Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 10 games form and points 20:49 - Jan 14 with 2479 viewsDubtractor

Since we lost at West Brom we've played 10 games, with a hectic schedule, tough fixtures, and an injury and suspensions crisis thrown in. I've picked that period as a) we all identified that batch of games as being a challenge and b) I think 10 games represents a reasonable sample of form.

We've picked up 19 points out of 30 in that run of games - repeat that points accumulation over the rest of the season and we'll end up on 94 points. No guarantee that it'll be enough this season, but any other season we'd be nailed on top two with that.

Honestly think that it is an astonishing achievement for us to have accumulated 58 points from 27 games, and to have only lost 3 games as a newly promoted team shows a level of resilience that we're just not used to as Ipswich fans.

COYB!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Last 10 games form and points on 21:02 - Jan 14 with 2309 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Those who concentrate on us not winning in five seem to fail to couple that with the fact we were good enough to build a 10 point gap before that. Southampton have been on incredible form and are still 3 points behind and the gap to Leeds has only been cut by 3 points. It is possible Southampton will remain on their phenomenal form but equally possible they don't. It is also quite possible we can match their form just as we did for the first half of the season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Last 10 games form and points on 21:14 - Jan 14 with 2204 viewsArnieM

There’s been a lot made of Saints recent good run. But haven’t most of those games been against mid table or lower placed teams?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Last 10 games form and points on 21:20 - Jan 14 with 2161 viewsSomethingBlue

Last 10 games form and points on 21:14 - Jan 14 by ArnieM

There’s been a lot made of Saints recent good run. But haven’t most of those games been against mid table or lower placed teams?

They've had a relatively soft run (although I'd argue that outside the top four nobody in this division inspires fear) and apart from a trip to West Brom that continues until March really. But they travel to us, Leeds and Leicester in their last 11 games: they may overtake us soon but as long as we are in touch with them by mid-March it should look very interesting.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Last 10 games form and points on 21:22 - Jan 14 with 2141 viewsSomethingBlue

It's amazing and you're right, if the relegated three weren't so unusually strong we would have one foot in the Premier League already. We will probably get through this season losing well under 10 games and in this division that is quite remarkable.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Last 10 games form and points on 21:24 - Jan 14 with 2124 viewsSheffordBlue

Last 10 games form and points on 21:20 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

They've had a relatively soft run (although I'd argue that outside the top four nobody in this division inspires fear) and apart from a trip to West Brom that continues until March really. But they travel to us, Leeds and Leicester in their last 11 games: they may overtake us soon but as long as we are in touch with them by mid-March it should look very interesting.

Haven't looked at their run in but our remaining fixtures are broken down against their current league position are:

Top 3rd
Home: 2
Away: 2

Middle 3rd
Home: 3
Away: 5

Bottom 3rd
Home: 4
Away: 3

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Last 10 games form and points on 21:41 - Jan 14 with 1974 viewsFreddies_Ears

After West Brom, I looked ahead at the next 10 games (that just finished), and anticipated 18 points, being 4 home wins, 1 away win & 3 draws. We actually managed 19 pts from those 10 games. From here on, 2pts per game may be enough if we beat Southampton.

I think we need to focus on getting 100 pts.

Yesterday's performance made me feel we just might get there.
Last 10 games form and points on 21:44 - Jan 14 with 1940 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Apart from Leicester we have only played teams below us in the table.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Last 10 games form and points on 22:00 - Jan 14 with 1805 viewsStewart27

Last 10 games form and points on 21:44 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Apart from Leicester we have only played teams below us in the table.

That’s the inbred trophy dodging narrative.

Where as they keep playing teams above them.
Login to get fewer ads

Last 10 games form and points on 22:20 - Jan 14 with 1688 viewsElderGrizzly

That’s some great perspective. It doesn’t feel like almost averaging 2 points a game recently! 😂
Last 10 games form and points on 23:07 - Jan 14 with 1482 viewsDarkBrandon

Last 10 games form and points on 22:20 - Jan 14 by ElderGrizzly

That’s some great perspective. It doesn’t feel like almost averaging 2 points a game recently! 😂

Well, we have and we haven’t. We won the first four of those. If you take the last 6 we’ve done much less well.

But it is probably fair. In the last 6 we’ve had a combination of a tough set of fixtures, injuries and suspensions. Taking those changes in isolation seems pretty unrepresentative.

Suddenly we only have 19 games to go this season, we are still in second place, have just beaten a good Sunderland side and if we can get the right player(s) in in the next two weeks could be set fair for an amazing end to the season.
Last 10 games form and points on 23:11 - Jan 14 with 1448 viewsBlueBadger

Probably Luke Woolfenden's fault.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last 10 games form and points on 23:28 - Jan 14 with 1354 viewsGuthrum

Last 10 games form and points on 21:20 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

Southampton still have to play four of the current top six away from home.

They've only won three of their twelve matches against teams in the top half of the table (seven of those being away fixtures). Two of those wins were home games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

February’s going to be the key month for me - 6 games from the 19 on 23:46 - Jan 14 with 1302 viewsunstableblue

Last 10 games form and points on 23:07 - Jan 14 by DarkBrandon

Well, we have and we haven’t. We won the first four of those. If you take the last 6 we’ve done much less well.

But it is probably fair. In the last 6 we’ve had a combination of a tough set of fixtures, injuries and suspensions. Taking those changes in isolation seems pretty unrepresentative.

Suddenly we only have 19 games to go this season, we are still in second place, have just beaten a good Sunderland side and if we can get the right player(s) in in the next two weeks could be set fair for an amazing end to the season.

Leicester is a bit of a free hit

But February could be a chance, especially if we can get a quality front man, to accrue some serious points. And put the challenge back into Leeds and especially Southampton

Get the PPG high again. Get back up the form table.

Preston (a)
West Brom (h)
Millwall (a)
Swansea (a)
Rotherham (h)
Brum (h)

12 points look possible. And every chance to get something at home to West Brom and Brum (even if Mowbray has improved them)

A result at Leicester would set us up very nicely.

Less than 12 from Feb, Saints may create some daylight between us, they have:

Swans (a)
Rotherham (a)
Hudds (h)
Bristol (a)
Hull (h)
Millwall (h)

Very winnable matches

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024