Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert animosity 08:18 - Feb 11 with 3167 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why not wait until you’ve seen Paul Lambert play a Paul Lambert team, rather than an inherited one padded out with 3rd/4th choice loans?

Seems fair?

Poll: W or W

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:45 - Feb 11 with 350 viewsGuthrum

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:22 - Feb 11 by Cuffy81

It's going to take time to sort this mess out. Does anyone think that Quaner and Keane were Lamberts first choice targets? It was what Evans would fund.

Not saying he hadn't made mistakes and won't continue to do so but what he inherited was a poor squad, completely devoid of confidence and cohesion.

Get behind him, be patient and allow for mistakes.

They might have been his first choice targets, but that is within the context of the available budget and who would be prepared to come to a team marooned at the foot of the table, in the January window (when only little-used players are surplus to requirements and can be allowed to go).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:48 - Feb 11 with 338 viewsSWGF

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:29 - Feb 11 by Cuffy81

I think Gestede was a primary target but Evans wouldn't fund it and that was clear late December and we chronically needed some form of striker to hold the ball up.

"Evans wouldn't fund it" or we couldn't persuade a striker at a team looking at promotion to join a club rock bottom of the league? Appreciate he's not playing for them but even so...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:51 - Feb 11 with 330 viewsLeagueOne

Depends, will he get himself sent off after being wound up at a crucial game to manage us from the stands? Because that's nothing to do with him signing anyone and everything to do with him having a tantrum. I'm sorry but I have a feeling we've got another has been here and he's going to end up more Paul Jewell than George Burley.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:53 - Feb 11 with 320 viewsCuffy81

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:48 - Feb 11 by SWGF

"Evans wouldn't fund it" or we couldn't persuade a striker at a team looking at promotion to join a club rock bottom of the league? Appreciate he's not playing for them but even so...

Probably a bit of both, but if we weren't willing to fund it it was a non starter.

Given his former relationship with Lambert you would have thought he would have been willing to come and be a guaranteed starter, depends if he's bothered about playing I guess.

Keane and Quaner were the best we could attract with out budget and our league position but I don't think they were really what Lambert ideally wanted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024