Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC - A club in danger 20:05 - Jan 5 with 2246 viewsWestcountryblue

With Bart, Didz and Moore probably leaving in the next few weeks I’m seriously worried about the future of our club.

I think we have enough about us to limp through to the end of the season, thanks to a positive start, but reading Mick’s comments he seems like he has almost lost hope and quite frankly, who can blame him. I’ve been a staunch supporter of Mick since he first joined the club, and I think he’s done exceptionally well with a meagre transfer budget, plucking decent players from next to nothing up and in some cases selling them for millions. However, if his heart and future isn’t with ITFC, then we should look to find someone new with a fresh set of eyes and strategies to take us forward.

My main qualm is with Marcus Evans. Again, I used to support him and praise him for not interfering with managers, giving them time, not wanting any media attention and handing substantial funds to our three previous managers. Mistakes like Lee Martin, Chopra et al were not his fault. However, as a business, ITFC is in need of some serious attention. Like other fans have alluded to, our ground is in need of some serious TLC, season ticket prices are set with no strategy or imagination to bring disenfranchised fans back and the worst thing of all, ITFC as a business model doesn’t work. It is delusional to think that we can keep on finding players like Mings, Bart and Moore for next to nothing and selling them on for much bigger fees.

The club needs a strategy, a vision, someone who is passionate about the fans/local community, an inspirational figurehead and someone who is willing to invest and believe in a manager. Marcus has to go I’m afraid, as this club needs a shot in the arm and a fresh set of eyes. For all of Sheepshank’s faults, 32m of debt and a strong culture and ethos throughout the club is more than we have at the moment being 92m in debt and totally rudderless.

I’m really worried about ITFC at the moment, and we are lucky to be where we are at the moment thanks to a few canny transfers from Rangers in the summer. Sorry Marcus, but if you’re backing your manager with loanees and bosmans to replace key first team players, then we are underachieving as a club. Only 10 years ago, this club had the ability and ambition to still get back into the Premiership and establish itself there. We are not a small time club and we need to remember some of the ambition and pride we once had as a club.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 20:14]
ITFC - A club in danger on 20:12 - Jan 5 with 2208 viewsIllinoisblue

I largely agree with most of what you say, but to say ITFC doesn't work as a business model is besides the point; no championship club can possibly work as a business model. They're all hemorrhaging money.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC - A club in danger on 20:19 - Jan 5 with 2177 viewsWestcountryblue

ITFC - A club in danger on 20:12 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

I largely agree with most of what you say, but to say ITFC doesn't work as a business model is besides the point; no championship club can possibly work as a business model. They're all hemorrhaging money.

Sure, but most clubs are bankrolled by an individual or group who actually realises this fact. In size, Wolves are no bigger than us. They however have owners who are ambitious and are 110% behind taking their club in the right direction.

To be honest with you, I wouldn’t even mind it if we were brought out by someone without much money to invest, more than anything we just suffer from a chronic lack of strategy, passion and connection between the owner of our club and our fans.
ITFC - A club in danger on 21:12 - Jan 5 with 2072 viewschristiand

A well written and heartfelt post WestCountryBlue hard to disagree with much of that. However, I do think we are now recognised as a small time club especially in our transfer approach for freebies and bosman deals and the money given to the manager to try and turn a pig’s ear into a silk purse. It’s disappointing, there seems to be so many clubs that have superseded us that realistically there are probably about half a dozen clubs we can compete with the rest are beyond us. What frustrates me is ME’s general approach which you have rightly addressed. Putting in the bare minimum season on season will have an eventual shelf life. For all our past glories, it is only a matter of time before we’ll be playing League One football in my opinion.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 21:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

ITFC - A club in danger on 22:09 - Jan 5 with 1951 viewsRadlett_blue

ITFC - A club in danger on 20:19 - Jan 5 by Westcountryblue

Sure, but most clubs are bankrolled by an individual or group who actually realises this fact. In size, Wolves are no bigger than us. They however have owners who are ambitious and are 110% behind taking their club in the right direction.

To be honest with you, I wouldn’t even mind it if we were brought out by someone without much money to invest, more than anything we just suffer from a chronic lack of strategy, passion and connection between the owner of our club and our fans.

If we were bought out with someone who invested much less money than Evans each year, we'd almost certainly be heading for League 1.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

ITFC - A club in danger on 22:43 - Jan 5 with 1890 viewsSWGF

ITFC - A club in danger on 22:09 - Jan 5 by Radlett_blue

If we were bought out with someone who invested much less money than Evans each year, we'd almost certainly be heading for League 1.

It's only (arguably) because of Lawrence and the GK were about to sell, that we're not already there.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

ITFC - A club in danger on 22:58 - Jan 5 with 1848 viewsBrettenhamBlue

ITFC - A club in danger on 22:43 - Jan 5 by SWGF

It's only (arguably) because of Lawrence and the GK were about to sell, that we're not already there.

Fear for next season, not this.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

ITFC - A club in danger on 09:25 - Jan 6 with 1693 viewsbraveblue

Agree with most of this.

But to MM has been exceptional us a bit much. Lost 30% of season tickets and lowest finish for more than half a century. Pretty poor show.

January could be really bad for us. Evans had to step up. Otherwise we need to be heard loud and clear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024