Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Azón Loan Deal Back On
Thursday, 28th Aug 2025 18:18

Town have revived their loan move for Como striker Iván Azón, a switch which had looked to be dead in the water.

A fortnight ago, the 22-year-old travelled to Suffolk to undergo a medical at Portman Road with the deal looking set to go through.

However, manager Kieran McKenna subsequently said the move wasn’t going to happen.

“The deal hasn’t progressed, so I won’t say anything other than that, really, out of respect to all parties,” he said. “He’s not a player we expect to join the club in this window.”

Now, despite reports in Spain earlier today indicating a move to Getafe was near, the Blues are closing in on the loan addition of the former Spanish U21 international.

The deal is now believed not to include anything beyond a season-long loan with the initial terms including an obligation to buy should the Blues win promotion in the campaign ahead.

Azón, who is 5ft 11in tall, started his career with his hometown club Real Zaragoza before moving to Como in January for €2 million (£1.7 million) plus a further €500,000 (£435,000).

Earlier in the summer it was reported he was available for loan for €500,000 having yet to take to the field for Como, in part due to injuries.

For Real Zaragoza, he scored 27 goals in 150 appearances, also picking up nine assists.


Photo: Antonio Saia/LaPresse/Sipa USA via Reuters Connect Source



Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.



ChingShady added 18:50 - Aug 28
I'm just waiting for the real bombshell when Phil drops "Sargent signs for Town" on deadline day.
1

BobbyBell added 18:54 - Aug 28
Cakeman. The medical is only part of the process not the end of it. If Nunez passed it last night then the contract is being finalised. There may still be some minor issues to agree before the signing is completed. Nothing is rushed these days.
4

tractordamage added 18:59 - Aug 28
Lots of transfers. Can't keep up lol.

Good to see they were making all this effort, while those in the comments whinged (let's hope these aren't also people who want transfers to be done 'away from the limelight').

All this news will hurt a few Egos, so prepare for those Egos to lash out.
0

darkhorse28 added 19:00 - Aug 28
Blies1 it would be unusual to have a player all the way from Italy without terms agreed - certainly big germs like obligations to buy.

Who knows…, but it does look like he wanted to be elsewhere, and likely that’s fallen through:

Some ‘selective’ PR on our part, which sadly, including the sale, has become the norm from the club.

If we did have him here and hadn’t agreed a structure…, then that’s also really poor, a waste of everyone’s time.

Something has changed…, and in my experience, it will be his options.

We seem to have a whiff of panic about us right now…, not much strategy. Not to say they aren’t good players though.
-2

Van_Blue added 19:01 - Aug 28
Personally I treat all the rumours as a bit of fun, kind of like a soap opera, a way of generating interest but at the end of the day it is only information of deals from the club on the ITFC website that really count
0

darkhorse28 added 19:03 - Aug 28
His options have diminished and we’ve taken the opportunity to amend the terms, hopefully he’s a good player, time will tell.

A really poor window in terms of planning and who knows what the strategy is, it’s very confused.

But some good players in amongst it, and one or two who I think will add a lot of value.

Time will tell…, and that’s one commodity that can’t be bought…, he needs to work sooner rather than later.
-2

tractordamage added 19:08 - Aug 28
They're all going to need a night out together, to bond fast lol.

Just like the Ipswich Double-Promotion team...they will need to settle in, make friends, find a house, unpack.
They will struggle in the first few games too.

But then we'll start rockin and rollin...and the next phase begins.

Just hope it all starts to click, early September.
0

pup12 added 19:10 - Aug 28
Please don't be injured!! Well he better be worth the hassle!!! 27 in 150 not prolific!! But hopefully offers something different?!
0

Lennie added 19:18 - Aug 28
Egele,Casares,Furlong,Azon,James,Nunez …. All about to sign … no doubt Woolfy will go to get game time along with Taylor or Humphreys and perhaps Harry Clarke and Al Hamadi … it will take time to integrate them so we need to be patient… if and it’s a big if all this happens we will have a stronger squad which will seriously challenge at top end of championship… although I’ll be disappointed to see Woolfy and Humphreys go. What puzzles me though is how do we know about all these deals all of a sudden … KMK has always quite rightly said we never talk about players contracted to other clubs … where is all this coming from and what agenda do they
2

dusth added 19:25 - Aug 28
Somebody above said "one or two will have to leave". I think it will be more like 4 or 5 at the current rate .Experience tells when those in the know say it's been a great transfer window they're often wrong - like last summer and equally the paranoid who think every transfer has some dodgy trapdoor ahead may well prove to be wrong. Who's to say that Furlong's amazing rocket throws won't be crucial against the one team (or five) who won't play football. Uppa Town!
0

armchaircritic59 added 19:26 - Aug 28
trevski, the small problem with two weeks of training is that there won't be too many in the building to do it! Must admit I thought Azon was a failed medical, obviously not!

As things suddenly seem to be moving at lightening pace I thought I'd try and do some calculations, and hope they haven't changed again before I finish this post! If I have any of the below incorrect I'm very willing to be corrected, things have got hectic.

Ok, players sold and money banked. Liam Delap £24m ( after Man city's 20% )

Omari Hutchinson £37.5m: Nathan Broadhead £7.5 - 10m
Total = £69-71.5m

Money paid for signings so far, assuming they all go through of course.
Matusiwa £7.8m: McAteer £11.5m: Nunez £7.5 - 10m: Furlong £3.5 - 4m.

Total received = £69-71.5m
Total paid out so far = £30.3 - 33.3m

Oh I forgot the £870, 000 loan fee for JC, take a million off!

A balance of + £38m near enough. That's without touching the first tranche of parachute money, which I believe is £49m!

Loads of scope for more incomings, even if some have to wait till January. Of course there will need to be more outgoings now too, too many to fit into a 25 man squad. At least Egeli wouldn't count!

Hope I've got that all correct.


0

Skip73 added 19:40 - Aug 28
Whats with the crocks and injuries comments. It says nothing aboit him being injured. I dont see alot of desperation apart from the desperate need to moan.
1

Dozzells_Bobblehat added 19:44 - Aug 28
Blueboy if you're struggling for words probably best to shut up.
3

rkl added 19:44 - Aug 28
I hope we could sign someone with proven Premier League abilities, someone who is struggling to get into the starting 11 at his club. A player like Billing would fit the bill, no pun intended, but obviously that one has sailed.
Buying average players from WBA, Leicester and Norwich doesn’t fill me with confidence.
Hope I am wrong. Dunno about this Spaniard, but willing to give him a chance of course.
0

Tampa_Florida_Blue added 19:46 - Aug 28
Re Nunez.
Works visas, for anyone who has never had to apply for works visas, if you change your employer, you have to get permission from Immigration to change your employer ie: NCFC to ITFC. it takes time. possibly the only hold up for the announcement.
1

armchaircritic59 added 19:53 - Aug 28
BobbyBell, the thing with Blueboy81 is this. He considers most of us in here to be a bunch of " happy clappers " who are satisfied with " failure ". Further he doesn't have much time for KM or MA, and further still, rarely has much to say that's positive about any transfers or potential ones. If we can divide ourselves into 3 groups in here, those who see everything through blue tinted glasses, those who have a balanced view and those who see it all through a glass darkly, I think we can guess which of three groups he's in.

All that being said, he is of course as entitled to his opinion as any one of us, wouldn't do for us all to be the same. Let's hope something happens soon to cheer him up.
3

dugoutdave added 19:59 - Aug 28
Dozzells_Bobblehat comment : Blueboy if you're struggling for words probably best to shut up.

I agree but perhaps best to grow up first
1

jbmariner94 added 20:31 - Aug 28
Keep em coming Ashton! If these three get over the line will give the team and the fans a proper boost for Saturday. Egli would be great too but seems like that’s going to be the trickiest to complete given his standing
0


You need to login in order to post your comments

Blogs 299 bloggers

Ipswich Town Polls





About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2025