Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well there's a thing 11:20 - Oct 18 with 1012 viewsGeoffSentence

I have just found out that someone I work with was an England Under 17 international, was on Birmigham's books and played for Oxford United's first team.

Apparently he 'fell out of love with football' when he was 18 though and decided to go into the world of IT instead.

The blinking idiot loves what he's doing now, madman.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well there's a thing on 11:47 - Oct 18 with 901 viewsMedwayTractor

Gamesmanship by a City player, who stood between Wark and the ball on the spot, just before Wark ran up to take the kick. Most likely that Wark's concentration was broken, perhaps he should have taken a few seconds more, maybe to walk forward & reset the ball on the spot.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 11:47]

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Well there's a thing on 11:54 - Oct 18 with 856 viewsclive_baker

Is his favourite team.........

Leads United?

Leads...IT....

Because it sounds like Lee....

Forget it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Well there's a thing on 11:55 - Oct 18 with 855 viewsGeoffSentence

Turns out he is also close friends with Nathaniel Mendez-Laing who could be playing against us on Friday.

And he's cleaned Olivier Kapo's boots and driven his Hummer.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 11:56]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well there's a thing on 12:02 - Oct 18 with 789 viewsMattinLondon

I’m not surprised that a lot of ex-footballers grow to either dislike football or not have anything to do with it after retirement. Many start playing when they are very very young with those that are good at it choosing to take it very seriously. The amount of sacrifices they have to make, the many friends they lose along the way as well as the abuse they encounter in stadiums must all take a lot of burden.
Well there's a thing on 12:48 - Oct 18 with 646 viewsRadlett_blue

Well there's a thing on 12:02 - Oct 18 by MattinLondon

I’m not surprised that a lot of ex-footballers grow to either dislike football or not have anything to do with it after retirement. Many start playing when they are very very young with those that are good at it choosing to take it very seriously. The amount of sacrifices they have to make, the many friends they lose along the way as well as the abuse they encounter in stadiums must all take a lot of burden.

Indeed, the son of a friend of mine was a youth player at Town for a year or two, but he gave it up, partly because he wasn't really enjoying it & I guess he also sensed that he wasn't going to make it as a League player. Desire, commitment & physical development are huge factors in whether a talented teenage player makes the pro grade. If you don't, playing non-league football for a few years isn't necessarily a great idea, unless you absolutely love the game & maybe don't have many better job options.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Well there's a thing on 19:06 - Oct 18 with 396 viewsMattinLondon

Well there's a thing on 12:48 - Oct 18 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, the son of a friend of mine was a youth player at Town for a year or two, but he gave it up, partly because he wasn't really enjoying it & I guess he also sensed that he wasn't going to make it as a League player. Desire, commitment & physical development are huge factors in whether a talented teenage player makes the pro grade. If you don't, playing non-league football for a few years isn't necessarily a great idea, unless you absolutely love the game & maybe don't have many better job options.

Yes.
Many say that footballers wouldn’t be able to cope with a ‘normal’ job which is complete rubbish. From an early age they live within a very ruthless bubble - not many normal people will be able to adapt to the physical and mental determination that professional football demands.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024