Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night - further brief thoughts 07:13 - Oct 26 with 2411 viewsDubtractor

Despite the nerve wracking last 20 minutes or so, overall we did enough to win the game comfortably. All of the decent chances were created by us, and on another night that would have been a comfortable 2 or 3 nil. And that's with us being a fair way from our best.

That post/goal line scramble from them was obviously horrible, but I'm struggling to think of anything else of note they created in the second half despite all the possession they had.

Looking at the table, Bristol have only scored 15 and let in 14, and you can see why from last night. They were a really tough team to play against, not letting us settle at all, and with a really organised high press. But for all that work off the ball they created almost no chances all night - a few shots from outside the box, a lot of hopeful crosses, and that scramble that had us all soiling ourselves.

Despite that critique of the Bristol attack, it's worth noting that we've now only conceded 2 goals in 6 away games. That's a remarkable statistic, and despite Burns suggesting that we don't set up differently away from home it is clear that we play far more compact and make it very difficult for teams to play through us.

COYB!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 8:04]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:28 - Oct 26 with 2322 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Phew, for a minute I thought I was about to read about what you wear in bed!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:35 - Oct 26 with 2267 viewswkj

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:28 - Oct 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Phew, for a minute I thought I was about to read about what you wear in bed!!

Im a little disappointed it isn't about what dubbers wears in bed

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:38 - Oct 26 with 2249 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:35 - Oct 26 by wkj

Looking at the detail it appears it may have involved skid marks.

Edit.....fairly sure the answer will be "just a beard!"
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 7:39]

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:39 - Oct 26 with 2227 viewsDubtractor

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:35 - Oct 26 by wkj

Ha. I feel in need to satisfy this interest in my bedtime fashion sense.

Boxers. T-Shirt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:40 - Oct 26 with 2220 viewswkj

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:38 - Oct 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Looking at the detail it appears it may have involved skid marks.

Edit.....fairly sure the answer will be "just a beard!"
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 7:39]

Clearly spent too much time wiping his bottom with legacy media instead of the double quilted tabloids.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 7:42]

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:41 - Oct 26 with 2214 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:39 - Oct 26 by Dubtractor

Ha. I feel in need to satisfy this interest in my bedtime fashion sense.

Boxers. T-Shirt.

You should have gone with my answer....let wkj dream a little.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:42 - Oct 26 with 2202 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:40 - Oct 26 by wkj

Clearly spent too much time wiping his bottom with legacy media instead of the double quilted tabloids.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 7:42]

His commitment to reusing and recycling is the stuff of legend.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:43 - Oct 26 with 2196 viewswkj

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:42 - Oct 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

His commitment to reusing and recycling is the stuff of legend.

I can dig it, my undercrackers are made out of bamboo and when I put them on every morning it's like a hug from the hands of angels

Login to get fewer ads

Last night - further brief thoughts on 08:03 - Oct 26 with 2120 viewsHerbivore

Very much agree with your thoughts, Dubbers. It was a bit like a couple of our other away games where we had to ride out a tricky start (albeit only about 5-10 mins this time) before controlling the next 60 minutes, creating enough chances to put the game to bed, and then having a nervy end. They were very compact and organised and always had a man deep in the full back positions making it hard for Jackson and Davis to get in behind as they often do in games but we adapted well to create in other ways. Our away performances have been excellent so far, just need to find ways to be a touch more clinical as we look capable of putting these games to bed but aren't quite managing it. That's quibbling though, the start has been incredible and we won last night deservedly despite not being quite at our best. Good times. And I'm a boxers only guy at night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last night - further brief thoughts on 08:41 - Oct 26 with 2016 viewsdavblue

Tough game, thought it was a decent away performance, not at our best, didn’t use the ball well on the counter attack last night in the 2nd half particularly.

I thought Scarlett was dreadful when he came on, not just in terms of his performance but his pressing, I didn’t think he put any effort into it. Morsy running beyond him to press their defenders in the 90th minute whilst he stood there was very telling.

I would imagine he may have had some words spoken to him as Harness was calling him out for his lack of pressing and I’m sure Morsy would have had a word too.
Last night - further brief thoughts on 09:07 - Oct 26 with 1936 viewsStadiumofdark

Last night - further brief thoughts on 08:41 - Oct 26 by davblue

Tough game, thought it was a decent away performance, not at our best, didn’t use the ball well on the counter attack last night in the 2nd half particularly.

I thought Scarlett was dreadful when he came on, not just in terms of his performance but his pressing, I didn’t think he put any effort into it. Morsy running beyond him to press their defenders in the 90th minute whilst he stood there was very telling.

I would imagine he may have had some words spoken to him as Harness was calling him out for his lack of pressing and I’m sure Morsy would have had a word too.

Yes, he looked very flat when he came on.

Thought we looked rusty to start with (was Woolfy asleep), then took control and created the best chances. Shame we didnt go in 2or 3 up. Defended well, and rode our luck. Will be better for it.

Thought their 3 (Pring?) looked good.
Last night - further brief thoughts on 09:48 - Oct 26 with 1809 viewsNthQldITFC

Last night - further brief thoughts on 07:43 - Oct 26 by wkj

I can dig it, my undercrackers are made out of bamboo and when I put them on every morning it's like a hug from the hands of angels

...unless you catch a splinter under the foreskin, one presumes?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Last night - further brief thoughts on 10:07 - Oct 26 with 1756 viewsblueislander

Last night - further brief thoughts on 08:03 - Oct 26 by Herbivore

Very much agree with your thoughts, Dubbers. It was a bit like a couple of our other away games where we had to ride out a tricky start (albeit only about 5-10 mins this time) before controlling the next 60 minutes, creating enough chances to put the game to bed, and then having a nervy end. They were very compact and organised and always had a man deep in the full back positions making it hard for Jackson and Davis to get in behind as they often do in games but we adapted well to create in other ways. Our away performances have been excellent so far, just need to find ways to be a touch more clinical as we look capable of putting these games to bed but aren't quite managing it. That's quibbling though, the start has been incredible and we won last night deservedly despite not being quite at our best. Good times. And I'm a boxers only guy at night.

I am certainly not questioning how well we are doing, and in 70 years of supporting Town this is as exciting as it gets for me because I think that this squad has some way to go to reach its full potential, but my little quibble is the quality of crosses we put in last night. Both Jackson and Davis got into some great crossing positions ,but failed to find a colleague. In mitigation that may have been because the movement of the strikers wasn’t right.
Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:06 - Oct 26 with 1683 viewsDubtractor

Last night - further brief thoughts on 10:07 - Oct 26 by blueislander

I am certainly not questioning how well we are doing, and in 70 years of supporting Town this is as exciting as it gets for me because I think that this squad has some way to go to reach its full potential, but my little quibble is the quality of crosses we put in last night. Both Jackson and Davis got into some great crossing positions ,but failed to find a colleague. In mitigation that may have been because the movement of the strikers wasn’t right.

Jackson's delivery was pretty poor last night, which was unusual as he often has an excellent cross on him.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:17 - Oct 26 with 1630 viewsWeWereZombies

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:06 - Oct 26 by Dubtractor

Jackson's delivery was pretty poor last night, which was unusual as he often has an excellent cross on him.

I think the early booking limited Jackson's defensive contribution too. And Davis being a bit sleepy towards the end and allowing their forward to dispossess right in front of goal was uncharacteristic.

Full length pajamas or T-shirt and leggings, but that's the Scottish West Coast for you.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:18 - Oct 26 with 1626 viewsDanTheMan

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:17 - Oct 26 by WeWereZombies

I think the early booking limited Jackson's defensive contribution too. And Davis being a bit sleepy towards the end and allowing their forward to dispossess right in front of goal was uncharacteristic.

Full length pajamas or T-shirt and leggings, but that's the Scottish West Coast for you.

I did wonder whether Jacksons' fairly needless tackle was down to Pring diving a few minutes beforehand.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:39 - Oct 26 with 1590 viewsWhos_blue

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:17 - Oct 26 by WeWereZombies

I think Davis was a bit sleepy for their big chance but could maybe have done with a shout from Cam.
KM will sort it!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:47 - Oct 26 with 1555 viewsWhos_blue

Last night - further brief thoughts on 08:41 - Oct 26 by davblue

I'm not sure about Scarlett yet. I'm reluctant to call him out, as of the 3 loanees, he's had by far the least game time. KM had to make the sub for Hirst (run his socks off and had been clattered) and with no Freddie and wanting to keep the shape, Scarlett was the only choice. I also noticed Harness encouraging him and pointing where to go.
Maybe not every signing works out, but plenty of time for KM to work with him.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 12:31 - Oct 26 with 1496 viewsdavblue

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:47 - Oct 26 by Whos_blue

I'm not sure about Scarlett yet. I'm reluctant to call him out, as of the 3 loanees, he's had by far the least game time. KM had to make the sub for Hirst (run his socks off and had been clattered) and with no Freddie and wanting to keep the shape, Scarlett was the only choice. I also noticed Harness encouraging him and pointing where to go.
Maybe not every signing works out, but plenty of time for KM to work with him.

Yeah not calling him out per se, but the lack running was the most concerning thing, I can take people not playing well, but the team needed him to press to stop them getting out.

He might have had a knock tbf to him, but in this side you can’t not run as it just breaks down if 1 isn’t as committed to press.
Last night - further brief thoughts on 12:46 - Oct 26 with 1452 viewsNthQldITFC

Last night - further brief thoughts on 11:39 - Oct 26 by Whos_blue

I think Davis was a bit sleepy for their big chance but could maybe have done with a shout from Cam.
KM will sort it!

As someone said earlier, that was Davis' first mistake since his jetlagged debut!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Last night - further brief thoughts on 12:56 - Oct 26 with 1433 viewsWhos_blue

Last night - further brief thoughts on 12:31 - Oct 26 by davblue

Yeah not calling him out per se, but the lack running was the most concerning thing, I can take people not playing well, but the team needed him to press to stop them getting out.

He might have had a knock tbf to him, but in this side you can’t not run as it just breaks down if 1 isn’t as committed to press.

I don't really know enough about him to know what his favoured game is. Others here will have done some good research.
Perhaps the press isn't his thing and that's not how he plays at Spurs. A different approach can take time.
It's easy to forget he's only 19. Mark Noble was a similar age.
His career wasn't too shabby.

Last night - further brief thoughts on 13:09 - Oct 26 with 1401 viewsBigCommon

Really difficult 3pts on the road... We are finding ways to win games whilst not at our fluid best... That's a game we'd have drawn or lost a year ago.
We know with KM, that everything gets addressed, post match. The good, the bad, the ugly... What that man is wringing out of these players is nothing short of incredible..
i didn't think we were really at it for some spells. Credit to BC for their high energy press. But I'm finding it hard to fault anything. We came home with 3pts, so mission accomplished, with, as always, things we can improve on.....
Shades of Huddersfield away, imo, at times. Where we looked slightly less sharp on the 2nd balls and 50-50's. Again, credit to BC who looked full of energy..
Can see us putting in a massive performance at home on Saturday, after a somewhat, less than perfect display, last night.

"You don't want to see me in my underpants."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024