Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + 18:58 - Oct 22 with 3747 viewscbower

Doesn't seem so far fetched now though. This club is finally on the up. It's been a while!

bluescouser

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 19:14 - Oct 22 with 3637 viewsRegencyBlue

If the owners were not already aware of the real potential here if they get it right then they surely are now!
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 19:57 - Oct 22 with 3467 viewsFrimleyBlue

What is crazy is a few years ago. That fixture v derby in the championship had an 18k attendance. ( read online somewhere)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 20:32 - Oct 22 with 3379 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 19:57 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

What is crazy is a few years ago. That fixture v derby in the championship had an 18k attendance. ( read online somewhere)

Winning games = higher crowds.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:12 - Oct 22 with 3255 viewsChurchman

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 20:32 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Winning games = higher crowds.

It isn’t just that. It is about hope, expectation, care and pride in the football club. Under Evans it was just a punt to make a fast buck. It’s now all about people seeing something they can buy into. Even the shirt sponsor is somebody truly investing in the club. Magical Vegas? Dear oh dear.

In terms of crowds, I am amazed what’s been achieved in such a short time.
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:19 - Oct 22 with 3222 viewsFromReuserWithLove

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:12 - Oct 22 by Churchman

It isn’t just that. It is about hope, expectation, care and pride in the football club. Under Evans it was just a punt to make a fast buck. It’s now all about people seeing something they can buy into. Even the shirt sponsor is somebody truly investing in the club. Magical Vegas? Dear oh dear.

Agreed. If there is a feeling of something to get behind them fans will get behind it. It's the intention of being a success not necessarily success itself (though obviously that helps)
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:23 - Oct 22 with 3190 viewssuffolkpoker

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:12 - Oct 22 by Churchman

100% the club has not been run as smart for a very long time.
I do miss magical vegas as a sponsor, as I had there 2 season ticket and always got treated like royalty every time I called up asking to switch seats or get complimentary car parking etc.

Feels weird having to pay my own way now. Shame Ed isn’t as forth coming to me haha

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:41 - Oct 22 with 3117 viewsjaykay

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 19:57 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

i think you would have read on the derby forum . you a busy little bee writing on the pink un forum as well

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 23:27 - Oct 22 with 2868 viewsPendejo

Now the ticket promotion is over...

Crowd for Cheltenham? 24,000?
Which would still be a great for this division... but somehow disappointing.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 05:56 - Oct 23 with 2688 viewsbobbyramsey

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 19:14 - Oct 22 by RegencyBlue

If the owners were not already aware of the real potential here if they get it right then they surely are now!

And it’s no mistake, these yanks know how to fill a stadium…….
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 07:37 - Oct 23 with 2597 viewsChurchman

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 05:56 - Oct 23 by bobbyramsey

And it’s no mistake, these yanks know how to fill a stadium…….

They certainly do. I remember the first and only time I went to a Baseball game in the US 30 years ago. I was directed into a parking space. Given a tray for food, some promotional stuff, up the escalator, directed to my seat. The ground was clean and smart.

A few months earlier I’d been to Watford away. Got there through the allotment to an old stand which reeked. At least there was fresh air on the crumbling old terrace at Bristol City, but dilapidated was the norm. Ok, our ground was better as were others including Anfield but still was way short of what the Americans offered even then.

Facilities in the U.K. have improved no end but there’s a way to go in my view. If you go to an NFL game in London, some of its cheesy but boy is it slick. It’s a basic concept of invest, make it inviting, make it inclusive and people will come and spend their money. It works.
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 2299 viewsArnieM

The increase in attendances is due to the club matching ( at last) it’s fan base’s aspirations. We’ve always had a good following, but the club has rarely had the foresight to pay attention to what a jewel it really is. Gamechanger does, and look at what’s happening. You have to speculate to accumulate. If we go up I can see re build of that Cobbold stand to increase capacity happening so9ner than later. I believe the Owners have a far better communication with the Borough Council than Evans ever did, so things will be more easily facilitated.

McKenna ( and Ashton and Gamechanger) at the wheel. 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 11:03 - Oct 23 with 2265 viewscatch74

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 10:51 - Oct 23 by ArnieM

The increase in attendances is due to the club matching ( at last) it’s fan base’s aspirations. We’ve always had a good following, but the club has rarely had the foresight to pay attention to what a jewel it really is. Gamechanger does, and look at what’s happening. You have to speculate to accumulate. If we go up I can see re build of that Cobbold stand to increase capacity happening so9ner than later. I believe the Owners have a far better communication with the Borough Council than Evans ever did, so things will be more easily facilitated.

Would you say the fans are getting what they wished for?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 12:37 - Oct 23 with 2154 viewsArnieM

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 11:03 - Oct 23 by catch74

Would you say the fans are getting what they wished for?

By and large, yea. The football at times is brilliant. We’re not the finished article by any means , but This club is lightyears ahead of where it was 18 months ago, I feel. But there’s real hope and optimism and we can finally believe …
What do you think then?

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 13:51 - Oct 23 with 2078 viewshoppy

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 10:51 - Oct 23 by ArnieM

Also, a pride in the stadium, and how it looks. The graphics round the outside edge of the fanzone for example, is something they've invested in to improve how it looks. It's not something that will increase sales of anything, or make any money at all... yet it's still seen as being important to get done. Something not evident under the previous ownership.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 14:54 - Oct 23 with 1965 viewsArnieM

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 13:51 - Oct 23 by hoppy

Also, a pride in the stadium, and how it looks. The graphics round the outside edge of the fanzone for example, is something they've invested in to improve how it looks. It's not something that will increase sales of anything, or make any money at all... yet it's still seen as being important to get done. Something not evident under the previous ownership.

It’s a sense of identity and belonging really isn’t it .

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 14:58 - Oct 23 with 1956 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ironically the new owners are in it to make money too.

However, they seem to realise the way to do that is to get everything run well and allow it to play out. ME thought that cutting the costs was the way to go. If you run the club on a League 1 funding and get it into the Premier League, you will cash out big time. He didn't recognise that run it as a League 1 club it will soon become one.

These are much better times but let's not pretend the owners are in this for anything other than to make money in the end.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 16:24 - Oct 23 with 1842 viewsOldFart71

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 19:14 - Oct 22 by RegencyBlue

Americans are all about the experience. Their theme parks certainly know how to get the bucks out of people. Take Disney World Florida. A multi highway road into the park. Plenty of food outlets and monorails to take you to the theme park you have chosen. Hotels on the park and souvenir shops. The parade in the Magic Kingdom something to behold. Great Universal also excellent. PR will be unrecognizable in a few years. New stand where the Cobbold currently is. Better availability of food and drink and commercially a totally different kettle of fish than we currently have.
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 17:57 - Oct 23 with 1719 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 16:24 - Oct 23 by OldFart71

Americans are all about the experience. Their theme parks certainly know how to get the bucks out of people. Take Disney World Florida. A multi highway road into the park. Plenty of food outlets and monorails to take you to the theme park you have chosen. Hotels on the park and souvenir shops. The parade in the Magic Kingdom something to behold. Great Universal also excellent. PR will be unrecognizable in a few years. New stand where the Cobbold currently is. Better availability of food and drink and commercially a totally different kettle of fish than we currently have.

They recognise that it is an entertainment business.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 20:27 - Oct 23 with 1520 viewsstonojnr

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 07:37 - Oct 23 by Churchman

They certainly do. I remember the first and only time I went to a Baseball game in the US 30 years ago. I was directed into a parking space. Given a tray for food, some promotional stuff, up the escalator, directed to my seat. The ground was clean and smart.

A few months earlier I’d been to Watford away. Got there through the allotment to an old stand which reeked. At least there was fresh air on the crumbling old terrace at Bristol City, but dilapidated was the norm. Ok, our ground was better as were others including Anfield but still was way short of what the Americans offered even then.

Facilities in the U.K. have improved no end but there’s a way to go in my view. If you go to an NFL game in London, some of its cheesy but boy is it slick. It’s a basic concept of invest, make it inviting, make it inclusive and people will come and spend their money. It works.

admittedly it was a Blue Jays game in Toronto I went to about 20 years ago, so maybe the Canucks do these things differently there, but I got none of that treatment and it was very familiar feel to kind of football/cricket match in the UK, except the stadium was fairly decent, 50k capacity but it was only just over half full.
I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:29 - Oct 23 with 1445 viewsDinnernotTea

All decent comments but there won't be anywhere near 28,000 vs Cheltenham in November.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 07:16 - Oct 24 with 1303 viewsArnieM

I sniggered when Ashton said we could average 28k + on 21:29 - Oct 23 by DinnernotTea

All decent comments but there won't be anywhere near 28,000 vs Cheltenham in November.

Suspect it’ll be about 25-26k which remains awesome in the third tier of English football!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024