Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? 22:12 - Aug 29 with 823 viewsRadlett_blue

i.e. any part of the ball can be touching the penalty spot?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 23:59 - Aug 29 with 705 viewsronnyd

Seems a case now as just overhanging the spot and not 'on the spot'.
Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 10:40 - Aug 30 with 554 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes same as it always has been. The entire ball has to be over the line (or spot) to be out.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 10:41 - Aug 30 with 546 viewsGeoffSentence

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 10:40 - Aug 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Yes same as it always has been. The entire ball has to be over the line (or spot) to be out.

It's amazing how many people dont understand that, including the players.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 10:59 - Aug 30 with 516 viewsCityBlue

no longer a penalty spot but rather a penalty circle. Ball can be in contact with any art of the line, although the Laws of the Game still refer to it as a penalty mark.

I T I D

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 502 views_clive_baker_

I think Reading's approach to them wasn't dissimilar to corners, certainly got some decent height and whip on them.
Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 501 viewsWickets

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 10:59 - Aug 30 by CityBlue

no longer a penalty spot but rather a penalty circle. Ball can be in contact with any art of the line, although the Laws of the Game still refer to it as a penalty mark.

Yes as you say always has been but the term spot kick or on the spot can be confusing . Quite a lot of non league Ref's do not seem to understand this either .
Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 11:04 - Aug 30 with 492 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 11:01 - Aug 30 by _clive_baker_

I think Reading's approach to them wasn't dissimilar to corners, certainly got some decent height and whip on them.

You can get 3pts for those efforts!
Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 11:10 - Aug 30 with 480 viewsSharkey

Is the law on penalty kicks now the same as corners? on 10:41 - Aug 30 by GeoffSentence

It's amazing how many people dont understand that, including the players.

I think some of the confusion is caused by the fact that the quarter-circles by the corner flags are clearly big enough to fit the ball inside. Why are they so big? (And if anything, they're getting bigger.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024