Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Tuesday 17:34 - Feb 17 with 2618 viewsgtsb1966

Al-Hamadi would be my choice to start. Would absolutely scare Rotherham defenders to death with his pace. Plenty of free kicks around the box and potential penalties.
Rotherham Tuesday on 17:37 - Feb 17 with 2579 viewspointofblue

Who for? I think Moore's strength and height is pretty key for us at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:40 - Feb 17 with 2521 viewsgtsb1966

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:37 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

Who for? I think Moore's strength and height is pretty key for us at the moment.

Give Moore a rest to be honest and I think this game is made for Al-Hamadi
Rotherham Tuesday on 17:41 - Feb 17 with 2507 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:37 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

I would expect Moore to start every match he is available for. Chaplin will play after having a rest last match and getting back in the goals. Al Hamadi is a great option to bring on against a tiring defence.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 2447 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

He won’t get chance to use his pace anyhow. Literally the worst match up for him, he’d be much better against a team we can catch on the break. Rotherham are gonna sit back and low block, and hope to nick something from a set piece. We’ll need Moore’s height and experience to get past them.
Rotherham Tuesday on 17:49 - Feb 17 with 2370 viewsNutkins_Return

There will be some changes for sure to freshen things up. It makes sense for Al-Hamadi to get a first start except the protection Moore gives defending set plays.

I expect Travis to come in for Luongo and Burns to come back in. Also think Tuanzebe might come in for Clarke as needs a rest (unless Tuanzebe has a knock and why missing today).
Rotherham Tuesday on 17:56 - Feb 17 with 2269 viewsgtsb1966

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:44 - Feb 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He won’t get chance to use his pace anyhow. Literally the worst match up for him, he’d be much better against a team we can catch on the break. Rotherham are gonna sit back and low block, and hope to nick something from a set piece. We’ll need Moore’s height and experience to get past them.

I was thinking more of his game around the box. He is so quick.
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:00 - Feb 17 with 2214 viewspointofblue

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:49 - Feb 17 by Nutkins_Return

There will be some changes for sure to freshen things up. It makes sense for Al-Hamadi to get a first start except the protection Moore gives defending set plays.

I expect Travis to come in for Luongo and Burns to come back in. Also think Tuanzebe might come in for Clarke as needs a rest (unless Tuanzebe has a knock and why missing today).

I wonder if both Tuanzebe and Edmundson may come in Tuesday. Woolfenden was rested for the game at Rotherham and, last season, McKenna repeated that trick - rotated him out of both games against Morecambe.

Hladky
Tuanzebe - Edmundson - Burgess - Davis
Morsy - Travis
Burns - Chaplin - Sarmiento
Moore

Subs: Walton, Woolfenden, Humphreys, Luongo, Harness, Hutchinson, Broadhead, Jackson, Al-Hamadi

Sarmiento in for Broadhead will mean each of the 'tens' get a rest over the last three games.

I think Davis could really do with a break as well. Not sure if we'll risk bringing Humphreys in. If so, it's getting a 'cup game' feel for a match we have to win.

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:02 - Feb 17 with 2187 viewstextbackup

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:00 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

I wonder if both Tuanzebe and Edmundson may come in Tuesday. Woolfenden was rested for the game at Rotherham and, last season, McKenna repeated that trick - rotated him out of both games against Morecambe.

Hladky
Morsy - Travis
Moore

Subs: Walton, Woolfenden, Humphreys, Luongo, Harness, Hutchinson, Broadhead, Jackson, Al-Hamadi

Sarmiento in for Broadhead will mean each of the 'tens' get a rest over the last three games.

I think Davis could really do with a break as well. Not sure if we'll risk bringing Humphreys in. If so, it's getting a 'cup game' feel for a match we have to win.

Not a chance I’d want to see two changes to that back four.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 17 with 2179 viewsStokieBlue

Hladky
Morsy - Travis
Moore

I don't really see why we need to rest anyone?

Surely play the strongest side we can, get ahead and then make subs rather than look to possibly chase the game later.

They are professional footballers, I am sure they can manage 60 minutes from the start, especially as Chaplin and Broadhead came off after 60 minutes today.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 17 with 2176 views44_not_out

Yeah, let’s leave out our Premier League loanee who has loads of international and championship experience for a young striker who hasn’t played the equivalent to a whole match in the Championship

Fortunately KMc isn’t playing football manager on his PC
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 2167 viewspointofblue

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:02 - Feb 17 by textbackup

Not a chance I’d want to see two changes to that back four.

Yeah, can understand that. Only saying Woolfenden might be replaced as it happened in the game at Rotherham. I assume it may still happen if Clarke plays. If he's rested, then Woolfenden plays instead.

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 2145 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

I don't really see why we need to rest anyone?

Surely play the strongest side we can, get ahead and then make subs rather than look to possibly chase the game later.

They are professional footballers, I am sure they can manage 60 minutes from the start, especially as Chaplin and Broadhead came off after 60 minutes today.

SB

Three games in under a week he will consider a couple. Mass would be the one that might benefit from it the most. Not sure I’d want to see big changes at the back.
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:10 - Feb 17 with 2083 viewsStokieBlue

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:06 - Feb 17 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Three games in under a week he will consider a couple. Mass would be the one that might benefit from it the most. Not sure I’d want to see big changes at the back.

Wouldn't object to Massimo being rested but that isn't the key CB and number 10 positions he was mentioning.

Just don't think you can't start Broadhead the way he is playing at the moment, almost seems liking taking Rotherham too lightly which never tends to end well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:12 - Feb 17 with 2059 viewscressi

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:06 - Feb 17 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Start ur best side get a Couple up then make subs.
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 2042 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:10 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Wouldn't object to Massimo being rested but that isn't the key CB and number 10 positions he was mentioning.

Just don't think you can't start Broadhead the way he is playing at the moment, almost seems liking taking Rotherham too lightly which never tends to end well.

SB

Yes Broadhead would be my first name on the team sheet every week. CM is where I’d consider rotating with Travis. As long as Burgess is fully fit for back to back games post Qatar he would remain in there for me.
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:17 - Feb 17 with 2014 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:12 - Feb 17 by cressi

Start ur best side get a Couple up then make subs.

It’s a good strategy but remember Mass is just coming back from injury as well and that was a shift today on a heavy pitch. Travis can be effective and that could really benefit us for next Saturday. I don’t particularly see that change as taking Rotherham lightly, presumably that’s what he was brought in for as well.
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 1976 viewstextbackup

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:04 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

Yeah, can understand that. Only saying Woolfenden might be replaced as it happened in the game at Rotherham. I assume it may still happen if Clarke plays. If he's rested, then Woolfenden plays instead.

I’d be going for

Hladky
Tuzabeeebzan Wolf CB Davis
Morsy Travis
Burns Chaplin broadhead
Al-Ham

Get a couple of goals on the board, then around 55/60 bang in 4 changes.

But as my footballing knowledge and skills are 0.75% of KMs I’ll trust whatever he thinks 😃

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:22 - Feb 17 with 1927 viewsSitfcB

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:17 - Feb 17 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s a good strategy but remember Mass is just coming back from injury as well and that was a shift today on a heavy pitch. Travis can be effective and that could really benefit us for next Saturday. I don’t particularly see that change as taking Rotherham lightly, presumably that’s what he was brought in for as well.

Yep a real bitch of a pitch today, right from the off the water was splashing and the ball holding up, lads put some work in for sure. Will be some tired legs tomorrow.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:27 - Feb 17 with 1864 views_clive_baker_

There’s an argument for it, not least from a squad rotation perspective. It’s a slog to play 3 games in 6 days, especially with travel to Millwall and Swansea in that and in those conditions today and the nature of the 2nd half.

You don’t worry about the 3 behind the number 9 as we’ve got plenty of options. It’s 3 from 5 really which is a real luxury. Burns & Sarmiento could come in from the start on Tuesday and be fresh which is a lovely problem to have. It’s really Luongo & Moore that probably need to be managed more cutely, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Travis starts and maybe Al-Hamadi too.
Rotherham Tuesday on 18:37 - Feb 17 with 1758 viewsDarkBrandon

Rotherham Tuesday on 17:44 - Feb 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

If Rotherham are a threat at set pieces (and I haven’t watched them so I don’t know) Moore can be a big help defensively too
Rotherham Tuesday on 19:23 - Feb 17 with 1564 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:37 - Feb 17 by DarkBrandon

If Rotherham are a threat at set pieces (and I haven’t watched them so I don’t know) Moore can be a big help defensively too

They will likely put 10 behind the ball, so some physical brute force in the area will be very useful.
Rotherham Tuesday on 19:33 - Feb 17 with 1506 viewspointofblue

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:10 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

SB

Rest was just a way of me trying to avoid the word dropped, as it's not the latter. The reason why I said there could be a switch at CB is it happened in the Rotherham away game, and McKenna did this for the Morecambe matches last year - Woolfenden didn't start either but played in every other game. Giving someone else a run out against the bottom of the league side. But, as textbackup said, I can't see it happening if Clarke drops out to nurse his injury.

Luongo seemed to visibly tire today, so Travis in for him makes sense.

I didn't expect Hutchinson to start ahead of Chaplin on Tuesday, or Burns to drop out of the line up today, so wonder whether this might be a plan to keep the three of them fresher, with all three then starting next Saturday. Could be miles off.
[Post edited 17 Feb 19:34]

Rotherham Tuesday on 20:00 - Feb 17 with 1370 viewsNutkins_Return

Rotherham Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 17 by 44_not_out

Yeah, let’s leave out our Premier League loanee who has loads of international and championship experience for a young striker who hasn’t played the equivalent to a whole match in the Championship

Fortunately KMc isn’t playing football manager on his PC

Moore hasn't played a lot of back to back football in quite a while. He might well take the opportunity. Changes are stil a risk but we will make 2-3 IMO. Not sure it will be Moore. We need some fresh legs and to back ourselves at home against Rotherham.

A Resurgent Birmingham to follow and we definitely won't want to be leggy for that. Let's get Rotherham beat first though,!!
Rotherham Tuesday on 20:04 - Feb 17 with 1335 viewsVic

Hladky
Morsy - Travis
Moore

I doubt it, KM will be wanting to keep as settled a side as possible now. Just as he did last season.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024