Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fitness 06:58 - Nov 11 with 613 viewsbobbyramsey

I haven't seen any recent games but apparently we tire from mid way through the second half, this has and will cost us valuable points. But why is this, to not be able to last 90 minutes is surely unforgivable? These guys are supposed to be athletes, they train all week, in fact that's all they do, they train to play for 90 minutes once or twice a week, that's all they focus on. This problem seems systemic, when did we hang on to a lead or finnish strongly, it's been going on, on and off for years. We don't see other teams capitulating half way through the the second half, on the contrary, they always appear to overun us.

Granted, there is the very occasional exception.

Odd!
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 7:00]
Fitness on 07:31 - Nov 11 with 572 viewspowinswitch

Whilst Reading took control from the start of the second half, I felt they had a vice like grip on the game once Roberts went off. From that point the ball was quickly recycled by them and back they came. Our midfield three, and Freddie and Edwards dropped deeper, and we could do little with it. Roberts tires on 50/55 minutes, because he had not been used before lambert came, and lacks match fitness. I think his time on the pitch will lengthen, if he sustains his performances. The players are working very hard on the pitch, covering a lot of ground, and the depth of the squad is not there. But the performances in the first two games are significantly better than we have seen recently, and we are going out to win games. Really positive stuff
Fitness on 07:59 - Nov 11 with 511 viewsbobbyramsey

Are our players working harder (running around more) to compensate for their lack of quality?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024