Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our trajectory is exciting…. 13:11 - Sep 17 with 563 viewsmattelliot

Great trip to Sheffield, lovely to see Kelham Island booming. Gardeners rest, Fat Cat, the Tavern and Wellington all going strong.

Shame the match day experience at a once great ground couldn’t match those of a nice ‘creamy’ pint at the aforementioned public house. From start (picking up tickets) to the game/finish (toilets overall state of the ground) shows how Chanseri is running the club at an incredibly low cost, does it remind you of anyone?

It highlights how lucky we have been with the new owners, and how they’ve not really made a misstep so far. Only enhancing my excitement this season, on to St Mary’s now.

My March report:

Now the dust has settled and I’m on the train home, review time:

On the whole an assured victory, with Sheffield Wednesday barely laying a glove on us & not having a shot on target!! Upon reflection i was needlessly worried having not got a second goal - though we had several chances and on another day we could have been 3 or 4-0 winners.

We had moments of controlling the game which resulted in some great team/individual moves - the one back-to-front where Ladapo should score - and the other where Hirst shoves a man off the ball, wins it high and should pass for an easy 2nd.

For me Burgess was man of the match, they had countless corners and free kicks (which we gave away softly) but burgess and co dealt with them all. The only half chances they created were from our lack of concentration/error.

Morsy/luongo as good as ever hunting in twos and if one misses out, the other sweeps up.

Davies going off with an injury that looked quite serious could be problematic but Williams came on and impressed.

Remarkable to see how both clubs have reacted to being promoted, and we should be quite smug with our trajectory in comparison (especially with their noise throughout last season). Dare I say their match on Tuesday V Boro is must win?

15 points from 18 is quite sensational really, even the more positive fan couldn’t have predicted this start, I see we’ve already matched the number of wins we had in our relegation season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024