming a fixed wage bill v last season - which may/may not be the case
You are ignoring incoming transfer fees that can subsidise wages. We have spent money, what is the net balance?
You are ignoring increased season ticket sales and commercial income which can be invested in the wage bill.

Apart from that...

Sorry,, this is not a credible analysis by any sense fo the definition.

The reason Hirst will not come here is not money but the opportunity to play chmpionship football this season.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 23:53]
Analysis of Outgoings on 01:47 - Aug 27 with 848 viewsBigCommon

Analysis of Outgoings on 23:35 - Aug 26 by xrayspecs

Where do we start...

Your wage estimates are miles off. Do you really think our seniors earn £150k pa?
You are ignoring new deals for Burns and Woolfenden, new contracts for Baggott and Nbada too.
You are assuming we paid £3k pw for Bonne and Celina last season, the latter was on circa £20k per week at Dijon, we would have been paying a lot more than £3k per week.
You are assuming a fixed wage bill v last season - which may/may not be the case
You are ignoring incoming transfer fees that can subsidise wages. We have spent money, what is the net balance?
You are ignoring increased season ticket sales and commercial income which can be invested in the wage bill.

Apart from that...

The reason Hirst will not come here is not money but the opportunity to play chmpionship football this season.

Think it was just a broad guestimate from the OP. . There's other things to consider, too.. I should think the staff wage bill might be higher, given the coaches that KM has bought in, compared to Cook's , less than experienced helpers.
Can't remember the name of the Gamechanger guy that came over for the first game v Bolton. Wasn't he the head honcho when it comes to allocating funds?
From memory, he said something along the lines of.. "Show me results in order to justify more investment"... Well, you'd have to say, that Ashton, KM, staff and the team , are doing just that, so far. So perhaps there is some credit in the bank, results wise. To pitch for a last minute addition to the squad?
Analysis of Outgoings on 08:00 - Aug 27 with 727 viewsxrayspecs

Analysis of Outgoings on 01:47 - Aug 27 by BigCommon

Think it was just a broad guestimate from the OP. . There's other things to consider, too.. I should think the staff wage bill might be higher, given the coaches that KM has bought in, compared to Cook's , less than experienced helpers.
Can't remember the name of the Gamechanger guy that came over for the first game v Bolton. Wasn't he the head honcho when it comes to allocating funds?
From memory, he said something along the lines of.. "Show me results in order to justify more investment"... Well, you'd have to say, that Ashton, KM, staff and the team , are doing just that, so far. So perhaps there is some credit in the bank, results wise. To pitch for a last minute addition to the squad?

Within reason money is not the issue when targeting players. So the premise of recycling money from last season does not make sense.
Analysis of Outgoings on 09:15 - Aug 27 with 666 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Analysis of Outgoings on 23:35 - Aug 26 by xrayspecs

Where do we start...

Apart from that...

Quite right. And the OP could have easily done some Googling to find this:
https://www.capology.com/club/ipswich-town/salaries/
Total ITFC wage bill of £5.65M in 22/23 season.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024