Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there's one thing you take comfort from this week let ie be this 10:47 - Feb 13 with 1106 viewsFinidiCentenary

This is the most distant I have ever felt from ITFC. This is the most boring period in the clubs history. There has never been a bigger gulf between the fans and the club itself. We finished in our lowest league position for 50 odd years last year. We've just witnessed our lowest league crowd for 20 years. We have all totally had enough with the club and are totally miserable.

Yet we are STILL above Norwich!

The team that's had about a £200m head start on us, should be out of our reach forever and is well and truly screwed after this season.

They'll beat us Sunday. They'll go above us and finish above us.

But after this season it's very likely they'll be in a similar position to us and things start to even out again. They've had bragging rights for 10 years and hundreds of millions and achieved nothing that we didn't achieve with the likes of Linighan and Phil Whelan in the side.

We'll still have memories of being one of greatest teams in the land, fighting for trophy after trophy and winning some big ones and they have a UEFA Cup win and a penalty shoot out defeat.

So let them brag as much as they want this week. They are on borrowed time. They have well and truly stuffed up their chance to be out of our shadow. Soon they'll be right back in it again.

This genuinely feels like it'll be last time I'll be worried about them.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 10:49]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

If there's one thing you take comfort from this week let ie be this on 12:30 - Feb 13 with 1033 viewsBecclesITFC

I agree. As long as they don't get any significant investment they are in a spot of bother. They may get 30M for Maddison, however, that's not 30M they will have to spend.
If there's one thing you take comfort from this week let ie be this on 18:38 - Feb 13 with 920 viewsBloomBlue

I disagree personally for me the biggest gulf was post Sir Alf even at the start of Sir Bob's period. We had gone from winning the league to going nowhere and the owners didn't understand fans were unhappy

The difference now is social media highlights it more and gives more people a voice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024