Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest defeat whilst playing? 13:38 - Apr 11 with 1695 viewsskippysablue

What's yours?
I played a master's Over 45's cup game last week and we got beat 21-1!
I played the first half in goal and it was 8-1 at half time.
At the end of the game we found out that the opposition striker (who scored 11 goals) was playing for FC Bruges in Belgium 15 years ago! 6 of the other team members were playing state league in Western Australia 10 years ago!
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 08:32 - Apr 12 with 106 viewsEuropablue

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 00:29 - Apr 12 by Bugs

Wind assisted 6-0 up at half-time, including 4 goals scored by yours truly....lost 6-7. Horrendous. I don't think I got 4 touches of the ball in the second half.

Apart from the score and the goals I scored, the memorable thing of this game was running past an opposition defender to beat him to the ball and him exclaiming "fu*king hell" regarding how quick I was. Literally made me LOL while running in on goal. For a 6'4" lad, I was very quick, and substantially lighter 30 years ago. Oh, to be 19 again....

Playing against the wind or uphill on some pitches really changes the course of the match. I remember thinking when we played with the wind or downhill that we needed to build up a big lead to get through the second half, or the reverse and keep the score down ready for the second half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024