Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23 games - Butcher/Dyer - 442 07:55 - Jan 31 with 613 viewsEastLondonBlue

I think we could do a lot worse
23 games - Butcher/Dyer - 442 on 08:13 - Jan 31 with 555 viewsgordon

Don't think we necessarily need 4-4-2, under McCarthy I think I remember seeing us play a 4-2-3-1 with McGoldrick at 10, Waghorn and Celina wide, and Garner at no. 9 - you didn't go home complaining about there not being enough forwards on the pitch, but it was still basically 1 up front.

For me it's not so much the 1 up front, it's that we don't get other players in close enough to that striker - either we need a no. 10 in close behind to the target man linking the play, or the wingers need to play narrower, with full-backs bombing forward on the outside, and the midfielders cover the full-back positions. (So either a Liverpool set-up or a Man City set-up). We don't really seem to be doing either.

Yesterday, Sears was dropping in to the space that a no. 10 should be in to pick up the ball and link the play - but then he didn't have a no. 9 ahead of him.

I think if we want to win games at this level, the best approach would be to play Nolan and Downes as the defensive screen, and then just pick the four best attacking players at the club, give them a fair amount of freedom, and get the ball forward to them quick and early.

Sears at 10 behind Norwood, with Edwards and Thomas wide would be pretty dangerous in my opinion, potentially replaced with Harrop.

The problem is basically related to Dozzell and Judge - on Saturday they were basically doing the role of one player between the two of them.
23 games - Butcher/Dyer - 442 on 08:13 - Jan 31 with 552 viewssaffers12

Even Frank Butcher and Danny Dyer could do no worse

Lambert out
23 games - Butcher/Dyer - 442 on 08:22 - Jan 31 with 512 viewsEastLondonBlue

23 games - Butcher/Dyer - 442 on 08:13 - Jan 31 by saffers12

Even Frank Butcher and Danny Dyer could do no worse

Lambert out

Now that I would definitely like to see!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024