Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Essential Travel Question 23:08 - Mar 29 with 633 viewsblueconscience

I recently completed the purchase of an apartment, but due to the virus I haven’t finished furnishing etc etc.

I was expecting to move in late last week, and I ordered some things to be able to perform my work at home. Will travelling to the apartment or local sorting office to that apartment to collect those parcels be seen as acceptable travel?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Essential Travel Question on 01:35 - Mar 30 with 529 viewsWeWereZombies

If you are going to be working from that apartment then I do not see why not.

One thing I have started to do is carry my latest council tax bill with me, so that I can show it to anyone who asks as a justification of where I live and why I am going shopping at a certain place as the most logical route of travel. I am recycling what I used to do during the Notting Hill Carnival when I travelled into London to cook for my uncle, then in his early nineties, because Meals on Wheels did not operate that weekend. A bill from his flat got me through the unofficial security that restricted entry to the streets behind the carnival route where you could walk freely and cover a quarter of a mile in five minutes, not two hours.

In your case I guess a small dossier of documents showing your current address, new address and date of completion might give you comfort and confidence if challenged. I am assuming that your current address is not Lands End and the new apartment is not in Shetland...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024