Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not fit to wear the shirt 00:36 - Mar 4 with 643 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

One chant from the North Stand and I have to say I agree.

For whatever reason our players did not turn up tonight.

Why? Well if I knew I wouldn't be posting here of course.

The fact remains that the senior players on the pitch hardly led by example (including the captain) and the other members of the team did little to show that they may have been uncomfortable with such an attitude. Yes harsh on some who I'm sure gave their all.

What would I do? Well I'd probably rip the heart out of the team and get rid of most of the "senior" players and anyone that Hurst signed and try to start again. That restart, given the owner's parsimonious approach ("We'd be dead without him" vs "He's a sadist …. just keeping us alive so we can feel the pain of more damage"), needs far better direction than I can give it but nevertheless I feel is required.

As a way of getting us up this season? Of course not. Next season? Probably not then either. As a way of building a team that might get us promoted in 2-3 years …. well maybe but needs the right manager (one of the major caveats here is that the only badge I have came courtesy of the Milky Bar Kid).

Sorry to whinge but for me as an old boy it was a bit like 'nam tonight: "You don't know man. You weren't there".

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024