Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some morning reading on terrorism and the human response 08:01 - Jun 5 with 507 viewsSteve_M

It's a good piece.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/terrorism-is-becoming-normal-and-that-will-be

"The stuff that people tend to say in the aftermath of an atrocity — that London, Manchester, Madrid, Paris, Brussels or New York will never be the same again — is well meant. But it’s not true."

"It’s much, much harder to terrorise a population into submission than official and unofficial purveyors of mass violence always think it is. Normality isn’t a fixed state but a spectrum with a remarkably wide range."

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Some morning reading on terrorism and the human response on 08:50 - Jun 5 with 466 viewsBluebell

That certainly makes you think.

In all of this everyone feels so sorry for the people killed and injured and the aftermath of one of these attacks.

I also feel for the policemen who shot the attackers. I know this is what they are trained for but it cannot be easy sleeping at night knowing you have ended someone's life, in cold blood, albeit a person who deserved to die. I assume they have some sort of counselling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024