Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The police are useless 10:27 - Jul 27 with 5003 viewschicoazul

How much longer must we put up with this hopeless lazy corrupt organisation run by weak stupid people?

Co-op warns rising crime could create 'no-go' areas for shops https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66323140

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The police are useless on 10:38 - Jul 27 with 3406 viewsredrickstuhaart

How much longer must we put up with human beings being asked to do an incredibly difficult and often dangerous job without the necessary resources?
The police are useless on 11:01 - Jul 27 with 3345 viewsMattinLondon

The police are useless on 10:38 - Jul 27 by redrickstuhaart

How much longer must we put up with human beings being asked to do an incredibly difficult and often dangerous job without the necessary resources?

The police are not perfect by any stretch but it seems to be fashionable by edgy types to knock them at every opportunity. Police funding being slashed, poverty and people that just don’t care all contribute towards no-go areas.

If there was the desire to make deprived communities better with better communication and better opportunities then society will become better. But there isn’t really, just sound bites that demonise poverty.

To carpet bomb the police like how the OP did is just stupid.
The police are useless on 11:04 - Jul 27 with 3323 viewsChurchman

The police are useless on 10:38 - Jul 27 by redrickstuhaart

They are not useless. I wouldn’t want their job. Attached is a link to police numbers

https://www.statista.com/statistics/303973/police-officer-figures-england-and-wa

The table shows the impact of cuts. Add in lack of support by the courts, public and politicians (tory policy is that serious crime is not a priority) plus the increase in all crimes along with new ones like cyber crime and we are where we are. We have less police per capita than any comparable European nation.

https://www.policeprofessional.com/news/england-and-wales-have-fewer-police-offi

The police are not perfect and neither is their organisation but these people deserve everyone’s support. Their job is dangerous, hard and often with antisocial hours. To start with they need a lot more resources.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 11:05]
The police are useless on 11:08 - Jul 27 with 3301 viewsredrickstuhaart

The police are useless on 11:04 - Jul 27 by Churchman

They are not useless. I wouldn’t want their job. Attached is a link to police numbers

https://www.statista.com/statistics/303973/police-officer-figures-england-and-wa

The table shows the impact of cuts. Add in lack of support by the courts, public and politicians (tory policy is that serious crime is not a priority) plus the increase in all crimes along with new ones like cyber crime and we are where we are. We have less police per capita than any comparable European nation.

https://www.policeprofessional.com/news/england-and-wales-have-fewer-police-offi

The police are not perfect and neither is their organisation but these people deserve everyone’s support. Their job is dangerous, hard and often with antisocial hours. To start with they need a lot more resources.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 11:05]

There is no lack of support from Courts. However, Courts are similarly hamstrung by cuts and poor reform.
The police are useless on 11:10 - Jul 27 with 3285 viewsChurchman

The police are useless on 11:08 - Jul 27 by redrickstuhaart

There is no lack of support from Courts. However, Courts are similarly hamstrung by cuts and poor reform.

Fair comment. Lazy on my part. Apologies.
The police are useless on 11:20 - Jul 27 with 3245 viewsNthQldITFC

The police are useless on 11:01 - Jul 27 by MattinLondon

The police are not perfect by any stretch but it seems to be fashionable by edgy types to knock them at every opportunity. Police funding being slashed, poverty and people that just don’t care all contribute towards no-go areas.

If there was the desire to make deprived communities better with better communication and better opportunities then society will become better. But there isn’t really, just sound bites that demonise poverty.

It would make sense to privatise the police forces, deploy them around gated communities and Harvey Nicks, and let the plebs fight it out to the death amongst themselves.

Redeploy the Fraud Squad to assassinate protesters, and give the CID access to a summary of every individual's net worth so they can discard the correct crime sheets without having the bother of any interviews to carry out.

The trouble is, Rishi, that many of them still have that funny thing they call a conscience.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 11:20]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The police are useless on 11:22 - Jul 27 with 3217 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 11:01 - Jul 27 by MattinLondon

They’re completely useless. They don’t solve something like 90%+ of crimes. They don’t respond to what they see as petty crime, per the link and per what many people find when they are burgled or beaten up or have their car nicked. Any other public body failing so consistently and completely would be shut and replaced.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The police are useless on 11:24 - Jul 27 with 3201 viewsMattinLondon

The police are useless on 11:20 - Jul 27 by NthQldITFC

It would make sense to privatise the police forces, deploy them around gated communities and Harvey Nicks, and let the plebs fight it out to the death amongst themselves.

Redeploy the Fraud Squad to assassinate protesters, and give the CID access to a summary of every individual's net worth so they can discard the correct crime sheets without having the bother of any interviews to carry out.

The trouble is, Rishi, that many of them still have that funny thing they call a conscience.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 11:20]

I think that your first paragraph would make many Tories in Parliament really excited. Has the basic premise for some dystopian novel.
Login to get fewer ads

The police are useless on 11:29 - Jul 27 with 3180 viewsleitrimblue

The police are useless on 11:22 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

They’re completely useless. They don’t solve something like 90%+ of crimes. They don’t respond to what they see as petty crime, per the link and per what many people find when they are burgled or beaten up or have their car nicked. Any other public body failing so consistently and completely would be shut and replaced.

There is very little point doubting their uselessness. The problem is who the feck would you replace them with? It's a sh1te job for probably sh1te pay. That's half the reason it attracts the kinda morons it does
The police are useless on 11:29 - Jul 27 with 3177 viewsMattinLondon

No one is saying that the police are perfect. No one is saying that there needs to be much more accountability for them. But falling numbers and funding being slashed all contributes to crimes being unsolved or them taking an age to respond.

They don’t help themselves - having a legion of them running beside the Prime Ministers car for protection or during lockdown tens and tens of them evicting squatters from rich previously empty properties do them no favours.

But your tabloid style accusations belong in the Daily Mail.
The police are useless on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 3122 viewsredrickstuhaart

Have you considered why this might be?

They spend half their time dealing with mental illness because those services are so inadequate. They do not have the resources to deal with everything and have no choice but to prioritise.
The police are useless on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 3116 viewsPippin1970

Cost of living has had huge impact on people. Food banks at all times high or bills through the roof. It will become the new norm soon as people need to eat or be clothed etc.
The police are useless on 12:57 - Jul 27 with 2958 viewsBlueBadger

I thought a libertarian anti-authoritarian such as your good self was all in favour of hands-off policing?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The police are useless on 13:09 - Jul 27 with 2929 viewsbrazil1982

This is another angle of organised and gang crime and is relatively easy to perform. What is getting taken is for re-sale to others.

My Father grew up during rationing and lived in a very poor household, as did my Mother - neither stole from shops, there is no excuse for this criminal behaviour.
The police are useless on 15:43 - Jul 27 with 2790 viewsBlueBadger

The police are useless on 13:09 - Jul 27 by brazil1982

This is another angle of organised and gang crime and is relatively easy to perform. What is getting taken is for re-sale to others.

My Father grew up during rationing and lived in a very poor household, as did my Mother - neither stole from shops, there is no excuse for this criminal behaviour.

OK Boomer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The police are useless on 16:42 - Jul 27 with 2702 viewsNumber22

Understaffed, under funded, under protected and too many people out to get them. Yes there is the odd dodgy person, there is in every job, but I know plenty of good, honest and amazing Police Officers who would risk their lives in an instant to protect the community.
The police are useless on 16:44 - Jul 27 with 2694 viewsNumber22

Also, if you'd like to make a difference, volunteer as a Special Constable for 16hrs a month. I'd assume you'd be enlightened on how stretched they are.
The police are useless on 16:55 - Jul 27 with 2676 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"shut and replaced" aka privatised ... the ultimate aim of this colour government's defunding.

In my own experiences, the police have always been very good and done exactly what you say above they never do. That's not to say, those problems do not exist in areas where resources are truly stretched. MIL sums it up fairly well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The police are useless on 17:03 - Jul 27 with 2650 viewsHARRY10

Rightie whinges about rightie policies

Your lot cut the number of police, ur the prison and probabtion budgets as well

So you sow......
The police are useless on 19:25 - Jul 27 with 2574 viewsNutkins_Return

But they arent completely useless. As has already been stated they are dramatically understaffed and under resourced. They are also bogged down with admin around everything they have to do to ensure maximum arse coverage.

Hate this sort of lazy statement. There are some really hard working folk in the police. Also some baduns like any large organisation.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 18:17]
The police are useless on 19:31 - Jul 27 with 2564 viewsnoggin

Your parents probably adored the Royal Family too, while struggling to put food on the table.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The police are useless on 21:20 - Jul 27 with 2436 viewsHARRY10

Whereas legalised robbery' is OK.

Did Britisg Gas become more efficient, or just had consumers over a barrel ? Was it OK for friends of the Tory party to plunder millions selling shoddy (actually unusable) PPE ? Petrol companies to keep their prices aroud 9p alitre dearer than what they need to be ?

The water comoanies who have asset stripped their companies, paid unearned bonuses and dividends now expext customers to pay for the much needed repais those companies have failed to carry out for years ? Where did the money come from for the supermarkets to announce record profits. If as they say, the cost of raw materials has gone up then where do thos profits come from ?

To be honest I am surprised there has not been a bigger revolt against this incompetence and 'theft'. I suspect a Danish girl I knew some while back was near the mark when she talked of the English still having a feudal mentality.

How did the saying go

"The law locks up the man or woman
Who steals the goose off the common
But leaves the greater villain loose
Who steals the common from the goose.

The law demands that we atone
When we take things we do not own
But leaves the lords and ladies fine
Who takes things that are yours and mine.

The poor and wretched don’t escape
If they conspire the law to break;
This must be so but they endure
Those who conspire to make the law.

The law locks up the man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the common
And geese will still a common lack
Till they go and steal it back."

That was written about the Enclosures act. I suspect there were similar cap doffers back then, who also bleated out 'them's our betters'.
The police are useless on 22:32 - Jul 27 with 2368 viewsJuggsy

The police are useless on 11:40 - Jul 27 by Pippin1970

Cost of living has had huge impact on people. Food banks at all times high or bills through the roof. It will become the new norm soon as people need to eat or be clothed etc.

Social media has transformed the human race into something unrecognisable in under a generation. All to easy to mass congregate, spread misinformation, become offended, cancel history, stage protests that turns too often into riots. We're evolving and not for the better and the feckless, baying mob will inherit the earth.
The police are useless on 05:07 - Jul 28 with 2273 viewsnoggin

The police are useless on 22:32 - Jul 27 by Juggsy

Social media has transformed the human race into something unrecognisable in under a generation. All to easy to mass congregate, spread misinformation, become offended, cancel history, stage protests that turns too often into riots. We're evolving and not for the better and the feckless, baying mob will inherit the earth.

All too easy to stage protests? Maybe you should consider moving to North Korea.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 6:31]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The police are useless on 10:56 - Jul 28 with 2114 viewsGeoffSentence

Replaced with what?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024