Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantasy football.. So how would you run Ipswich Town? What would you do? 10:42 - Sep 7 with 402 viewsLeagueOne

So how would you run the club if you had the chance? Aspirations? Plans? Here would be my rough idea of how I would run ITFC.

1. Make youth development a key aspect of the club again and enforce the 50% home grown rule. Increase investment in the Academy and also rebuild links with local football clubs to attempt to recruit local talent into the club again and create that community bond Ipswich always had. Focus on young English talent.

2. In terms of improving the squad I would be less strict on how much is paid for, for players of a high calibre that the manager wanted to sign and the same would go for the wages paid for players the club really desired. Overall I’d keep the spending reasonable but I would aspire to sign maybe one or two expensive players to compliment the squad as they can often be the difference between mid-table and promotion. Accept that you have to sometimes pay over the odds for the best talent.

3. Bring in one or two experienced people who have had an association with the Club to help advise the Chairman, Chief Executive and board to be present at board meetings. Along the lines of George Burley and Joe Royle and possibly even Bryan Klug.

4. Family club. I’d start by changing the strips once every three years and reduce the cost of replica kits for youngsters. The mind-set behind this is if a parent has a choice between buying a new Manchester City shirt every year for £50 or a full Ipswich strip for £30 that they get more time out of, they may opt for the Ipswich strip instead if they are local. If that meant we had to produce our own again then so be it. Offer local schools free tickets to games which wouldn’t normally be greatly attended and make an effort to engage with children and young people in the Ipswich and wider Anglia area to rebuild that connection with the club again. Rebuild the fan base through community engagement.

5. Reduce ticket prices within reason. Ensure cup games were covered in Season Tickets as a reward while the club is rebuilding. Offer existing Season Ticket holders a discount on renewal if relegated. Introduce supporter forums for ST holders.

6. Create more merchandise. Produce end of season DVD’s and Blue Rays. Create documentary and interviews DVD’s of the clubs best seasons and players. Top clubs have huge march range and we’ve produced one DVD in ten years. Focus on the clubs legacy and offer all the content online through the website subscription service.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024