Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Miz update 10:11 - Jan 14 with 3326 viewsunstableblue

Got a message from Orient mate

He’d mentioned recently that El Miz was in a bit of a dip in form, still a starter, but struggling a little.

But today away at Pompey he was apparently superb in a 3-0 away win for Orient.

Clearly with Travis coming in the need for a loan return has gone. But any watching Town scout or the pack of clubs considering a bid would have no doubt been impressed.

Poll: What do you think of the new away kit?

El Miz update on 10:15 - Jan 14 with 3238 viewsNutkins_Return

The figures talked about seem too low to me. You would think we should be looking at at least £500k. Crucially we need a big sell on! Selling to a more high profile club like Derby might help future sale.

Poll: Who do we think McKenna (not you) will partner Greaves with ?

El Miz update on 10:16 - Jan 14 with 3201 viewsJ2BLUE

El Miz update on 10:15 - Jan 14 by Nutkins_Return

The figures talked about seem too low to me. You would think we should be looking at at least £500k. Crucially we need a big sell on! Selling to a more high profile club like Derby might help future sale.

Why sell unless he wants to go? Keep him and next year loan him to a lower Championship club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

El Miz update on 11:18 - Jan 14 with 2950 viewsAlberto_the_frog

As it is, I think his contract runs out at the end of the season. We do have an extension option, though
El Miz update on 13:06 - Jan 14 with 2614 viewsITFC_Esquire

El Miz update on 10:16 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Why sell unless he wants to go? Keep him and next year loan him to a lower Championship club.

To be fair I think it would take some turn around for El Miz to want to be involved here. Have a mate who plays for orient and he said that El Miz didn’t even train with first team when he came back in summer and he felt that was disrespectful. Not completely out the question though and maybe he won’t feel as strongly if he is asked back to train this summer.

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

El Miz update on 15:51 - Jan 14 with 2232 viewsPioneerBlue

If we really want to sell him, get him back, get him some minutes over remaining games of season and sell in the summer for top up and coming dollars. I still wonder whether he has a future at ITFC, albeit I wonder if he and his representatives have moved on mentally and see forcing a low value sale or taking their money at the end of contract because he won’t resign. Speculation only.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

He’s only 23 on 16:04 - Jan 14 with 2158 viewsunstableblue

El Miz update on 15:51 - Jan 14 by PioneerBlue

If we really want to sell him, get him back, get him some minutes over remaining games of season and sell in the summer for top up and coming dollars. I still wonder whether he has a future at ITFC, albeit I wonder if he and his representatives have moved on mentally and see forcing a low value sale or taking their money at the end of contract because he won’t resign. Speculation only.

Key holding midfielder for the in form League One team; and back to getting rave reviews.

I would have thought we could have brought him back for the Morsy back-up role Travis is providing.

But clearly McKenna thinks that wasn’t the right route.

Shame. But don’t see him having a future here.

Definitely agree he’s worth £500k plus.

Poll: What do you think of the new away kit?

He’s only 23 on 16:34 - Jan 14 with 1962 viewsNthQldITFC

He’s only 23 on 16:04 - Jan 14 by unstableblue

Key holding midfielder for the in form League One team; and back to getting rave reviews.

I would have thought we could have brought him back for the Morsy back-up role Travis is providing.

But clearly McKenna thinks that wasn’t the right route.

Shame. But don’t see him having a future here.

Definitely agree he’s worth £500k plus.

I haven't seen El Miz for Orient, so I don't know how much he's improved, but the standard he'd have to compete against here is Morsy/Travis (who hopefully will come here on a permanent if yesterday's performance is anything to go by).

Then what's best for us now?

1. A big transfer fee now (which isn't going to happen, but for FFP would be great)
2. A small transfer fee with big % sell-on clause (good in the long term, but no real help on FFP grounds now)
3. Hold on, loan to Championship and sell/re-assess next year (probably best option)

⚔ Long live the Duke of Punuar ⚔
Poll: What Olympic sport/group are you most 'into'?

El Miz update on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 1844 viewsPhilTWTD

Problem is clubs at the level that want to buy him haven't got that sort of money.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

El Miz update on 17:14 - Jan 14 with 1780 viewsfranz_tyson

When El Miz is brought up, there hardly is any consideration for where he might want to play. I get that he's thought of pretty highly by some, but he's still treated like a piece of meat ie get recalled, go on another loan, trigger his contract, not being transferred for at least 500k, etc. Maybe the lad has a preference to stay with Orient where he's a vital player. He owes us very less and less as he's been loaned out multiple times and maybe we should part company with his terms high on the agenda. Do the right thing by him and if Orient get him a little on the cheap ... then so be it. We can't keep carrying players for ever and we should give him the best chance of a career. We're not going to get a fortune for him ... so let's do the right thing.
El Miz update on 19:41 - Jan 14 with 1457 viewstextbackup

El Miz update on 10:16 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

I think at some point it’s only fair he gets sold to make a real go of a career somewhere.

I really like the bloke, top little player, but can’t see him getting in this squad for a good 2 years with who with have, then god knows what happens if we go up.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

El Miz update on 19:51 - Jan 14 with 1415 viewsMK1

El Miz update on 19:41 - Jan 14 by textbackup

I think at some point it’s only fair he gets sold to make a real go of a career somewhere.

I really like the bloke, top little player, but can’t see him getting in this squad for a good 2 years with who with have, then god knows what happens if we go up.

Agree with this. Set the lad free. Take what is offered and whack in a 20% sell on clause. Best for all concerned.
El Miz update on 20:07 - Jan 14 with 1330 viewstextbackup

El Miz update on 19:51 - Jan 14 by MK1

Agree with this. Set the lad free. Take what is offered and whack in a 20% sell on clause. Best for all concerned.

Yep, or a first refusal if being sold on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024