Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge 13:11 - Feb 15 with 4569 viewsbluelagos

Maybe she doesn't know it was because a 14 year old girl was suicidal (and hats off the police officers for the 5 hours they spent saving a young life)

Or maybe Therese Coffey really is an utter skidmark of an MP.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:19 - Feb 15 with 4130 viewsEwan_Oozami

What merits inspection is her implacable opposition to the Northern Bypass..or maybe she would prefer the police and other agencies to work their suicide prevention strategies alongside the noise of 40 ton lorries thundering past.

Even Tories I know in East Suffolk think she's utterly useless..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:22 - Feb 15 with 4110 viewsitfcjoe

There must be a way to safely remove the person from the site to reopen the roads in a quicker timeframe to then take them to get the help they need

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:26 - Feb 15 with 4073 viewsKeno

No Therese what 'hugely impacts residents and businesses in our county" is your government in general and in particular the complete lack of planning of proper infrastructure for the area

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:30 - Feb 15 with 4039 viewsmo_itfc

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:22 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

There must be a way to safely remove the person from the site to reopen the roads in a quicker timeframe to then take them to get the help they need

yeah, I think investing in mental health services might be an option. Then maybe this poor young person would have had help before going into crisis.
But not an option the current political parties seem to care about...

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:35 - Feb 15 with 3999 viewsbluelagos

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:22 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

Am all ears Joe.

Young girl on bridge contemplating suicide and...

and the police engaged with her, talked to her, saved her life and she'll now be getting the help she needs to hopefully fully recover. What else would you have them do? Taser her and hope she doesn't fall to her death?

I am not slow to criticise coppers when they get it wrong - especially when it's institutional failings. Saving the life of a vulnerable young person in the throng of a mental health crisis clearly isn't one of those times.

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:39 - Feb 15 with 3945 viewsMJallday

She needs to stick her head in a blender and turn it on

What an utter f****g tool

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:41 - Feb 15 with 3903 viewsitfcjoe

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:35 - Feb 15 by bluelagos

Am all ears Joe.

Young girl on bridge contemplating suicide and...

and the police engaged with her, talked to her, saved her life and she'll now be getting the help she needs to hopefully fully recover. What else would you have them do? Taser her and hope she doesn't fall to her death?

I am not slow to criticise coppers when they get it wrong - especially when it's institutional failings. Saving the life of a vulnerable young person in the throng of a mental health crisis clearly isn't one of those times.

They've obviously done a good job here in talking her down, but more just along the lines of getting a vulnerable person out of a dangerous situation quicker as presumably for that whole 5 hours she was in a position where one false move etc could be the end.

Was it on the actual bridge at the time, when it was first closed it was mentioned that it was a separate bridge nearby, so I'd presumed one of those crossing the A14?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:48 - Feb 15 with 3846 viewsBuhrer

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:41 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

They've obviously done a good job here in talking her down, but more just along the lines of getting a vulnerable person out of a dangerous situation quicker as presumably for that whole 5 hours she was in a position where one false move etc could be the end.

Was it on the actual bridge at the time, when it was first closed it was mentioned that it was a separate bridge nearby, so I'd presumed one of those crossing the A14?

Mergency services, yes you saved this childs life, but why cant you just go faster?

Let's assume emergency services end emergencies as quickly, positively and safely for all parties as they are able to.
Login to get fewer ads

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 14:26 - Feb 15 with 3685 viewsWhos_blue

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:48 - Feb 15 by Buhrer

Mergency services, yes you saved this childs life, but why cant you just go faster?

Let's assume emergency services end emergencies as quickly, positively and safely for all parties as they are able to.

Come on mate. Do you not think they try to do that?
What are they supposed to do in this situation?
If they rush in and the person jumps, they've got it massively wrong. If they take their time to get to the right outcome, they are are seemingly criticised for the disruption.
It's easy to get frustrated in traffic queues, but often at the very front of that queue someone is having the worst day of their life or even worse, maybe even their last day.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 14:33 - Feb 15 with 3636 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 14:26 - Feb 15 by Whos_blue

Come on mate. Do you not think they try to do that?
What are they supposed to do in this situation?
If they rush in and the person jumps, they've got it massively wrong. If they take their time to get to the right outcome, they are are seemingly criticised for the disruption.
It's easy to get frustrated in traffic queues, but often at the very front of that queue someone is having the worst day of their life or even worse, maybe even their last day.

Maybe read buhrer's post again
Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 14:33 - Feb 15 with 3633 viewsMattinLondon

There’s another thread on here regarding driving standards. Most seem to think that patience is in very short supply with people unable to think outside of their little bubble whilst behind the wheel. Your reply, kinda reads like that.
Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 14:49 - Feb 15 with 3551 viewsWhos_blue

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 14:33 - Feb 15 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Maybe read buhrer's post again

Cheers for picking this up mate. In my rush to post I'd actually replied to Buhrers post rather than the one he was replying to.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 15:15 - Feb 15 with 3420 viewsBlueNomad

The same local MP who was Environment Secretary, but supports the Countryside Alliance who still advocate / engage in the hunting of mammals with dogs which has been an offence for nearly 20 years.

"Thérèse Coffey began by congratulating the Countryside Alliance on being the sensible voice of the countryside.............." ( https://www.countryside-alliance.org/resources/news/conservatives-share-vision-f

Oh, and did nothing about the water companies polluting our waters whilst making huge profits.

As for the OP - she lacks the imagination and empathy to understand that dealing with serious mental health problems can take time.

Finally - she should direct her question to the Chief Constable, not one of the Tory country set members who has nothing to do with operational matters.
[Post edited 15 Feb 15:16]
Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 16:26 - Feb 15 with 3245 viewsfactual_blue

The same MP who didn't like the Protocols in Ambulance Service for triaging patients suffering a cardiac arrest?

(allegedly)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 16:37 - Feb 15 with 3189 viewsHelp

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:41 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

Regardless of which bridge or overpass/flyover all circumstances would be dangerous. Maybe the better phrase was to close the A14 to avoid another possible death.
Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 16:43 - Feb 15 with 3155 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Don't know why she'd be so bothered about road closures, anyway. She can get to where she's going by broomstick.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 17:04 - Feb 15 with 3070 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder if there is potential for making access more difficult to prevent incidents occurring but I am not sure that is possible. Beside that the Northern Bypass seems another option. The bridge already gets closed due to high winds and could be due to vehicular collisions as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:06 - Feb 15 with 2883 viewsbluelagos

And...

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:13 - Feb 15 with 2846 viewsfactual_blue

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:06 - Feb 15 by bluelagos

And...

Is that Police speak for 'feck off coffey, you ignoramus'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:30 - Feb 15 with 2772 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:13 - Feb 15 by factual_blue

Is that Police speak for 'feck off coffey, you ignoramus'?

Yes, I do believe it is,

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:32 - Feb 15 with 2748 viewsBlueBadger

We could try going back in time and not cut mental health services both NHS and council provided to the bone, I suppose?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:42 - Feb 15 with 2688 viewseireblue

Oh I know this one, it’s the latter.
Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:54 - Feb 15 with 2648 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 13:30 - Feb 15 by mo_itfc

yeah, I think investing in mental health services might be an option. Then maybe this poor young person would have had help before going into crisis.
But not an option the current political parties seem to care about...

Labour say they care and have some proposals around young people’s wellbeing (amongst other things - https://labour.org.uk/updates/stories/labours-child-health-action-plan-will-crea

The Lib Dems have some outline proposals in the unlikely event they get near Downing Street https://www.libdems.org.uk/news/article/taking-a-stand-for-mental-health

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 05:21 - Feb 16 with 2234 viewsBlueBadger

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 18:42 - Feb 15 by eireblue

Oh I know this one, it’s the latter.

Spoiler alert: it's both.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 07:09 - Feb 16 with 2131 viewsitfcjoe

Just a local MP questioning why the police closed the Orwell bridge on 17:04 - Feb 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

I wonder if there is potential for making access more difficult to prevent incidents occurring but I am not sure that is possible. Beside that the Northern Bypass seems another option. The bridge already gets closed due to high winds and could be due to vehicular collisions as well.

I’m surprised how easy it is to walk over the bridge, don’t think it would be the worst thing to try and put a few barriers up to make it more difficult

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024