Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who has actually got my money 17:50 - Feb 9 with 2168 viewsgtsb1966

Filled up at Tesco on the self service pump last Friday. Noticed on banking app that I have a £120 reserve charge taken out of my account pending and the petrol money of £40 has been taken out completely and paid to Tesco. As of today the £120 is still pending and was told it can take seven working days to go back in. Who has my money or more importantly the decision to say it's mine. I know it's not much and I'll get it back but to a family struggling that could mean hardship. Shouldn't be allowed to be kept that long if they've got the money for the goods.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:56]
So who has actually got my money on 18:05 - Feb 9 with 2064 viewsDJR

That sounds outrageous.
So who has actually got my money on 18:10 - Feb 9 with 2033 viewsHARRY10

So who has actually got my money on 18:05 - Feb 9 by DJR

That sounds outrageous.

That method has been known for quite a while.

Try simply paying by cash in the Kiosk - it works
So who has actually got my money on 18:11 - Feb 9 with 2037 viewsDJR

So who has actually got my money on 18:05 - Feb 9 by DJR

That sounds outrageous.

This explains the position.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/why-your-card-is-being-checked-for-100-when

The following paragraphs seem relevant.

Your banking or payment app may alert you to the fact that your card is being checked for £100.

This amount [£100} won't be taken from your account at any point - instead, it's reserved while you fill up on petrol until you pay for the amount of fuel you've bought.

We're told that any cases of money not being released immediately after you've paid is down to your bank and you should contact them if you run into any problems.
So who has actually got my money on 18:27 - Feb 9 with 1950 viewsgtsb1966

So who has actually got my money on 18:11 - Feb 9 by DJR

This explains the position.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/why-your-card-is-being-checked-for-100-when

The following paragraphs seem relevant.

Your banking or payment app may alert you to the fact that your card is being checked for £100.

This amount [£100} won't be taken from your account at any point - instead, it's reserved while you fill up on petrol until you pay for the amount of fuel you've bought.

We're told that any cases of money not being released immediately after you've paid is down to your bank and you should contact them if you run into any problems.

Now £120. Someone must make something holding millions of pounds for up to 7 working days.
So who has actually got my money on 18:31 - Feb 9 with 1934 viewsPinewoodblue

So who has actually got my money on 18:27 - Feb 9 by gtsb1966

Now £120. Someone must make something holding millions of pounds for up to 7 working days.

All it does it protect the vendor if you do a runner. The money doesn't leave your account it is effectively ring-fenced.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So who has actually got my money on 18:35 - Feb 9 with 1906 viewsDJR

So who has actually got my money on 18:31 - Feb 9 by Pinewoodblue

All it does it protect the vendor if you do a runner. The money doesn't leave your account it is effectively ring-fenced.

But surely if you want to do a runner, you opt not to pay at the pump.
So who has actually got my money on 18:35 - Feb 9 with 1907 viewsgtsb1966

So who has actually got my money on 18:31 - Feb 9 by Pinewoodblue

It doesn't leave your account as such but you can't access it either . If you are a family struggling each week that's a lot of money.
So who has actually got my money on 18:39 - Feb 9 with 1891 viewsDJR

So who has actually got my money on 18:35 - Feb 9 by gtsb1966

It doesn't leave your account as such but you can't access it either . If you are a family struggling each week that's a lot of money.

In this day an age, they (whoever they are) should have a system in place which cancels the £120 as soon as you pay for the petrol.
Login to get fewer ads

So who has actually got my money on 18:41 - Feb 9 with 1868 viewsgtsb1966

So who has actually got my money on 18:39 - Feb 9 by DJR

In this day an age, they (whoever they are) should have a system in place which cancels the £120 as soon as you pay for the petrol.

Apparently it usually goes back in within a couple of hours but in some cases can take 7 working days. Why....God knows.
So who has actually got my money on 18:45 - Feb 9 with 1826 viewsDanTheMan

So who has actually got my money on 18:41 - Feb 9 by gtsb1966

Apparently it usually goes back in within a couple of hours but in some cases can take 7 working days. Why....God knows.

Banks, especially the old-school ones, are fairly crap with these kinds of things.

I work in open banking these days and they are so much more of a pain in the arse to deal with than the neo banks.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So who has actually got my money on 19:01 - Feb 9 with 1744 viewsKeno

If you post your bank account, sort code and pin I’ll be happy to sort that

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So who has actually got my money on 19:02 - Feb 9 with 1738 viewsHARRY10

So who has actually got my money on 18:41 - Feb 9 by gtsb1966

A convenient source of money, given how much is held over

Surprisingly I have never had money taken out of my pocket when paying for petrol, with the cashier assuring me it will be put back at ....err......sometime

I take the view that only have I no wish for others to know where, when and what I buy but I don't see any reason to see any amount go to banks for a 'handling charge'
So who has actually got my money on 19:03 - Feb 9 with 1733 viewsgtsb1966

So who has actually got my money on 19:01 - Feb 9 by Keno

If you post your bank account, sort code and pin I’ll be happy to sort that

Done it already . The Nigerian Customer Services were very helpful
So who has actually got my money on 19:08 - Feb 9 with 1696 viewsKeno

So who has actually got my money on 19:03 - Feb 9 by gtsb1966

Done it already . The Nigerian Customer Services were very helpful

Good man, I’m sure my newly found Uncle Ngoombe will be glad to help

So who has actually got my money on 16:51 - Feb 10 with 1256 viewsCrawfordsboot

So who has actually got my money on 19:08 - Feb 9 by Keno

Good man, I’m sure my newly found Uncle Ngoombe will be glad to help

You just crossed a line guys!
So who has actually got my money on 16:58 - Feb 10 with 1208 viewsgtsb1966

So who has actually got my money on 16:51 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

If you're serious then this https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2019/nigerian.html

If not I'm the victim of a whoosh.....which is better than a Nigerian email scam.
So who has actually got my money on 17:22 - Feb 10 with 1117 viewsKeno

So who has actually got my money on 16:51 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

Uncle???

So who has actually got my money on 18:41 - Feb 10 with 1002 viewsBluesky

Been there. Complained to Tesco after my account was not re-credited after several hours.
Tesco showed me a printout of all transactions involving my card proving they had not taken the £120. themselves.

Then I complained to my bank saying it was unacceptable and asked where was my £120. They didn't answer that bit but paid me a sum of money out of "goodwill". The £120 re-appeared as I was complaining. I no longer 'pay at the pump' under any circumstance. You can see the need to protect against motorists who do a runner - but I want to know who is earning interest on my money. No. I don't want ANYONE to earn interest on my money except me!
So who has actually got my money on 19:06 - Feb 10 with 952 viewsgtsb1966

So who has actually got my money on 18:41 - Feb 10 by Bluesky

Been there. Complained to Tesco after my account was not re-credited after several hours.
Tesco showed me a printout of all transactions involving my card proving they had not taken the £120. themselves.

Then I complained to my bank saying it was unacceptable and asked where was my £120. They didn't answer that bit but paid me a sum of money out of "goodwill". The £120 re-appeared as I was complaining. I no longer 'pay at the pump' under any circumstance. You can see the need to protect against motorists who do a runner - but I want to know who is earning interest on my money. No. I don't want ANYONE to earn interest on my money except me!

Got mine back today after 7 days.
So who has actually got my money on 21:39 - Feb 10 with 811 viewsbournemouthblue

So who has actually got my money on 18:41 - Feb 10 by Bluesky

The people earning interest are your bank, that's how they roll

It's not the only place where this practice happens, online retailers tend to do it on orders before they are dispatched
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 21:40]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024