Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completing the class of 22/23 17:07 - Aug 10 with 267 viewsPioneerBlue

In near consensus, the striker is the final piece to complete the class of 22/23.

Hirst has been linked all summer.

I am a big fan of going this route, a young player (23), he’s looking to make his mark albeit I expect he’d prefer Prem or Championship, potential to play higher up, future resale value.

Many ITFC fans, understandably appear to be looking for the finished article, a guaranteed goal scorer because all the talk is that Ladapo, Harness, Chaplin, Burns et al not scoring enough goals between them. We could certainly do with being more clinical but we don’t concede many either which might mean out goals for will remain work in progress as the team progresses.

Is Hirst the player we need at this time? He’s not proven under pressure of having to be the main goal scorer for a promotion push.

Should we look at someone more in the mould of ClarkeHarris? A more experienced player, more proven at this level.

Which brings me back to Bonne!

KMcK has already shown his hand, he wants a striker that can play in behind, we know profiles are important and the otherside is someone that leads the line and occupies defenders. Ladapo does both from what we’ve seen so far. Jackson is in behind. Bonne could be the counter to Jackson, the additional player to lead the line and defend from the front.

Where we end up will be interesting, a second striker with strength to lead the line and share the load with Ladapo would be welcome, but KMcK and MA have already shown willingness to create space for talent and have player development projects, ie Wolf, Davis

Likely big fees, it could have a big influence on whether MA and KMcK are seen as a success…
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 9:53]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024