Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland keeper claims the club made him play with COVID 14:47 - Jun 10 with 1371 viewsSTYG

This is going to be an interesting one.

Hoffman, who was on loan from Bayern, says he came back after 7 days, was still testing slightly positive and the club told him he had to play. The club is claiming it's complete nonsense.

There was some form of testing wasn't there, for large parts, which meant it would be easy for the parties to prove what happened, but didn't that move to voluntary last season?

Surely Sunderland wouldn't have done that? If they had, I wonder what sort of punishment they'd be looking at. Fine I assume rather than points deduction?
Sunderland keeper claims the club made him play with COVID on 15:41 - Jun 10 with 1169 viewsDJR

As it looks like it occurred at the turn of the year, his allegation (if true) would appear to amount to a breach of the Covid rules on self-isolation at the time, although I am not sure if there was any sanction for this. What is perhaps more worrying (regardless of Covid) is that he claimed to be poorly (and getting worse) for three games, which (if true) would appear to be a breach of an employer's duty of care in making him play when not well. As Sunderland have strongly denied it, he has left the country, and he is presumably not (or no longer) a member of the PFA, his claims may go nowhere.
Sunderland keeper claims the club made him play with COVID on 20:14 - Jun 10 with 791 viewsIllinoisblue

Is testing slightly positive the same as being slightly pregnant?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sunderland keeper claims the club made him play with COVID on 20:41 - Jun 10 with 718 viewsTheBoyBlue

Surely the only reasonable course of action is for us to take their place in the Championship for going over and above with our COVID precautions?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024