Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beckham documentary on 'Flix 12:07 - Oct 5 with 2031 viewsblueasfook

Watched the first two episodes of this last night. Good documentary. Was particularly interesting to hear his feelings about how he was villified after his WC sending off against Argentina. Something he still beats himself up about to this day. Was pretty bad at the time as I recall, and I cant remember any other England player getting so much vitriol for making a mistake. I don't remember personally being angry at Beckham. His little kick out at Simeone was petulant but I remember thinking more the ref's decision to send him off was OTT. They showed some studio footage from the game with the pundits of the day, and interestingly the only pundit to stick up for him was Ally McCoist!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 12:09]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:13 - Oct 5 with 1992 viewsIllinoisblue

I could quickly find about 37 shows on Netflix I’d rather watch than hear about David “ya know” Beckham.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:14 - Oct 5 with 1984 viewsLeoMuff

A truly ridiculous sending off, yellow card at worst. I think a lot of the vitriol was that we actually looked decent and get go somewhere in that tournament, only for Argentina to do a number on us and con the ref

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:21 - Oct 5 with 1959 viewsblueasfook

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:14 - Oct 5 by LeoMuff

A truly ridiculous sending off, yellow card at worst. I think a lot of the vitriol was that we actually looked decent and get go somewhere in that tournament, only for Argentina to do a number on us and con the ref

Simeone himself spoke in the program and basically admitted it was complete sh1thousery on his part yeah. He made a thing of it to get Beckham sent off. Argentina were worried and he admitted he went in on Beckham to see if he could provoke a response from him.

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:24 - Oct 5 with 1954 viewsblueasfook

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:13 - Oct 5 by Illinoisblue

I could quickly find about 37 shows on Netflix I’d rather watch than hear about David “ya know” Beckham.

I like Beckham. He's been a good ambassador for the game and other than his bad day at the office against the Argies, he was immense for England. Who can forget his great free kick against Greece to take us to the 2002 World Cup.

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:33 - Oct 5 with 1911 viewsdavblue

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:24 - Oct 5 by blueasfook

I like Beckham. He's been a good ambassador for the game and other than his bad day at the office against the Argies, he was immense for England. Who can forget his great free kick against Greece to take us to the 2002 World Cup.

i don't mind him but it's all so manufactured with the end goal of him becoming a sir.

Im not convinced he's done a lot of the good things he's done for the greater good, more so he could become a sir.
Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:35 - Oct 5 with 1896 viewsblueasfook

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:33 - Oct 5 by davblue

i don't mind him but it's all so manufactured with the end goal of him becoming a sir.

Im not convinced he's done a lot of the good things he's done for the greater good, more so he could become a sir.

Watch the doc, might change your mind about him. I don't think he is particularly obsessed with getting a knighthood. Just some fantasy story made up by the press.

He was a great ambassador for... on 12:36 - Oct 5 with 1891 viewsBloots

...Qatar.

$20m a year for 10 years.

All for the love of the game obviously.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:36 - Oct 5 with 1893 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s almost as dull as Michael Owen. Great at football but I have zero interest in anything he has to say.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

He was a great ambassador for... on 12:37 - Oct 5 with 1889 viewsblueasfook

He was a great ambassador for... on 12:36 - Oct 5 by Bloots

...Qatar.

Yes money is more his motivation than getting a gong, for sure! He admits in the program, he likes having money.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 12:39]

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:39 - Oct 5 with 1881 viewsblueasfook

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:36 - Oct 5 by Illinoisblue

He’s almost as dull as Michael Owen. Great at football but I have zero interest in anything he has to say.

Show me on this dolly where David Beckham touched you.

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:51 - Oct 5 with 1848 viewsKeno

Ok now I know this isnt a popular view but I do quite like Victoria

there I have said it

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:53 - Oct 5 with 1842 viewsblueasfook

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:51 - Oct 5 by Keno

Ok now I know this isnt a popular view but I do quite like Victoria

there I have said it

Weirdo. She wasn't even the fittest Spice Girl. Emma was the best.

He was a great ambassador for... on 12:59 - Oct 5 with 1823 viewsLankHenners

He was a great ambassador for... on 12:36 - Oct 5 by Bloots

...Qatar.

It's fine, he said he spoke to LGBT people out there and they weren't worried about any of the human rights violations imposed on them and were actually happy to be there.

Runs contrary to every other bit of reporting done on the matter but 'Becks' has said it so it must be true.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

He was a great ambassador for... on 13:02 - Oct 5 with 1804 viewsblueasfook

He was a great ambassador for... on 12:59 - Oct 5 by LankHenners

It's fine, he said he spoke to LGBT people out there and they weren't worried about any of the human rights violations imposed on them and were actually happy to be there.

Runs contrary to every other bit of reporting done on the matter but 'Becks' has said it so it must be true.

St Gary Lineker went out there too. I don't see people piling into him for it. But then he virtue signals a lot on Twitter so it's fine.

He was a great ambassador for... on 13:06 - Oct 5 with 1779 viewsLankHenners

He was a great ambassador for... on 13:02 - Oct 5 by blueasfook

St Gary Lineker went out there too. I don't see people piling into him for it. But then he virtue signals a lot on Twitter so it's fine.

He did get stick for going as did other presenters who went. The difference is he wasn't paid by the Qatari state to be there and was able to hold a level of objectivity on things.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

He was a great ambassador for... on 13:08 - Oct 5 with 1755 viewsBlueBadger

He was a great ambassador for... on 13:02 - Oct 5 by blueasfook

'Paz tribute act' was 2 years ago's Banter Lad trend. All the cool kids are posting 'I have some concerns about Kieron Mckenna' nowadays.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 13:10 - Oct 5 with 1747 viewsIllinoisblue

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 12:39 - Oct 5 by blueasfook

Show me on this dolly where David Beckham touched you.

Only after you take down the Beckham posters off your bedroom wall.

62 - 78 - 81

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 13:39 - Oct 5 with 1690 viewsKeno

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 13:10 - Oct 5 by Illinoisblue

Only after you take down the Beckham posters off your bedroom wall.

he cant, they are stuck up there

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Beckham documentary on 'Flix on 17:20 - Oct 5 with 1567 viewsRadlett_blue

I've just seen that Ryan Giggs is coming to Radlett in March as his theatre tour is now back on, with him having been found "not guilty" to all charges. While he remains Man U's most decorated player, I wonder if the hero worship has been toned down slightly.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024