Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. 23:15 - Jan 6 with 2928 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

….who are writing off some players who got us in this league in a very cold and callous way.

I really don’t like it. We always expect players to try as if they owe us the world, but seem very happy to treat them like yesterdays news when we get greedy for the next level.

And yes, I do know this doesn’t apply to the majority on here - but my god I hate football fans sometimes.

Poll: Is Billm….

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:19 - Jan 6 with 2835 viewspointofblue

No one should be written off based on their talent considering the way they helped to get us here. But when there seems to be a lack of effort, I can understand why some may get frustrated.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:20 - Jan 6 with 2837 viewsJ2BLUE

Particularly the Ladapo stuff. He's not at the standard required and that incident today of not running for the ball was bad but he's still a Town player and I wouldn't be so sure he's off in this window. I suspect he will be but it's hard to get one decent striker in January so to get two or more might be beyond us. He may well have a big role to play before the end of the season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:40 - Jan 6 with 2763 viewsredrickstuhaart

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:20 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

Particularly the Ladapo stuff. He's not at the standard required and that incident today of not running for the ball was bad but he's still a Town player and I wouldn't be so sure he's off in this window. I suspect he will be but it's hard to get one decent striker in January so to get two or more might be beyond us. He may well have a big role to play before the end of the season.

People repeatedly under estimate or fail to understand the mental aspects.

Lack of sharpness, belief, confidence and even just feeling fully part of the side all play into this stuff. A player short on confidence genuinely doesnt think he will get that ball....
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:51 - Jan 6 with 2677 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:40 - Jan 6 by redrickstuhaart

Lack of sharpness, belief, confidence and even just feeling fully part of the side all play into this stuff. A player short on confidence genuinely doesnt think he will get that ball....

Only he knows

However, we are told daily, trust mckenna.. so are you saying he's selecting an unfit, mentally troubled striker...? I don't think so

We hold the most intense training sessions players have ever witnessed, he's had match minutes too. He no doubt has the support of the management team to hold that belief in himself. If there is a lack or sharpness, belief, confidence. Then the management team aren't doing a good Job. I don't believe this is the case. I personally feel Freddie knows he's off and he's just waiting for that day to come.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:55 - Jan 6 with 2669 viewsJ2BLUE

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:40 - Jan 6 by redrickstuhaart

I have no doubt he didn't run for it as he didn't think he would get it. I don't buy into the laziness/checked out stuff at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:19 - Jan 7 with 2613 viewsredrickstuhaart

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:55 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

I have no doubt he didn't run for it as he didn't think he would get it. I don't buy into the laziness/checked out stuff at all.

Indeed. he was pretty poor and again fluffed potential openings, but its not some attitude issue. Its what happens when you dont play and dont have confidence.
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:28 - Jan 7 with 2594 viewsChurchman

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 23:55 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

I’ve not seen today’s game yet, but I’ve seen Freddie play. I wouldn’t dream of questioning his effort or attitude.

In any case, after two years does anyone seriously think KM and the coaching staff would allow that from any player? Whatever our team’s limitations, I’d put any money on that not being the case.

I too don’t like how certain people move from player to player to have a go at. Before the season it was Burgess. Then Harry Clarke was hammered week in week out. Now it’s Freddie’s turn. Not nice or fair.

The only question mark re Ladapo is whether he fits the way we play going forward.
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:30 - Jan 7 with 2574 viewsredrickstuhaart

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:28 - Jan 7 by Churchman

I’ve not seen today’s game yet, but I’ve seen Freddie play. I wouldn’t dream of questioning his effort or attitude.

In any case, after two years does anyone seriously think KM and the coaching staff would allow that from any player? Whatever our team’s limitations, I’d put any money on that not being the case.

I too don’t like how certain people move from player to player to have a go at. Before the season it was Burgess. Then Harry Clarke was hammered week in week out. Now it’s Freddie’s turn. Not nice or fair.

The only question mark re Ladapo is whether he fits the way we play going forward.

Its entitlement. if a player is not doing what we want, he must be terrible, or must be not bothering.

Fans need to grow up. Manager and players are not blind or deaf to these silly comments and attitudes.
Login to get fewer ads

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:37 - Jan 7 with 2538 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:30 - Jan 7 by redrickstuhaart

Its entitlement. if a player is not doing what we want, he must be terrible, or must be not bothering.

Fans need to grow up. Manager and players are not blind or deaf to these silly comments and attitudes.

It's football

Those who don't expect football supporters to moan about awful player performances are the ones who need to grow up imo.

They are incredibly highly paid sports stars who are happy to receive such a large sum to perform their sport, with that comes the knowledge that their performances will be discussed, they're happy to see or hear it when they're doing well, so they can't then be against it when it goes the other way.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:41 - Jan 7 with 2525 viewsChurchman

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:30 - Jan 7 by redrickstuhaart

Agree totally.
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 01:23 - Jan 7 with 2446 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s professional football.

Theres a huge difference between booing, ironically cheering a substitution inside the ground and analyzing a performance online after a game.

Obviously if someone is having a direct pop at a player on their socials that’s also bang out of order. If someone says Ladapo isn’t up to it at the moment (or to push us on in the league) but recognizes what they gave to the club in previous seasons then it’s fair enough in my opinion.

Was he a very important piece in our promotion season? Yes! Has he been subpar recently? Also yes, both things can be true. A player isn’t above criticism because of what they done last season IMO and the lack of running wasn’t the best.

Against league 2 opposition he was really poor today, people will talk about it.
[Post edited 7 Jan 1:31]
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 06:56 - Jan 7 with 2157 viewsBlueBadger

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:37 - Jan 7 by FrimleyBlue

It's football

Those who don't expect football supporters to moan about awful player performances are the ones who need to grow up imo.

They are incredibly highly paid sports stars who are happy to receive such a large sum to perform their sport, with that comes the knowledge that their performances will be discussed, they're happy to see or hear it when they're doing well, so they can't then be against it when it goes the other way.

What about the supporters who invent bad performances in order to moan that, to pull and example out at random, a player is just 'whacking' a ball rather than picking their passes, even though they're not actually doing that?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 07:05 - Jan 7 with 2146 viewsPioneerBlue

We know there is a slice of the fan base that think and act like this. It’s proven time and again. No is saying people are not entitled to opinion, no one is saying players are beyond criticism or analysis but look at this through the eyes of the manager. He is the messiah and he is picking the team from his own squad. This is for a reason, whatever that might be. Each dig at a player is an indirect dig at the manager and coaches. Is this slice of the fan base actually questioning KMcK and his insight into player capability?

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 08:01 - Jan 7 with 2049 viewsChurchman

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 00:37 - Jan 7 by FrimleyBlue

It's football

There is a line to be drawn. Nobody is saying footballers are beyond criticism or opinion re their ability. If you perform in the public eye that’s all part of it.

But if delivering personal abuse to your own players is football you are watching a different game to me. It’s self defeating too, despite the pleasure a section of our fan base clearly derive from it. Freddie today, who tomorrow? We’ve been through Burgess, Burns, Clarke and now Ladapo. How about Broadhead? He’s not hitting the target as much as he might. Is he next on the abuse your own player cab rank?

Yes, they are highly paid sports stars. But when I last looked they were human beings too and at this level, they are not always going to perform like machines. An opinion that a player has had a bad game or can do this or that is one thing (they’ll probably have worked that out for themselves), accusing them of lack of effort is another.
[Post edited 7 Jan 8:10]
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 10:04 - Jan 7 with 1695 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 06:56 - Jan 7 by BlueBadger

What about the supporters who invent bad performances in order to moan that, to pull and example out at random, a player is just 'whacking' a ball rather than picking their passes, even though they're not actually doing that?

Don't know badger, I can't discuss said player. But thats 3 times in a couple days you have so maybe you could answer your own question about why constantly bring it up when you're not talking about said player. I shall leave that with you.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 10:09 - Jan 7 with 1668 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 08:01 - Jan 7 by Churchman

There is a line to be drawn. Nobody is saying footballers are beyond criticism or opinion re their ability. If you perform in the public eye that’s all part of it.

But if delivering personal abuse to your own players is football you are watching a different game to me. It’s self defeating too, despite the pleasure a section of our fan base clearly derive from it. Freddie today, who tomorrow? We’ve been through Burgess, Burns, Clarke and now Ladapo. How about Broadhead? He’s not hitting the target as much as he might. Is he next on the abuse your own player cab rank?

Yes, they are highly paid sports stars. But when I last looked they were human beings too and at this level, they are not always going to perform like machines. An opinion that a player has had a bad game or can do this or that is one thing (they’ll probably have worked that out for themselves), accusing them of lack of effort is another.
[Post edited 7 Jan 8:10]

Personal abuse as Joe says above in the stadium, I don't agree with, or if you're sending messages to players tagging them etc then again that crosses a line, but commenting about a player and discussing them online or in the pub etc is part of football.

But I think the issue is what you class as abuse. There's no abuse of payers on here, you don't agree with the posts that's fine, but they aren't abusive posts. They are indeed football posts. If they crossed a line the posts would be pulled.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 11:10 - Jan 7 with 1566 viewsitfcsuth

Unfortunately fans go completely toxic when saying something negative about somebody.

I have no problem with critiquing when it’s valid, I have done it with Ladapo and believe it is a fair assessment of his performances unfortunately.

However, there is always some idiots that fail to criticise somebody without being malicious.

Very disappointing and just complete helmets to be honest.
Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 11:12 - Jan 7 with 1541 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 11:10 - Jan 7 by itfcsuth

Unfortunately fans go completely toxic when saying something negative about somebody.

I have no problem with critiquing when it’s valid, I have done it with Ladapo and believe it is a fair assessment of his performances unfortunately.

However, there is always some idiots that fail to criticise somebody without being malicious.

Very disappointing and just complete helmets to be honest.

Whilst true, there's also a large majority who take offence to anything negative,

Broadhead was once described as patchy, you'd have thought something else was said based on the anger that followed.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 11:45 - Jan 7 with 1453 viewstextbackup

Our club moto is ‘running towards adversity’
Then you have a bloke being paid very well, with a start to prove himself, and he can’t even run for a ball.

I see why people get the hump with him. If you lack quality atleast put in the effort as a bare minimum

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 12:12 - Jan 7 with 1338 viewsTheBoyBlue

I get the sentiment and indeed it seems harsh the way some are being talked about considering what they've done for us. But we are at the next level now and possibly a level further on from that (and a lot quicker than any of us imagined, including at the club itself) in a sense, so its become clear that if we want to stay at that level we need to jettison some of them.

As others have said, if we'd just ended up consolidating in this division as a lot of us expected, it probably wouldn't have been an issue yet.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 20:58 - Jan 7 with 1030 viewsWestSussexBlue

Seeing some of the comments on here and other media channels from Town fans…. on 11:45 - Jan 7 by textbackup

Our club moto is ‘running towards adversity’
Then you have a bloke being paid very well, with a start to prove himself, and he can’t even run for a ball.

I see why people get the hump with him. If you lack quality atleast put in the effort as a bare minimum

Good point.
Effort should never been in question and as I mentioned yesterday, this appeared a huge opportunity for Fred to put in a big performance and stake a claim certainly whilst Hirsty is sidelined.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024