Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… 19:15 - Feb 19 with 4776 viewsITFC_Forever

… take no notice as unfortunately for them, Clive at LFW sums them up not in so many words, as a basket case.

Clive described us in our relegation season as a bin fire rolling down a hill, a danger everyone and ourselves. QPR aren’t far off that at the moment.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:17 - Feb 19 with 4490 viewsSuperblue95

They’re in free fall. Mad considering they were top for a while a few games in.

Can’t be many occasions when a team has gotten relegated after being top in the same season but they’re in real danger of it.

Edit: They were still top 16 games in!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 19:34]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 4398 viewsclive_baker

I wonder if he’ll sit tight and go back to Blackpool in the summer. Guess it depends on how Mick gets on to some extent but they absolutely raved about Critchley. He was so highly thought of there and very much viewed him as one of the best young(ish) managers around.

Not going to come out of this QPR stint with too much credit admittedly but it’s a curious one just how bad they’ve looked under a clearly very capable coach.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:28 - Feb 19 with 4365 viewstractordownsouth

If the decision has been made purely on the basis of on-field performance, then it's a bit silly . The style of play he wanted to implement wasn't suited to the squad they've got, so they needed to either give him time or not appoint him in the first place.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:48 - Feb 19 with 4213 viewsmonkeymagic

For those that like to visit other fan sites, I can highly recommend Clive Whittingham on loft for words. A very funny writer. Here is a link to his report following QPR going out of the FA cup at Fleetwood :
https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/news/59312/fleetwood-cack-%E2%80%93-repor
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:48 - Feb 19 with 4202 viewstractorboy1978

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:25 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

I wonder if he’ll sit tight and go back to Blackpool in the summer. Guess it depends on how Mick gets on to some extent but they absolutely raved about Critchley. He was so highly thought of there and very much viewed him as one of the best young(ish) managers around.

Not going to come out of this QPR stint with too much credit admittedly but it’s a curious one just how bad they’ve looked under a clearly very capable coach.

He didn't start quickly at Blackpool either. He lost 7 of his first 11 in charge across the curtailed COVID season and the start of the one they eventually got promoted in. They looked complete bobbins against us when we beat them 4-1 at their place.

Bet they are glad they didn't pop him off early!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 19:49]
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 20:35 - Feb 19 with 3828 viewsStu_boy

Could be a decent opportunity for Ainsworth
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 21:28 - Feb 19 with 3583 viewsITFC_Forever

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:48 - Feb 19 by monkeymagic

For those that like to visit other fan sites, I can highly recommend Clive Whittingham on loft for words. A very funny writer. Here is a link to his report following QPR going out of the FA cup at Fleetwood :
https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/news/59312/fleetwood-cack-%E2%80%93-repor

After TWTD of course, LFW is probably the football website I read the most…. Always in the money whether it’s the trials and tribulations of following QPR or talking about macro themes that affect us all.

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 22:25 - Feb 19 with 3380 viewsTheBoyBlue

Aren't they now the third Championship club on the third manager this season?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 22:29 - Feb 19 with 3336 viewsgainsboroughblue

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 22:25 - Feb 19 by TheBoyBlue

Aren't they now the third Championship club on the third manager this season?

Four!

Cardiff
Wigan
Huddersfield

And now QPR, though obviously Beale wasn't sacked.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 22:54 - Feb 19 with 3190 viewsTheBoyBlue

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 22:29 - Feb 19 by gainsboroughblue

Four!

Cardiff
Wigan
Huddersfield

And now QPR, though obviously Beale wasn't sacked.

Bonkers. Just because Watford (and in totally different circumstances) Chelsea have been so successful with firing at the slightest sign of bad form, it seems to be viewed as a surefire shortcut to success, but generally it just seems to make building any meaningful foundations impossible.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 08:24 - Feb 20 with 2579 viewsSwansea_Blue

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:48 - Feb 19 by monkeymagic

A glowing reference for Dozzell. “Should have been charged an admission fee”. “You talk about ball-playing central midfield players having a “picture in their mind”, well he’s drawing his with a wax crayon.” Lol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 2376 viewsBent_double

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 22:54 - Feb 19 by TheBoyBlue

Bonkers. Just because Watford (and in totally different circumstances) Chelsea have been so successful with firing at the slightest sign of bad form, it seems to be viewed as a surefire shortcut to success, but generally it just seems to make building any meaningful foundations impossible.

There should only be one 'free' manager change allowed per club, per season. Every subsequent change should come with a points deduction for the club, 5 points for example.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 09:39 - Feb 20 with 2296 viewswitchdoctor

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 08:24 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

A glowing reference for Dozzell. “Should have been charged an admission fee”. “You talk about ball-playing central midfield players having a “picture in their mind”, well he’s drawing his with a wax crayon.” Lol

The midfield was comprehensively dominated by the hosts.
Andre Dozzell should have been charged an admission fee.
From a long menu of embarrassing slop served up by QPR on Saturday, his was perhaps the most insipid of all. At one point, in the second half, a duffed clearance dropped his way 30 yards from goal and he just stuck a lazy leg out and bashed the ball straight back to the centre half who'd given it him in the first place off the flat of his shin pad. What was that? I mean, what was that? You talk about ball-playing central midfield players having a "picture in their mind" well he's drawing his with a wax crayon. May as well not have been there. It was like playing with ten. A dog of a performance - I wondered whether Bob Carolees was free to head up the coast, stick his hand up his arse and try animate him a bit. It's as close to a 1/10 as l've come for a long time.
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:39 - Feb 20 with 2162 viewstextbackup

I know someone who’s close to AD, he absolutely hates it there.

The whole clubs a mess by sounds of things

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:44 - Feb 20 with 2119 viewsclive_baker

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 09:15 - Feb 20 by Bent_double

There should only be one 'free' manager change allowed per club, per season. Every subsequent change should come with a points deduction for the club, 5 points for example.

Maybe the transfer window should apply to managers.

Personally I don't have a problem with clubs changing their managers, if I was investing millions of my own money I would like to be able to decide who is in the hot seat.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:52 - Feb 20 with 2069 viewsBent_double

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:44 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

Maybe the transfer window should apply to managers.

Personally I don't have a problem with clubs changing their managers, if I was investing millions of my own money I would like to be able to decide who is in the hot seat.

I understand that, but it's farcical when a manager (and the team that goes with him) gets binned after a dozen games, then the next one comes along, then the next.

I've always disliked clubs like Chelsea and Watford for this reason, unfortunately of course it eventually works out, so now you've got 4 clubs in the Championship on their 3rd manager this season, how many more will be dragged into following suit?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:53 - Feb 20 with 2055 viewsBlueschev

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:17 - Feb 19 by Superblue95

They’re in free fall. Mad considering they were top for a while a few games in.

Can’t be many occasions when a team has gotten relegated after being top in the same season but they’re in real danger of it.

Edit: They were still top 16 games in!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 19:34]

Didn't we win our first 3 games in 94/95, or was that the previous season?
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 11:57 - Feb 20 with 1904 viewsBluedandy

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:53 - Feb 20 by Blueschev

That was the previous season when we beat Oldham three nil on the openig day thanks to Ian Marshall and his imperious mullet, followed by wins against Southampton and Chelsea before losing at Carrow Road.

When we did go down the next year via that embarrassingly painful spanking at Old Trafford we still won at Anfield for the first time in our history ... how very Ipswich.
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:00 - Feb 20 with 1887 viewsBlueschev

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 11:57 - Feb 20 by Bluedandy

That was the previous season when we beat Oldham three nil on the openig day thanks to Ian Marshall and his imperious mullet, followed by wins against Southampton and Chelsea before losing at Carrow Road.

When we did go down the next year via that embarrassingly painful spanking at Old Trafford we still won at Anfield for the first time in our history ... how very Ipswich.

That's it, thank you. I remember us beating Man U at home that season also. It was a terrible season, though a few of those 9 goals should never have counted.
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:03 - Feb 20 with 1875 viewsITFC_Forever

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 10:53 - Feb 20 by Blueschev

That was the previous season when we first signed Ian Marshall.

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:03 - Feb 20 with 1868 viewsBluedandy

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:00 - Feb 20 by Blueschev

That's it, thank you. I remember us beating Man U at home that season also. It was a terrible season, though a few of those 9 goals should never have counted.

Craig Forrest was man of the match at Old Trafford ...
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 1736 viewsJammyDodgerrr

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 20:35 - Feb 19 by Stu_boy

Could be a decent opportunity for Ainsworth

Looks like it will be him!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:59 - Feb 20 with 1587 viewsPinewoodblue

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:00 - Feb 20 by Blueschev

We did the double over Spurs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 13:56 - Feb 20 with 1441 viewspatrickswell

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:59 - Feb 20 by Pinewoodblue

Not in 94/95 we didn’t. They doubled us: 3-1 at Portman Road and 3-0 at White Hart Lane. Curiously, that was the only season out of the 3 90s Premier League seasons in which we lost any games to Tottenham.
QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 1154 viewsgainsboroughblue

QPR sack Critchley…. I wonder if McKenna will… on 12:59 - Feb 20 by Pinewoodblue

I think you're thinking of the 2001-02 relegation season. That win at WHL actually started a run of 7 wins in 8 games and I think a lot of us were convinced we'd be absolutely fine.

The next two games at home against Liverpool and Soton though, were utter horror shows and that set the trend for the rest of the season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024