Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby tomorrow 21:27 - Oct 20 with 2109 viewsletmeseethatkaz

Hi all, regular lurker but so rarely post that I might as well be a newbie. I’m down from Scotland for the Derby match tomorrow with a Derby-supporting mate. Before Covid and back when we were in the same division we’d always go to the home and away fixtures together, so it’s nice to have them back at our level. He’ll be in the home end with me, but he’s a good lad so if you spot him, be kind ;)

But anyway, since this is the first time I’ve been down for a game since moving back up to Scotland, and with the train strikes and (justified) fear of rescheduling due to Sky and all, I’m staying in Ipswich on Saturday and some of Sunday with not much to do. So if you guys have any suggestions (I don’t have a car with me, it’s parked at Gatwick) on what to do on a Saturday, somewhere good to watch the football, go for some lunch, that kind of thing, then any tips would be much appreciated! Haven’t spent more than an afternoon/evening in town since I was about 3 years old!
Derby tomorrow on 23:07 - Oct 20 with 1904 viewsfloridablue

Let me start by saying, I hope you are the happier of the two come tomorrow evening.... COYB!! The Greyhound pub, a short walk from Portman Road, and next to the 'jewel of the town' Christchurch Park, was my go-to mid day Saturday match day pub. I guess others will recommend the waterfront area and St Nicholas Street area for the evening. 20 years since I was last there...Enjoy!
Derby tomorrow on 04:14 - Oct 21 with 1734 viewsOsborneOneNil

Derby tomorrow on 23:07 - Oct 20 by floridablue

Let me start by saying, I hope you are the happier of the two come tomorrow evening.... COYB!! The Greyhound pub, a short walk from Portman Road, and next to the 'jewel of the town' Christchurch Park, was my go-to mid day Saturday match day pub. I guess others will recommend the waterfront area and St Nicholas Street area for the evening. 20 years since I was last there...Enjoy!

Still in Florida? Out there/here myself at the moment. Weather is ‘changeable’ isn’t it!
Derby tomorrow on 07:55 - Oct 21 with 1531 viewsletmeseethatkaz

Derby tomorrow on 23:07 - Oct 20 by floridablue

Thanks for the tips! I’ve had a pretty good record with these games so let’s hope it keeps up.
Derby tomorrow on 08:30 - Oct 21 with 1451 viewsSteve_M

Are you driving? If so, get out to the coast. It looks like a really warm Autumn day, a bit of a walk and some nice pubs for lunch.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Derby tomorrow on 11:40 - Oct 21 with 1230 viewsfloridablue

Derby tomorrow on 04:14 - Oct 21 by OsborneOneNil

Still in Florida? Out there/here myself at the moment. Weather is ‘changeable’ isn’t it!

Back into the 80s for the weekend with wall to wall sunshine predicted all next week! Where in Florida are you? Town game's on ESPN+ streaming which I have but I can only think of a couple of bars where I've been that has it
Derby tomorrow on 12:09 - Oct 21 with 1160 viewsletmeseethatkaz

Derby tomorrow on 08:30 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

Are you driving? If so, get out to the coast. It looks like a really warm Autumn day, a bit of a walk and some nice pubs for lunch.

Sadly not driving, next time maybe!
Derby tomorrow on 05:10 - Oct 25 with 847 viewsOsborneOneNil

Derby tomorrow on 11:40 - Oct 21 by floridablue

Back into the 80s for the weekend with wall to wall sunshine predicted all next week! Where in Florida are you? Town game's on ESPN+ streaming which I have but I can only think of a couple of bars where I've been that has it

Sorry bud, missed your last message.

We are at Jensen Beach, East coast. 2 weeks with the odd day or two in Orlando and Tampa. Off to see Orlando Magic Friday, can’t wait!
Derby tomorrow on 05:13 - Oct 25 with 832 viewsbilllm

Derby tomorrow on 05:10 - Oct 25 by OsborneOneNil

Sorry bud, missed your last message.

We are at Jensen Beach, East coast. 2 weeks with the odd day or two in Orlando and Tampa. Off to see Orlando Magic Friday, can’t wait!

Saw magic beat Washington with two seconds to go by 2 points that dome was the loudest noise I've ever heard,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024