Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped 14:36 - Feb 10 with 4045 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are to predictable

Morsy and luongo to slow
Burns just pointless in his role
Burgess needs to get back in ASAP for balance
Clarke.. who's decision to let him roam? Fix it, it causes us major problems

2nd half ended well today but even tho we had a better 2nd half period before subs etc we didn't hurt brom at all. They sat. Parked it up and we had no answer despite 2 years of practice.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 14:37 - Feb 10 with 2441 viewsTractorWood

We are ok once we concede and hit the 70th minute. Everything else is pretty questionable imo.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 2422 viewswaveneyblue

I find you way more predictable
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 14:41 - Feb 10 with 2359 viewsbaxterbasics

Wolfy and Fridge most culpable for the two goals - otherwise that was a comfortable win.

Do think Hutch should be starting over Burns now. Don't buy this 'best bought on as a sub' argument.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 14:50 - Feb 10 with 2329 viewsblueislander

It beggars belief that we can have so many bad players, and be 4th in the Championship.
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped (n/t) on 15:13 - Feb 10 with 2249 viewsHerbivore

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 2209 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped (n/t) on 15:13 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Unfortunately, he has a point. Morsy and Luongo were out-muscled and outplayed far too often in midfield today and it wasn't Burns' best game by any stretch. I am concerned about whether Hutchinson can have an impact from the start, though.

I think there needs to be communication between Clarke and Davis - if one pushes forward the other drops back to cover. Yes, Woolfenden made a horrendous error today, but he was also exposed because of everyone pushing up without considering the back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:22 - Feb 10 with 2192 viewsHerbivore

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:20 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Unfortunately, he has a point. Morsy and Luongo were out-muscled and outplayed far too often in midfield today and it wasn't Burns' best game by any stretch. I am concerned about whether Hutchinson can have an impact from the start, though.

I think there needs to be communication between Clarke and Davis - if one pushes forward the other drops back to cover. Yes, Woolfenden made a horrendous error today, but he was also exposed because of everyone pushing up without considering the back.

That you think Frimmers has a point speaks volumes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:28 - Feb 10 with 2167 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:22 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

I don't agree that it's two points dropped considering the situation we were in but they got through the midfield far too easily, we allowed them so much space on the right (which is a reoccurring theme) and Burns has been off form for a while - not that I'll join the Frimmers led pile on on him.

Login to get fewer ads

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:30 - Feb 10 with 2152 views_clive_baker_

2 points dropped? They’re every bit as strong as us and they’ve shown that over our 2 games.
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:34 - Feb 10 with 2130 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped (n/t) on 15:13 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Now now herbz. No one likes not winning games but being angry won't help.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:35 - Feb 10 with 2126 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:22 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

I'm intrigued to know how you disagree with any of what I said.. genuinely.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:39 - Feb 10 with 2102 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll keep banging this drum but we need to play three at the back and sacrifice Burns.

This would make us more solid in defence and give Leif and Harry Clarke more license to attack.

Also noticeable that Davis has not been as effective without Burgess behind him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:41 - Feb 10 with 2095 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 14:50 - Feb 10 by blueislander

It beggars belief that we can have so many bad players, and be 4th in the Championship.

Not bad players. Just not regular top level championship players. It happens. Its a shame it has run its course. But we are just seeing a league 1 side battling now.

Those hero's are becoming stale. Morsy was embarrassed today and he's our skipper.

You can all worship the grass they walk on but I'd rather be honest with player appraisals.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:42 - Feb 10 with 2083 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:41 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Not bad players. Just not regular top level championship players. It happens. Its a shame it has run its course. But we are just seeing a league 1 side battling now.

Those hero's are becoming stale. Morsy was embarrassed today and he's our skipper.

You can all worship the grass they walk on but I'd rather be honest with player appraisals.

"But we are just seeing a league 1 side battling now."

You make some reasonable points and then you say something utterly ridiculous like the above which means people just roll their eyes and move on.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 2067 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Your Burns criticism is relentless and at times this season been misplaced.

He was hilariously bad today. Genuinely could not control a football.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 2067 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:20 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

It's odd isn't it.

1 win in 9 now and still people ignore quote obvious failings.

Yes we had a great run. We aren't now. So what.. keep going with the same league 1 side and just hope something happens or actually deal with it.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:46 - Feb 10 with 2050 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:30 - Feb 10 by _clive_baker_

2 points dropped? They’re every bit as strong as us and they’ve shown that over our 2 games.

Yes.

A home game against a side with bad away results with injuries...
When we are looking to get back on track again.

Yes it's 2 points dropped.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 2019 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:45 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

It's odd isn't it.

1 win in 9 now and still people ignore quote obvious failings.

Yes we had a great run. We aren't now. So what.. keep going with the same league 1 side and just hope something happens or actually deal with it.

The issue is who from the new signings do we bring in? Tempted by Al-Hamadi for Chaplin but he's a League Two player. I don't mean this to be disparaging but your focus is we're playing our League One side. Well...

Travis back in? Have to say, our two best performances of the run have come against Sunderland and Leicester, where we didn't have Morsy, though Travis struggled against the latter. But McKenna will not be dropping the captain.

Southampton aside, Hutchinson hasn't done much from the start, and Sarmiento flattered to deceive at Preston (albeit everyone struggled in the first half there).

We have over-achieved and we are over-achieving this season. Will some of our players be exposed to an extent, and have to learn quickly to sink or swim? Yes, but that's what we expected this season to be. As it is, demands have grown, and we'll have to be patient as the players try and grow with them.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 2019 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:42 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

"But we are just seeing a league 1 side battling now."

You make some reasonable points and then you say something utterly ridiculous like the above which means people just roll their eyes and move on.

It's true no? Bar moore. It was a lineup we've seen many times in league 1. Well maybe not edmundson.

And we aren't controlling the games with confidence. They are a battle.

It's not meant with ridicule. Just that we are now seeing what we all thought we'd see from season start..

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:52 - Feb 10 with 2009 viewshomer_123

Are we 15th and in a relegation battle?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:53 - Feb 10 with 2000 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:45 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

Your Burns criticism is relentless and at times this season been misplaced.

He was hilariously bad today. Genuinely could not control a football.

It's is not the first game.

It's just occasionally the balls played in behind and he looks like he's had a fantastic game. He's a massive weak point. And has been for many games. It's good thst people have finally seen what I have for so long.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 1988 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:51 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

It's true no? Bar moore. It was a lineup we've seen many times in league 1. Well maybe not edmundson.

And we aren't controlling the games with confidence. They are a battle.

It's not meant with ridicule. Just that we are now seeing what we all thought we'd see from season start..

If you said "We're in a Championship side in a battle" then I think that would be fine. And surely that's what we should expect to be? If we were a League One side in a battle you'd expect us to be over-run game after game, and that hasn't happened.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:56 - Feb 10 with 1977 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:54 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

If you said "We're in a Championship side in a battle" then I think that would be fine. And surely that's what we should expect to be? If we were a League One side in a battle you'd expect us to be over-run game after game, and that hasn't happened.

The reason I call it that I've explained by the lineups we have.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:59 - Feb 10 with 1960 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:56 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

The reason I call it that I've explained by the lineups we have.

But the players have shown their Championship standard players. Maybe credit to them and McKenna for what they've achieved so far this season.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:01 - Feb 10 with 1949 viewsreusersfreekicks

You seem to be happier to criticize and get points over when we lose than to celebrate our achievments.
Really irritating and bizarre
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024