Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Humphrys - Wigan 15:20 - Dec 5 with 1590 views_clive_baker_

Wonder if he might be one to peak our interests in January?

I think we'll certainly be looking for a forward, and he's one that could suit our system. Strong, good runner, aggressive, hard worker, can score goals. Has the big club academy experience from Fulham and at a good age now where there's potential to develop.

Out of contract in the summer too, so presumably wouldn't cost much.
Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 20:01 - Dec 5 with 1248 viewscressi

Not a chance a 26 Yr old journey man who has not produced regularly anywhere.
Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 1219 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, can't see it. 26 and never really torn it up anywhere. Think we'll be aiming higher.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 20:45 - Dec 5 with 1110 viewsWD19

Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 20:09 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Yeah, can't see it. 26 and never really torn it up anywhere. Think we'll be aiming higher.

Higher than the peak!?
Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 21:10 - Dec 5 with 1046 viewsLankHenners

Think if we're going to go after someone that age it'll be a more 'proven' striker to get us over the line.

Looking at lower league forwards, might not be the right time for us unless we want to get him as one to develop, but wouldn't surprise me if a Championship club went for Ali Al-Hamadi at Wimbledon. Big strong lad but decently quick, good feet, hard worker, has some exposure to playing big pressure matches in front of a big crowd due to experience with the Iraq national team.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 21:24 - Dec 5 with 995 viewsMullet

It's just nice having no clue who or what we are looking at isn't it?

Would we look at someone like Cauley Woodrow who won't be a Prem player next season but might add that sweet spot of experience, the same Fulham pedigree coincidentally and a bit of a point to prove given he's had a stop start career?

Or are we going full Vegas and just going to pour money into the best mercenaries we can get with a view to staying up the season after securing promotion?

Luton make an interesting case study as they have stacks of Championship experience and will be struggling to hold onto their best players now they've had a taste. I wonder how McKenna rates Chong for example and will he go back to the United well more and more as we progress?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stephen Humphrys - Wigan on 21:31 - Dec 5 with 947 viewsMercian

An out of the box suggestion. A big strong young promising Norweigan striker. Erling Haaland's friend Erik Botheim currently playing in Italy. He's the one with the backwards cap in this video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYJWkDFzEXA&ab_channel=FlowKingz
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 21:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024