Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived 08:50 - Sep 4 with 973 viewsSomethingBlue

(In public anyway!) Looks like he feels something has really shifted in the way we handle those away games. He would appear to be right.

Big five games coming up now. Pompey will be an interesting test after Sheff Weds & Plymouth — hadn't given them much consideration pre-season but wonder now if they might stick around, they have some genuine depth in midfield and attack, Scarlett is a heck of a talent too.

After that lot we'll be more than a quarter of the way through the season and should have an idea of the way things are going. Expect at least one disappointment among them, but if we keep ticking off the games like yesterday's and others carry on dropping points elsewhere that makes the setbacks less important. It's looking good right now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived on 09:52 - Sep 4 with 841 viewstractorboy1978

I think Pompey will last the pace. They've quietly assembled an impressive squad at this level and they have a good manager that knows how to win games. Drop Cambridge out and I think the 5 remaining in the current top 6 will be there come the end of the season. The longer Sheff Wed hold onto Darren Moore, the better.

The numbers over McKenna's reign are hugely impressive and we are so consistent. 30 games, 16 wins, 10 draws, 4 defeats. 17 clean sheets. I can't see us having a bad patch that lingers more than a couple of games.
Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived on 09:59 - Sep 4 with 811 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived on 09:52 - Sep 4 by tractorboy1978

I think Pompey will last the pace. They've quietly assembled an impressive squad at this level and they have a good manager that knows how to win games. Drop Cambridge out and I think the 5 remaining in the current top 6 will be there come the end of the season. The longer Sheff Wed hold onto Darren Moore, the better.

The numbers over McKenna's reign are hugely impressive and we are so consistent. 30 games, 16 wins, 10 draws, 4 defeats. 17 clean sheets. I can't see us having a bad patch that lingers more than a couple of games.

What will be instructive is how the squad/team/manager react after a defeat. As you say the stats so far suggest that we won't have a protracted slump but this is sport so who knows?

One game at a time and all that.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived on 10:31 - Sep 4 with 689 viewsITFC_Forever

Another pleasing factor is result-for-result we are improving on last season.

Bad vibes will be present in Sheffield on 17/09 as perennial jinx Muncher is going.
For those who don’t know him in real life, other than breaking the news and keeping us updated on here what was happening with the takeover, he is the one McKenna(?) /Ashton(?) referred to that had never seen us win an away game in his life.

Considering Muncher is late 30s, that’s some record, although he doesn’t go to many away games (thankfully), that’s still a shocking record.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 11:22]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived on 10:42 - Sep 4 with 625 viewstextbackup

Think that's the happiest McKenna has looked since he arrived on 09:52 - Sep 4 by tractorboy1978

said the same yesterday, you just cant imagine us going 4/5 games with LLDDL against our name.

the bunch of players all speak well, are smart footballing guys, then have data in buckets loads behind them, any issues would quickly get ironed out IMO.

this start has been perfect, means that (hopefully) we are that team playing catch up come the end of the season, we are putting the hard yards in now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024