Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories 13:41 - Jun 26 with 9681 viewsGeoffSentence

In many respects.

Here's another one. They could reject the pay review body recommendation for public sector pay, just like Rishi is considering

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/labour-does-not-rule-out-rejecting-public

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 14:13 - Jun 26 with 3374 viewsHerbivore

There's really no point in Labour in their current guise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 14:14 - Jun 26 with 3369 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

People need to stop voting for team blue and team red, it just encourages them.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 15:43 - Jun 26 with 3264 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 14:14 - Jun 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Indeed. It also means that people project onto Labour stuff that is patently nonsense in their current guise. Like the idea that they are in any shape or form a progressive alternative to the Tories.

Starmer’s Labour are centre-right on the economy and increasingly on social issues too. They’re as progressive as Cameron and likely Sunak. They won’t change anything just defend the status quo and those whose interests that serves.

Which when you consider the long-standing underlying issues affecting the UK re: low productivity, stagnant wages, expensive and/or insufficient housing, low tax and low investment, regional imbalances, age inequality, racial inequality, creaking health and education services, massive private and public debt that’s been racked up just to keep the economy moving along rather than to invest in or build anything. Now all that’s spiced up with Brexit costs, pandemic recovery, fuel costs, spiralling inflation that’s one of the worst among developed nations. And we still haven’t addressed any of the real global challenges like climate change, AI, automation, aging populations, the rise of the Global South etc. etc.

It’s really a mess and a massive failure of government. And we’re not given any other choice than see the two main parties continue to look out for their own interests and those of their backers. Interests that don’t have anything really to do with any of these issues apart from seeing them as opportunities for profit or assets to be protected rather than actual problems to be solved because they have a serious debilitating effect on millions of lives.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 16:16 - Jun 26 with 3196 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories”

On a daily basis…
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 16:36 - Jun 26 with 3113 viewsmutters

I've yet to see anything from them that would inspire me to vote for Labour this time around. I am hoping that once we get closer to the GE their policies will be more transparent.

At the moment it seems to be "Vote Labour, we are not the Tories".

Depressing lack of options at the ballot box at the moment

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 16:59 - Jun 26 with 3070 viewsgiant_stow

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 16:36 - Jun 26 by mutters

I've yet to see anything from them that would inspire me to vote for Labour this time around. I am hoping that once we get closer to the GE their policies will be more transparent.

At the moment it seems to be "Vote Labour, we are not the Tories".

Depressing lack of options at the ballot box at the moment

Not to debate the wider point, but they're at least thinking on the right lines with their land-buying reforms for councils etc... Personally, I think they should just nationlise all the big house-builders and be done with it, but not paying the Hope value or whatever it's called could be big.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:18 - Jun 26 with 3032 viewsJackNorthStand

Should be a clear labour win at the next GE - tories have done such an awful job. However, labour could mess this up if as you say they are aligned to the tories in many respects.
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:19 - Jun 26 with 3020 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 15:43 - Jun 26 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. It also means that people project onto Labour stuff that is patently nonsense in their current guise. Like the idea that they are in any shape or form a progressive alternative to the Tories.

Starmer’s Labour are centre-right on the economy and increasingly on social issues too. They’re as progressive as Cameron and likely Sunak. They won’t change anything just defend the status quo and those whose interests that serves.

Which when you consider the long-standing underlying issues affecting the UK re: low productivity, stagnant wages, expensive and/or insufficient housing, low tax and low investment, regional imbalances, age inequality, racial inequality, creaking health and education services, massive private and public debt that’s been racked up just to keep the economy moving along rather than to invest in or build anything. Now all that’s spiced up with Brexit costs, pandemic recovery, fuel costs, spiralling inflation that’s one of the worst among developed nations. And we still haven’t addressed any of the real global challenges like climate change, AI, automation, aging populations, the rise of the Global South etc. etc.

It’s really a mess and a massive failure of government. And we’re not given any other choice than see the two main parties continue to look out for their own interests and those of their backers. Interests that don’t have anything really to do with any of these issues apart from seeing them as opportunities for profit or assets to be protected rather than actual problems to be solved because they have a serious debilitating effect on millions of lives.

The first step towards a meaningful change might well be an active NOTA campaign this time around to push for a turn out of less than 50 %. The public need to show that our representatives do not represent us.

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:33 - Jun 26 with 2972 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:19 - Jun 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

The first step towards a meaningful change might well be an active NOTA campaign this time around to push for a turn out of less than 50 %. The public need to show that our representatives do not represent us.

Yeah that’ll show ‘em, I’m sure they’ll be crying into the gravy train!
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:36 - Jun 26 with 2947 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:33 - Jun 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah that’ll show ‘em, I’m sure they’ll be crying into the gravy train!

Well obviously action would become a little more direct at that point once their legitimacy was removed.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:39 - Jun 26 with 2928 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dear Positivity,
You are going to be either sorely disappointed or you have very low expectations.
Love, BDS x

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:43 - Jun 26 with 2913 viewsjontysnut

The only review body recommendations the government accepts without question is the one on MPs pay. " It's not us that's giving ourselves a pay rise, it's the independent pay review body and were only following their guidance".

I worked on pay review body stuff for years and it's a sham. "You can recommend anything you like as long as it's less than 2%, and if you do we'll ignore it"
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:46 - Jun 26 with 2909 viewspositivity

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:39 - Jun 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Dear Positivity,
You are going to be either sorely disappointed or you have very low expectations.
Love, BDS x

a pessimist is never disappointed!

i expect labour in power to be a lot better than the tories and a lot worse than perfect, whether they're led by starmer or corbyn or anyone.

if you expect a below 50% voter turnout to inspire revolution you're going to be sorely disappointed and your level of expectation wont make a blind bit of difference.

vote often and vote wisely, or enable the right-wingers. fascists always turn out to vote, then they deny others the opportunity.

love, pos xx

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:50 - Jun 26 with 2890 viewschicoazul

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:18 - Jun 26 by JackNorthStand

Should be a clear labour win at the next GE - tories have done such an awful job. However, labour could mess this up if as you say they are aligned to the tories in many respects.

Yes, in that they both pursue anti British, Marxist policies of egalitarianism destroying the family dissolving borders and crushing religion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 18:04 - Jun 26 with 2860 viewsDJR

I think the Labour tactic is to criticise the Tories but obfuscate and so not make it clear that there is only a cigarette paper between them on many issues.

Take today, where Rachel Reeves is criticising the Tory mortgage agreement with the banks because it is not mandatory, leaving aside the fact that Labour's five point plan last week proposed a 6 month moratorium as opposed to the 12 month moratorium in the Tory agreement.
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 18:21 - Jun 26 with 2786 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:50 - Jun 26 by chicoazul

Yes, in that they both pursue anti British, Marxist policies of egalitarianism destroying the family dissolving borders and crushing religion.

🎣 should get a few. A little TOO obvious though so I’m gonna give you 6/10.
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 19:12 - Jun 26 with 2725 viewsHerbivore

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 17:50 - Jun 26 by chicoazul

Lolz.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 09:11 - Jun 27 with 2535 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 16:16 - Jun 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories”

On a daily basis…

It’s the daily acceptance of it that is the real problem.

It’s difficult to imagine how much emptier and more self-serving our politics could be. People complain about the populist right but they’ve been fully enabled by the valueless void that is British “centrism”.

Shambolic and shameful in equal measure.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 09:33 - Jun 27 with 2514 viewsBlueschev

I didn't know Peter Hitchens posted on here.
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 10:52 - Jun 27 with 2426 viewsPinewoodblue

Let’s wait and see how the upcoming by-elections pan out.

Wonder how Labour would react to a LibDem surge?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 10:54 - Jun 27 with 2421 viewsleitrimblue

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 14:14 - Jun 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Come on Banksy, you know full well that if the red team get in everything is gonna be peachy.
Though you really have to worry about a political party that's watched the absolute Sh1te show that is the Tories of the last few years and thought I know what, we should try an be more like them
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:33 - Jun 27 with 2358 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 09:11 - Jun 27 by Darth_Koont

It’s the daily acceptance of it that is the real problem.

It’s difficult to imagine how much emptier and more self-serving our politics could be. People complain about the populist right but they’ve been fully enabled by the valueless void that is British “centrism”.

Shambolic and shameful in equal measure.

And down-voted by a poster called positivity who doesn’t know his left from his right.

Don’t get me wrong, I can understand your zombie politics. If you ignore the underlying and unaddressed problems then there’s really no need for solutions or alternatives. Smart.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:50 - Jun 27 with 2305 viewspositivity

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:33 - Jun 27 by Darth_Koont

And down-voted by a poster called positivity who doesn’t know his left from his right.

Don’t get me wrong, I can understand your zombie politics. If you ignore the underlying and unaddressed problems then there’s really no need for solutions or alternatives. Smart.

i'll downvote posters who automatically post tiresome negativity to every credible alternative to the current government who are destroying our nhs, our public health, our environment. that's been you incessantly since corbyn stepped down. from your posting history you seem to have far more hate towards centre-left, centre etc far more than you hate the right. that's a dangerous position to be in

those who are more thoughtful and pragmatic and insightful (djr being an example that springs to mind), i'm always happy to listen to, even if i don't always agree

i expect labour in power to be a lot better than the tories and a lot worse than perfect, whether they're led by starmer or corbyn or anyone.

vote often and vote wisely, or enable the right-wingers. fascists always turn out to vote, then they deny others the opportunity.

love, pos xx

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:52 - Jun 27 with 2291 viewsHerbivore

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:50 - Jun 27 by positivity

i'll downvote posters who automatically post tiresome negativity to every credible alternative to the current government who are destroying our nhs, our public health, our environment. that's been you incessantly since corbyn stepped down. from your posting history you seem to have far more hate towards centre-left, centre etc far more than you hate the right. that's a dangerous position to be in

those who are more thoughtful and pragmatic and insightful (djr being an example that springs to mind), i'm always happy to listen to, even if i don't always agree

love, pos xx

A vote for Labour at this point also looks like a vote for right wingers though.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:57 - Jun 27 with 2261 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Labour do seem quite close to the Tories on 11:50 - Jun 27 by positivity

love, pos xx

What’s pragmatic about voting for an “alternative” that offers no actual alternatives? And for another dodgy leader that has lied as much as Johnson but with a nasty authoritarian streak thrown in?

What real-world problems do you think you’re addressing here? It’s just endless empty platitudes with zero sense of responsibility.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024