Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town fan’s response via an Open letter to Paul Lambert : 20:59 - Jan 17 with 889 viewsArnieM

This has been highlighted to me . It’s a response by a Town fan, to Paul’ s open letter to us fans.

https://renegadestatman.wordpress.com/2019/01/17/an-open-letter-to-paul-lambert/

Dear Mr Lambert

Two years ago today Ipswich Town were humiliated on national TV in the FA Cup by lower league Lincoln. That day Town were managed by a disenchanted manager, with a mainly disillusioned team. The despondency Ipswich fans felt that day hung around the club for far too long.

On the second anniversary of the Lincoln game you sent an open letter to the Town fans. It was a wonderful read and a positive attempt to bring the club and fans together. I am overjoyed that you have made watching Ipswich Town a positive experience again.

Last Saturday’s game against Rotherham United was a classic example of how far you have taken the club in a very short space of time. The football on the pitch, with a blend of academy players and senior pros was at times a joy to watch, although the second half less so. However, the resilience of the team, in particular the defence, shows that players you have only worked with a short time, have been injected by your enthusiasm.

Not only the players, the fans too. The atmosphere in Portman Road on Saturday was one of the best I have experienced for many years. I sit in the Sir Alf Ramsey Lower and it was great to hear fans around me, singing loudly in support of the team. The Sir Bobby Robson Stand was a wall of noise, led by the supporters group Blue Action. It is great to see that you have already met with these fans and started to reconnect fans and the club.

However my match day experience has grown, with watching you on the touchline. You are constantly encouraging the players by visibly applauding them. Fans also receive your applause when you show encouragement for their singing and support of the Blues. At times you are actively trying to whip up the atmosphere by windmilling your arms around, as if asking the fans to crank up the volume. It is a formula that is working.

My two children gave up their season tickets at the end of 2016/17 as they were no longer entertained. In a form of protest at the lack of entertainment I did not renew my season ticket. At the start of this season I became a season ticket holder again, however, despite encouragement my children were not interested in returning.

Following Saturday’s game against Rotherham, my 14 year old son asked, to my surprise, if he could get a half-season ticket. His reasons were that he felt the football highlights were “more exciting” and that in this January transfer window you had signed some “decent players”. He went on to say that relegation could come with some positives and that he would renew next season, whatever division we find ourselves in. On a personal note I’d like to thank you for bringing ‘father and son at football’ time back again.

The one thing Ipswich fans have been missing for some time is hope. You have given us hope and for now that’s enough.

God bless.

Seán

*** Something wonderful is starting to happen at ITFC. *** We are becoming unified.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 21:02]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town fan’s response via an Open letter to Paul Lambert : on 21:20 - Jan 17 with 728 viewsNorthstaNder

Wonderful stuff from both PL and Renegadestatman. I need to go dry my eyes!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024