Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad as it is to say... 17:31 - Dec 11 with 403 viewsTheBoyBlue

...getting knocked out of the FA Cup per se doesn't bother me, especially this season when the league really has to be 100% our focus with the cups playing supporting roles where possible.

However, the way we got knocked out along with our recent form is beginning to worry me. It all reminds me too much of the 14/15 season. Around Christmas we'd reached 2nd and then things starting slipping. People started saying, "don't worry, we're still just a win behind the automatic spots", then "don't worry, we're only a couple of wins behind the automatic spots", then "don't worry, we're only a good run behind the automatic spots", then "don't worry, we're still in the play-off spots" and before we knew it we were out of them and frankly only got in them in the end because of Derby's last day implosion.

I get that we're 2nd and clear of 3rd with games in hand and that in itself is something to be pleased about, especially when you think about the shambles we were last season. Yet recently we were clear with 2 games in hand and within reach of Wycombe. Before that we were joint top with games in hand and before that clear at the top with games in hand.

We really have to nip this in the bud now. I don't agree with a lot of the doom and gloom around which I believe is out of proportion (at the mo), but I think its fair to question PL and keep him on his toes. With what we've shown so far, we out to go up with no trouble, but PL's rotation and the unnecessary international breaks have killed our momentum and we're really in danger of blowing this opportunity unless he swallows his pride and sticks with his best 11, week in, week out, within reason.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024