Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… 12:58 - Feb 18 with 1224 viewsITFC_Forever

… is not a good thing for us if we’re still chasing both of them, as the points will have to go somewhere.

We need to edge ahead of one or ideally both before then.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:05 - Feb 18 with 1159 viewssmithy69

I can’t see how it’s not positive
Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:06 - Feb 18 with 1158 viewsHerbivore

Depends how you spin it. Them playing last game of the season means at least one of them is guaranteed to drop points and there's a decent chance of them both dropping points. If they were playing anyone else, that wouldn't be the case.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:12 - Feb 18 with 1121 viewsParisBlue

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:06 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Depends how you spin it. Them playing last game of the season means at least one of them is guaranteed to drop points and there's a decent chance of them both dropping points. If they were playing anyone else, that wouldn't be the case.

If they both need to win to guarantee second then the last 10 minutes will be carnage and it won't be a draw.

My hunch is that this gets sorted out before the last day. As well as Leicester, one other team will get high 90s, I doubt 3 will.

If leeds beat Leicester on Friday that will make it hard.
[Post edited 18 Feb 13:12]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:17 - Feb 18 with 1081 viewsHerbivore

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:12 - Feb 18 by ParisBlue

If they both need to win to guarantee second then the last 10 minutes will be carnage and it won't be a draw.

My hunch is that this gets sorted out before the last day. As well as Leicester, one other team will get high 90s, I doubt 3 will.

If leeds beat Leicester on Friday that will make it hard.
[Post edited 18 Feb 13:12]

It could we'll be a draw. Both teams going for it does not guarantee one of them will win it. It'll be interesting to see how the table looks going into that final game. I'd be surprised if it is done and dusted by then, but you never know.

Leeds are much more likely to drop points away from home than at Elland Road. They could well beat Leicester but they've got some tough away trips against sides scrapping for their lives or battling for 6th and their away record is not the best. It's improved during their recent run of course but they have sterner tests to come still.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:32 - Feb 18 with 1002 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:05 - Feb 18 by smithy69

I can’t see how it’s not positive

If we need both to lose….

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:33 - Feb 18 with 993 viewsBigalhunter

If we are out of the automatic promotion battle by then, I hope it’s a winner takes all ding dong.
The loser is going to be gutted to miss out and might be vulnerable against someone overjoyed to have nicked 6th place on the final day.
Imagine if Leeds lose and run into Preston in the play offs. They’ve struggled in both league games against them.
As long as we avoid both Southampton and Leeds in the play offs, I’d happily fancy our chances against WBA over x2 legs and Preston at Wembley.
Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:38 - Feb 18 with 971 viewshomer_123

Leeds v Southampton by homer_123 17 Feb 18:52
As has been said on here before.

Leeds or Soton need a win to finish second.

Leeds are winning 2-1 until the 95th minute, Soton score and the match ends in a draw.

We win out final league game of the season and pip them both to second by 1 point.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:39 - Feb 18 with 965 viewsTrequartista

If we were 4th, one point them on the last game, our chances would be next to zero if they weren't playing each other.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 13:44 - Feb 18 with 942 views_clive_baker_

Regardless of when the fixture is played it’s likely a good thing that they play each other. A game that, while it guarantees 2 or 3 points will be added to their totals, it also guarantees 3 or 4 points won’t be. And with the form they’re both in you would have to say that’s a positive.

Loads of football to be played before then of course, and we’ve got some tough games ourselves. Norwich, Hull, Plymouth and Coventry all away. Boro & Southampton at home. Watford & Bristol City will be a test too, as will sticky trips to Cardiff & Blackburn. The fact is there’s plenty of games for everyone to earn and drop points. I would be very pleasantly surprised if we’re going in to the last game of the season with a shot at 2nd tbh, but who knows.

All we can really worry about now is taking 3 points off Rotherham on Tuesday night and going level with Leeds. One game at a time innit, if we win them all we’ll go up.
Leeds v Southampton last game of the season… on 14:02 - Feb 18 with 867 viewstextbackup

They both sit at 93 points, us at 92…
They draw, we win…
Bosh

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024