Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch 10:23 - Sep 1 with 2522 viewsblueasfook

Errr... no thanks. Desperate for guests this week?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 2443 viewsThe_Major

Bit harsh, played 103 games for us, 7 for them.

If that's the criteria, they should also rule out having Clive Woods, David Wright or Joe Royle on as well then?
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:35 - Sep 1 with 2395 viewsFifeITFC

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:31 - Sep 1 by The_Major

Bit harsh, played 103 games for us, 7 for them.

If that's the criteria, they should also rule out having Clive Woods, David Wright or Joe Royle on as well then?

Trevor Putney, John Deehan, even Brandon Williams then too.

Idiotic. Lee was a legend for us and as they would say if it was the other way round, he was "Agent Lee" getting them relegated in the few games he played.

He's offered a lot more for us as a player and as a coach.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:38 - Sep 1 with 2360 viewsNthQldITFC

This idiotic post doesn't need any comment really.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I was sitting outside Starbucks… on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 2353 viewsBloots

….on West End Road, about 5 years ago, and Alan Lee came outside did a massive fart and went back in.

I nearly spat out my skinny latte.

True story.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 2334 viewsThe_Major

Not forgetting Keith Bertschin and Clive Baker.

If Manchester United fans can still venerate Denis Law despite signing for City and scoring the goal that relegated United, I think we can forgive Alan Lee for a brief spell up the road.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 2330 viewsFifeITFC

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:38 - Sep 1 by NthQldITFC

This idiotic post doesn't need any comment really.

The word "blue" needs changing to "dumb", I suspect.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

I was sitting outside Starbucks… on 10:43 - Sep 1 with 2316 viewsNthQldITFC

I was sitting outside Starbucks… on 10:41 - Sep 1 by Bloots

….on West End Road, about 5 years ago, and Alan Lee came outside did a massive fart and went back in.

True story.

When I first read that, I genuinely transposed 'out' and 'in' in my brain somehow. I love fart gags etc. I refuse to grow up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yeah, it would have been funnier… on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 2280 viewsBloots

I was sitting outside Starbucks… on 10:43 - Sep 1 by NthQldITFC

When I first read that, I genuinely transposed 'out' and 'in' in my brain somehow. I love fart gags etc. I refuse to grow up.

….if he came in, shouted “up yours suckers!”, dropped a huge grunt and then legged it.

But I didn’t want to embellish the hard truth.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Login to get fewer ads

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:48 - Sep 1 with 2254 views_clive_baker_

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:41 - Sep 1 by The_Major

If Manchester United fans can still venerate Denis Law despite signing for City and scoring the goal that relegated United, I think we can forgive Alan Lee for a brief spell up the road.

Less of that please.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 2019 viewsVaughan8

I'm guessing this is a joke but to be fair, he did apologise for joining them later on.

We do have to have some sort of understanding that its just a job for these guys and he wasn't playing at Palace at the time.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:07 - Sep 1 with 1997 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 10:41 - Sep 1 by The_Major

Denis Law did not score the goal that relegated United.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:14 - Sep 1 with 1958 viewsMach_foreignBlue

That 'scummer' who openly said how badly club was run by Evans? To make all those melts aware, those who had been defending and adoring Evans throughout the years.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 12:14]
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:21 - Sep 1 with 1884 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:14 - Sep 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

That 'scummer' who openly said how badly club was run by Evans? To make all those melts aware, those who had been defending and adoring Evans throughout the years.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 12:14]

There are a few who still do, mostly elderly supporters, who still view dear old Marcus as an almost Cobbold like figure which I find very weird. While Evans wasn't Oyston level malicious, he was just totally inept at running a football club, and wasn't good at appointing directors or football managers who could do so for him, with the only two that came close to being decent being Mick and Milne.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:29 - Sep 1 with 1826 viewsThe_Major

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:07 - Sep 1 by GlasgowBlue

Did he not? I stand corrected.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:33 - Sep 1 with 1807 viewsChurchman

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:07 - Sep 1 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed he didn’t. United were relegated regardless thanks to other results. But Denis didn’t know that at the time, hence the look on his face.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:35 - Sep 1 with 1798 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:29 - Sep 1 by The_Major

Did he not? I stand corrected.

United needed to win against City. A draw was not good enough to stay up so they were relegated regardless of Denis Law's goal.

On a side note, I was on holiday as a young boy in what was West Germany in 1974. My parents German friends we were staying with got us access to Scotland training session just before friendly again the Germans. Denis Law had obviously pissed off th manager, Willie Ormond, and had ben made to run around the track 4 times on his own. I ran with him for the first lap.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 13:31 - Sep 1 with 1620 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 12:21 - Sep 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

There are a few who still do, mostly elderly supporters, who still view dear old Marcus as an almost Cobbold like figure which I find very weird. While Evans wasn't Oyston level malicious, he was just totally inept at running a football club, and wasn't good at appointing directors or football managers who could do so for him, with the only two that came close to being decent being Mick and Milne.

What was decent in Milne? Same puppet and yes man like Clegg and O'Neill.

What was also decent in mccarthy? This disgusting man loved pissing Town fans off and making derogatory comments about us.......he didn't care at all about the club. It was all about his annual 1m from Evans on his bank account. A hysteric and self-obsessed narcissist.

And Evans was an Oyston level. The difference is that Blackpool fans had balls to voice their anger. Ipswich fans about Evans? Clap clap clap Marcus, you ain't a bad one.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 13:33]
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 13:39 - Sep 1 with 1571 viewsSouperJim

I've met Alan Lee, fantastic guy who has genuine love for this club and us supporters.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I was sitting outside Starbucks… on 14:48 - Sep 1 with 1403 viewsGeoffSentence

I was sitting outside Starbucks… on 10:41 - Sep 1 by Bloots

True story.

Which goes to show what a decent man he is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 14:53 - Sep 1 with 1392 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 13:31 - Sep 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

What was decent in Milne? Same puppet and yes man like Clegg and O'Neill.

What was also decent in mccarthy? This disgusting man loved pissing Town fans off and making derogatory comments about us.......he didn't care at all about the club. It was all about his annual 1m from Evans on his bank account. A hysteric and self-obsessed narcissist.

And Evans was an Oyston level. The difference is that Blackpool fans had balls to voice their anger. Ipswich fans about Evans? Clap clap clap Marcus, you ain't a bad one.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 13:33]

Milne was better than Clegg and O'Neil in my opinion. I am no fan of Evans, do not get me wrong, but none of his actions were done out of any malicious intent, he just wasn't very good at running the club.

Mick McCarthy on balance was a good manager for us, who managed to get blood from a stone and keep a club up that should have frankly sank like a stone. The fact we only finished in the bottom half once in a full season under his management is actually incredible given the budget we had. Did it end well? No. But the supporter anger you say wasn't aimed at Evans, was largely aimed at Mick and he reacted terribly to it, I agree, but that doesn't make him as bad a manager as some seem to try and make him into.
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 14:56 - Sep 1 with 1388 viewsblueasfook

Ok ok, i deserve the downie votes for that. I just seem to remember him being negative about Town when he went to the budgies and bad mouthing us. Maybe I am mistaken, and that didn't happen.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 15:06 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsTractorCam

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 14:56 - Sep 1 by blueasfook

Ok ok, i deserve the downie votes for that. I just seem to remember him being negative about Town when he went to the budgies and bad mouthing us. Maybe I am mistaken, and that didn't happen.

Don't think it was that bad but I do remember him in the press before our match, trying to win over the fans I suspect as they were desperately trying to stay up. Almost like a Lambert for them.

Ultimately they got relegated, he came back to do coaching here and now does great work at Bury Town.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 15:11 - Sep 1 with 1311 viewsChurchman

Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 14:53 - Sep 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Milne was better than Clegg and O'Neil in my opinion. I am no fan of Evans, do not get me wrong, but none of his actions were done out of any malicious intent, he just wasn't very good at running the club.

Mick McCarthy on balance was a good manager for us, who managed to get blood from a stone and keep a club up that should have frankly sank like a stone. The fact we only finished in the bottom half once in a full season under his management is actually incredible given the budget we had. Did it end well? No. But the supporter anger you say wasn't aimed at Evans, was largely aimed at Mick and he reacted terribly to it, I agree, but that doesn't make him as bad a manager as some seem to try and make him into.

O’Neill can be left out of this. The bloke was running around doing everything after Evans stripped the club out. He’d have had a broom up his ar$e to sweep the floor had Evans not flogged the broom.

Milne and Clegg? That’s like comparing white dog dirt from the 1970s to the current stuff. Might look different but it’s all sh&£.

Evans? Don’t start me on that toerag. On his watch the club nearly died. He wasn’t interested.

As for the Alan Lee interview, I quite enjoyed it. He’s not a scummer. He’s just a pro who liked living in East Anglia and who can blame him for that?

His favourite playing partner at ITFC was Counago. I’m not surprised. Pablo was one heck of a footballer and looking back I’m a little surprised he didn’t go on to have a better career than he did.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 15:13]
Scummer Alan Lee on Life's a Pitch on 15:20 - Sep 1 with 1280 viewsDaninthecampo

He was good for us!
This reminded me of the last time i saw him was at an EACH charity event at Dunston Hall, Alan Lee kept buying shots for me and my friend, himself obviously, Russell Osman and randomly Duncan Goodhew! A fun night
This helped we console myself having spent about £500 for 2 tickets for what became the wally with the brolly game against Croatia!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024