Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns 20:54 - Feb 11 with 939 views3_5_2

Having a go at Clarke when he has had another in a long line of inept games.

He was woeful today, rarely takes a player on when one to one and his few crosses were poor again.

Last week v Cambs Utd he saw lots of the ball but again, the end product was very poor.

Gone all “Billy big Bollox” since the World Cup.

He needs to step up or have a rest

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Burns on 21:00 - Feb 11 with 875 viewsBigCommon

What was he actually having a go about?
It's normal for players to shout at one another when things ain't going swimmingly.
Lot of tension and frustration out on that pitch.
Burns on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 779 views3_5_2

Burns on 21:00 - Feb 11 by BigCommon

What was he actually having a go about?
It's normal for players to shout at one another when things ain't going swimmingly.
Lot of tension and frustration out on that pitch.

Hard to say but they were not on the same page most of the first half.

A subtle change in the 2nd half allowed Burns to get forward more but his final ball / crossing is very very poor at the moment.

Wednesday didn’t double up on him much in the 1st half (he was playing right in front of us) yet not once did he get “one v one” and take the left back on. He had a couple crosses from deep (easier to defend) and they were behind anyone in the box.

This is fairly basic stuff, I don’t see why he is not told to take them on, especially in the box

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Burns on 21:38 - Feb 11 with 725 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Gone all “Billy big Bollox” since the World Cup.

Im assuming this is sarcasm. Either that or utter nonsense.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Burns on 21:40 - Feb 11 with 702 viewsBigCommon

Burns on 21:29 - Feb 11 by 3_5_2

Hard to say but they were not on the same page most of the first half.

A subtle change in the 2nd half allowed Burns to get forward more but his final ball / crossing is very very poor at the moment.

Wednesday didn’t double up on him much in the 1st half (he was playing right in front of us) yet not once did he get “one v one” and take the left back on. He had a couple crosses from deep (easier to defend) and they were behind anyone in the box.

This is fairly basic stuff, I don’t see why he is not told to take them on, especially in the box

I think he's at his best when he runs at his man. Maybe he's just not confident atm... Completely take your point though, he's not hitting last season's heights... But as far as players having a go at each other? I never read anything personal into it. Sometimes wish there was a bit more of it, t bh. Especially amongst our defenders and keeper.. I wasn't there though, so maybe you picked up on something, re Burns and Clarke?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024