Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today’s worst person on the internet 12:41 - Feb 11 with 6196 viewsIllinoisblue

An anti-vax grifter who’s claiming that Nicola Bulley doesn’t actually exist. Lots of “I’m just asking questions”

The state of this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 13:01 - Feb 11 with 4526 viewsgainsboroughblue

Fk me.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 13:09 - Feb 11 with 4479 viewsMullet

The Lancs police credit bit alone...

Incidentally they've had to hire private security up there because so many social media ghouls are making videos etc. trespassing and harassing the locals.

Grim.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Today’s worst person on the internet on 13:16 - Feb 11 with 4430 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I haven't really followed this - why do so many people seem so desperate to insert themselves into this case? I don't mean to be crass about the presumed death of a woman, but feels like we're collectively living in a Netflix documentary at present.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 13:24 - Feb 11 with 4345 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Anyone called Jacqui who spends their time posting on Twitter is probably going to be worth ignoring.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 23:55 - Feb 11 with 3998 viewsHARRY10

Today’s worst person on the internet on 13:16 - Feb 11 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I haven't really followed this - why do so many people seem so desperate to insert themselves into this case? I don't mean to be crass about the presumed death of a woman, but feels like we're collectively living in a Netflix documentary at present.

I had the misfortune, on Friday, to phone up the husband of a cousin over a family matter. He was keen to tell me his concerns about this case - which amounted to a claim that the police are not tellis us everything, and he knew who had absducted her, but would tell because I would just argue.

As it turned out he then went on to tell me about the number of migrants landing* and as how most are men, that is why there is trouble In Liverpool. Their are assaulting women, and this cretin further stated that they probably have the missing woman in the hotel.

Apparently they cut off the CCTV camera near the river as they do in other places.

When asked what news station this was on he told me he has his sources, and people were fed up with the BBC and were now using other places to get the truth out. It was from him that I got the wee Jimmy Cranky story about (a fictional character) King Arthur returning to save England.

As in the US, money is coming from somewhere to fund this dangerous nonsense. However that is not the problem, the fact is they are merely feeding the ignorance and stupidity of a growing number of thickos. A child of 6 would grasp that a fictional character cannot 'come back from the dead'.

Any point I put to him in reply was rebuffed with the same level of stupidity as Lie Andersons (MP) claim that an executed person cannot commit another crime. Pointing out the flaws in his nonsense was met with ...... "thats your opinion"...... that King Arthur did not exist. My opinion ?

Dear god, these people are out there, walking among us

*apparently it is more than twice the number, as the government don't want 'us' to know, I pointed out that would mean the RNLI would have to be in on this conspiracy

"there you go talking the government line" was his response
Today’s worst person on the internet on 01:02 - Feb 12 with 3915 viewsRyorry

Jeezus H ...

Threads like that on Twitter do at least provide a handy ready-made list of people who need to be blocked though.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Today’s worst person on the internet on 02:25 - Feb 12 with 3825 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter is filled with people openly stating her partner has killed her or doing things like tarot card readings where they take publicly known information and then just fill in the blanks with BS.

Her partner looked exhausted and stressed in the interview but a large number of complete ***** are saying that is proof he did it. Awful for him and her family and friends. People just need to shut up.

To be fair there are many people also telling these people to shut up but these idiots seem to feed off each other.

Edit: husband edited to partner
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 2:31]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 07:51 - Feb 12 with 3597 viewsGeoffSentence

Seems like a more sinister equivalent of making up a transfer rumour on TWTD and seeing how far it goes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Today’s worst person on the internet on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 3491 viewsChorleyBoy

Looks like a perfectly normal selfie from a good quality phone with bokeh setting to me.I'm sure Nicola Bulley "actually exists".

What irritates me most about all this is the reaction to the Tweeter's comments - if indeed the tweeter herself actually exists.

Imagine living in a society where people are afraid to ask questions and are punished by the government or mocked by society for doing so. Stalinist Russia, Maoist China, Cold War East Germany, North Korea... Where next? 2020's Britain?

If that sounds alarmist, think about what you're doing when you weaponise the words "Just asking questions".

Fair enough, mock the Tweeter and her silly views if you want to, but if you mock people's right to free speech by weaponising the act you're actively limiting your own rights to something very, very precious.

I love my country, my people and the fact that I'm European and that's because I have been able to (and hopefully always will) express some unpopular views freely.

We should not take our rights for granted, we should defend them with our lives.
Today’s worst person on the internet on 09:21 - Feb 12 with 3363 viewsMullet

Today’s worst person on the internet on 08:42 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

Looks like a perfectly normal selfie from a good quality phone with bokeh setting to me.I'm sure Nicola Bulley "actually exists".

What irritates me most about all this is the reaction to the Tweeter's comments - if indeed the tweeter herself actually exists.

Imagine living in a society where people are afraid to ask questions and are punished by the government or mocked by society for doing so. Stalinist Russia, Maoist China, Cold War East Germany, North Korea... Where next? 2020's Britain?

If that sounds alarmist, think about what you're doing when you weaponise the words "Just asking questions".

Fair enough, mock the Tweeter and her silly views if you want to, but if you mock people's right to free speech by weaponising the act you're actively limiting your own rights to something very, very precious.

I love my country, my people and the fact that I'm European and that's because I have been able to (and hopefully always will) express some unpopular views freely.

We should not take our rights for granted, we should defend them with our lives.

"Just asking questions" is a trope for "just being a tw@t" thanks to conspiracy idiots and grifters. That doesn't mean enquiry is suddenly under threat at all, quite the opposite.

But given that "just asking questions" is the book end to "here's my sh1twitted theory based on entirely nothing" doesn't mean that this corrupt and scummy government is forming a Stasi against social media cranks.

Today’s worst person on the internet on 09:34 - Feb 12 with 3299 viewsChorleyBoy

Today’s worst person on the internet on 09:21 - Feb 12 by Mullet

"Just asking questions" is a trope for "just being a tw@t" thanks to conspiracy idiots and grifters. That doesn't mean enquiry is suddenly under threat at all, quite the opposite.

But given that "just asking questions" is the book end to "here's my sh1twitted theory based on entirely nothing" doesn't mean that this corrupt and scummy government is forming a Stasi against social media cranks.

And what qualifies "just being a tw@t"?

Is it

a) not falling in line with the government
b) not falling in line with popular opinion (and the media)
c) not agreeing with you
d) agreeing with Trump
e) holding the same opinion as anyone who is accused (rightly or wrongly) of being white supremacist/anti-vaxx/antisemitic/racist/climate denier/conspiracy theorist about anything.
Today’s worst person on the internet on 09:46 - Feb 12 with 3262 viewsMullet

Today’s worst person on the internet on 09:34 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

And what qualifies "just being a tw@t"?

Is it

a) not falling in line with the government
b) not falling in line with popular opinion (and the media)
c) not agreeing with you
d) agreeing with Trump
e) holding the same opinion as anyone who is accused (rightly or wrongly) of being white supremacist/anti-vaxx/antisemitic/racist/climate denier/conspiracy theorist about anything.

f) speculating on the potential death of a woman for social media attention.

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:01 - Feb 12 with 3196 viewsLankHenners

It’s stuff like this which is why Errol Morris says part of him regrets ever making seminal true crime documentary The Thin Blue Line.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:08 - Feb 12 with 3156 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s worst person on the internet on 09:21 - Feb 12 by Mullet

Well said.

We’re not talking about people asking questions as some democratic, civic journalism process and to defend our rights. These are people happily using their ignorance to spread misinformation and ultimately divisive views.

This ignorant delusion is at the heart of the populist right. Where outlets like GB News are somehow beacons of honesty/common sense in a world of fakery. And not some crappy propaganda machine for the populist right churning out fairy tales for the hard of thinking.

All of which would be immediately obvious if the people asking questions ever showed they cared about the real world rather than holding onto their narrow views at all costs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:31 - Feb 12 with 3088 viewsChorleyBoy

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:08 - Feb 12 by Darth_Koont

Well said.

We’re not talking about people asking questions as some democratic, civic journalism process and to defend our rights. These are people happily using their ignorance to spread misinformation and ultimately divisive views.

This ignorant delusion is at the heart of the populist right. Where outlets like GB News are somehow beacons of honesty/common sense in a world of fakery. And not some crappy propaganda machine for the populist right churning out fairy tales for the hard of thinking.

All of which would be immediately obvious if the people asking questions ever showed they cared about the real world rather than holding onto their narrow views at all costs.

>>"We’re not talking about people asking questions as some democratic, civic journalism process and to defend our rights. These are people happily using their ignorance to spread misinformation and ultimately divisive views."

What misinformation has been spread by the silly tweeter? What's wrong with divisive views? Every democracy on the planet exists because of divisive views. Do you prefer the Chinese political model?

>>"This ignorant delusion is at the heart of the populist right. Where outlets like GB News are somehow beacons of honesty/common sense in a world of fakery. And not some crappy propaganda machine for the populist right churning out fairy tales for the hard of thinking."

So it IS all about politics. We must censor the populist right for spreading misinformation, right?

FYI, I'd say the same thing if you were talking about the "the progressive left".

>>"All of which would be immediately obvious if the people asking questions ever showed they cared about the real world rather than holding onto their narrow views at all costs."

Go on, tell me how people asking questions don't care about the real world, please.
Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:51 - Feb 12 with 2968 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:31 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

>>"We’re not talking about people asking questions as some democratic, civic journalism process and to defend our rights. These are people happily using their ignorance to spread misinformation and ultimately divisive views."

What misinformation has been spread by the silly tweeter? What's wrong with divisive views? Every democracy on the planet exists because of divisive views. Do you prefer the Chinese political model?

>>"This ignorant delusion is at the heart of the populist right. Where outlets like GB News are somehow beacons of honesty/common sense in a world of fakery. And not some crappy propaganda machine for the populist right churning out fairy tales for the hard of thinking."

So it IS all about politics. We must censor the populist right for spreading misinformation, right?

FYI, I'd say the same thing if you were talking about the "the progressive left".

>>"All of which would be immediately obvious if the people asking questions ever showed they cared about the real world rather than holding onto their narrow views at all costs."

Go on, tell me how people asking questions don't care about the real world, please.

Go on then. Make the case that the progressive left is spreading misinformation or churning out fairy tales. About what?

I bet it’ll be more of the same delusuonal ignorance.

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:55 - Feb 12 with 2944 viewsChorleyBoy

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:51 - Feb 12 by Darth_Koont

Go on then. Make the case that the progressive left is spreading misinformation or churning out fairy tales. About what?

I bet it’ll be more of the same delusuonal ignorance.

Completely ignore my questions and ask one of your own.

Is that how it works?
Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:03 - Feb 12 with 2890 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:55 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

Completely ignore my questions and ask one of your own.

Is that how it works?

I thought your post was a load of nonsense typified by you pretending that this is coming from the left too. Here’s your opportunity to back that up with an example.

What do you want me to specifically address? I’m not going down your rabbithole because that’s no help to anyone.

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:12 - Feb 12 with 2864 viewslowhouseblue

Today’s worst person on the internet on 10:31 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

asking questions is very good. but sometimes the purpose of asking a question is to imply something that you can't otherwise prove. or to imply that some piece of widely accepted information is false. I don't think you can claim that the person in the twitter thread is innocently asking questions without implying any answer to them (and all her answers are mad). the response 'i was only asking a question' is almost always dishonest - there's no only about it, it's a rhetorical device intended lead people to a particular conclusion.

but yes, nutters on the left do this as well as nutters on the right.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:14 - Feb 12 with 2845 viewsChorleyBoy

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:03 - Feb 12 by Darth_Koont

I thought your post was a load of nonsense typified by you pretending that this is coming from the left too. Here’s your opportunity to back that up with an example.

What do you want me to specifically address? I’m not going down your rabbithole because that’s no help to anyone.

And this is how it works. I thought your post was full of nonsense so I asked you some questions to make sense of it all. You don't like my questions so you ignore them and ask some of your own. I think you're an idiot and your comments about me suggest our feelings are mutual.

I want you specifically to specifically address the questions I asked. They're not particularly complicated but they'll only take you down a rabbit hole if you answer them with the contradictory hyperbole and rhetoric you normally spout and as you say, that's no help to anyone.
Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:23 - Feb 12 with 2795 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:14 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

And this is how it works. I thought your post was full of nonsense so I asked you some questions to make sense of it all. You don't like my questions so you ignore them and ask some of your own. I think you're an idiot and your comments about me suggest our feelings are mutual.

I want you specifically to specifically address the questions I asked. They're not particularly complicated but they'll only take you down a rabbit hole if you answer them with the contradictory hyperbole and rhetoric you normally spout and as you say, that's no help to anyone.

I read the twitter thread and checked out others from the tweeter as well as looking at her clownish Unity News Network. If you think this is a serious person making serious points then I think you need to take a step back.

My post was adding to Mullet who was talking about the general MO of these “truth seekers”.

Your turn. What are the narratives and fairy tales on the progressive left?

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:25 - Feb 12 with 2724 viewsChorleyBoy

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:12 - Feb 12 by lowhouseblue

asking questions is very good. but sometimes the purpose of asking a question is to imply something that you can't otherwise prove. or to imply that some piece of widely accepted information is false. I don't think you can claim that the person in the twitter thread is innocently asking questions without implying any answer to them (and all her answers are mad). the response 'i was only asking a question' is almost always dishonest - there's no only about it, it's a rhetorical device intended lead people to a particular conclusion.

but yes, nutters on the left do this as well as nutters on the right.

Fair comment and I totally agree that questions often imply something that can't otherwise be proved.

I think her questions are actually pretty stupid because people can quite easily demonstrate that similar selfies are easily obtainable with many mobile phones.

The best way to deal with stupid questions that fuel conspiracy theories is to answer them. Dismissing them as "just asking questions" and not entertaining them in any way is the best way to fuel conspiracies. And that is what I feel may be one of the purposes of this twitter exchange: to get a halfwit asking dumb questions and weaponising "just asking questions".
Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:32 - Feb 12 with 2665 viewsChorleyBoy

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:23 - Feb 12 by Darth_Koont

I read the twitter thread and checked out others from the tweeter as well as looking at her clownish Unity News Network. If you think this is a serious person making serious points then I think you need to take a step back.

My post was adding to Mullet who was talking about the general MO of these “truth seekers”.

Your turn. What are the narratives and fairy tales on the progressive left?

My comments from the very first post in this thread are critical of the tweeter. I certainly don't think she's serious or making serious points. I even suggested that it may actually be her (and not the selfies of Nicola Bulley) that might not "actually exist".

For some reason you jumped on the "he must be part of the moronic populist right" bandwagon without reading my posts clearly.

My politics before I became quite delusional with UK politics were very clearly left of centre.

And you still haven't answered any of my questions and I'm sure you have no intention of doing so.
Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:54 - Feb 12 with 2576 viewsRob88

There’s a lot of strong competition at the moment what with Seymour Hersh and his latest comments.
Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:59 - Feb 12 with 2540 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s worst person on the internet on 11:32 - Feb 12 by ChorleyBoy

My comments from the very first post in this thread are critical of the tweeter. I certainly don't think she's serious or making serious points. I even suggested that it may actually be her (and not the selfies of Nicola Bulley) that might not "actually exist".

For some reason you jumped on the "he must be part of the moronic populist right" bandwagon without reading my posts clearly.

My politics before I became quite delusional with UK politics were very clearly left of centre.

And you still haven't answered any of my questions and I'm sure you have no intention of doing so.

I didn’t say anything about you. And you responded to me.

Still waiting for you to even start backing up your both-sidesing claim ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024