Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln Fans in Section 6? 16:55 - Jan 3 with 14932 viewsflashblue

Have you noticed that there are sizeable blocks of tickets sold in block 6 of both North and South stands right next to the Lincoln allocation? Any reason for this?

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 19:22 - Jan 3 with 2505 viewsITFC_Forever

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 18:57 - Jan 3 by Hillimp

The 150 'hooligans' are more like 250 and are members of 617 Sqn supporters group (named after the Dambusters). They are mostly young lads and whilst some of them are LTE offspring they are a singing group who create a great atmosphere at matches not a 'firm'. We took 3k plus to Bolton last time we made the 3rd round and there was no trouble at all. The only reason I can see some discontent is as the result of disaffected fans unhappy with being denied an opportunity to watch the game when the stadium is half empty, something I have never heard of before.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 18:59]

Half empty?

We'll have done well if it's that full on Saturday.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

You've never heard of there being..... on 19:25 - Jan 3 with 2488 viewsm14_blue

You've never heard of there being..... on 19:05 - Jan 3 by Hillimp

OK to slightly alter the point, most limited away allocations are due to home fans needing the seats, what are mighty Ispwich afraid of apart from being outsung??

That is just nonsense.
You've never heard of there being..... on 19:25 - Jan 3 with 2484 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You've never heard of there being..... on 19:20 - Jan 3 by PJH

Well Lincoln are the biggest name to come to our little ground since Inter Milan.

Heh

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 19:30 - Jan 3 with 2464 viewswkj

The Lincoln fans on here must be confused to no end that their bating isn't really working. Hate to say it, but we've a manager who has proven time and again both here and elsewhere he doesn't really care for Cup competition, and as a result, a lot of our optimism for a cup run is nowhere to be seen.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You've never heard of there being..... on 20:08 - Jan 3 with 2380 viewsEly_Blue

You've never heard of there being..... on 19:20 - Jan 3 by PJH

Well Lincoln are the biggest name to come to our little ground since Inter Milan.

Or Pompey lol

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

You've never heard of there being..... on 20:09 - Jan 3 with 2370 viewswkj

You've never heard of there being..... on 20:08 - Jan 3 by Ely_Blue

Or Pompey lol

Didn't Lowestoft play Leiston in the Suffolk Premier cup at PR? We are a hive for massive clubs are we

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 20:22 - Jan 3 with 2310 viewsflashblue

I think it's quite amusing that Lincoln fans are assuming they can get into the home areas on match day when you know this will be online sales to members only.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:04 - Jan 3 with 2023 viewshulloutpost

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 20:22 - Jan 3 by flashblue

I think it's quite amusing that Lincoln fans are assuming they can get into the home areas on match day when you know this will be online sales to members only.

Don't know the exact numbers but certainly a good few Lincoln fans had the foresight to get tickets for the Ipswich blocks as it dawned on them they weren't going to get one from the Lincoln end and before ITFC brought in the restriction of having a previous purchase history once the away allocation had officially old out. Others have researched a way round the problem of getting in on the day, whether they are succesful time will tell. Certainly don't see there will be any problems with that as they will be well spread out and their motivation is simply to keep quiet and view the game and not antagonise Ipswich support.
Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:21 - Jan 3 with 1989 viewsbournemouthblue

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:04 - Jan 3 by hulloutpost

Don't know the exact numbers but certainly a good few Lincoln fans had the foresight to get tickets for the Ipswich blocks as it dawned on them they weren't going to get one from the Lincoln end and before ITFC brought in the restriction of having a previous purchase history once the away allocation had officially old out. Others have researched a way round the problem of getting in on the day, whether they are succesful time will tell. Certainly don't see there will be any problems with that as they will be well spread out and their motivation is simply to keep quiet and view the game and not antagonise Ipswich support.

It's not just purchase history, it will be based on addresses also

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to spot likely patterns of Lincoln fans unless you have a tonne of relatives in Suffolk & Essex all buying tickets

I'm glad you guys are excited about this game, I don't think I've come across any club so excited to be playing Ipswich away

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:34 - Jan 3 with 1950 viewshulloutpost

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:21 - Jan 3 by bournemouthblue

It's not just purchase history, it will be based on addresses also

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to spot likely patterns of Lincoln fans unless you have a tonne of relatives in Suffolk & Essex all buying tickets

I'm glad you guys are excited about this game, I don't think I've come across any club so excited to be playing Ipswich away

Quite a few hundred exiles live in the South East - turn out for London games etc. We get it that for you guys it's about as exciting as when we got Altrincham in an earlier round. We're just coming for a great day out, excitement is a combination of upturn in fortune after the darkest period in our club's history and despite having a league history going back to 1892 have quite probably the worst FA Cup record of any club ever.
Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 00:13 - Jan 4 with 1882 viewspointofblue

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:04 - Jan 3 by hulloutpost

It's alright; it's not as though there will be much Ipswich support there to antagonise!

No offence to Lincoln or anything - just, as previously said, Mick has shown very little love towards the Cups and, quite frankly, we're bad enough in the league as it is.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 0:17]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 00:15 - Jan 4 with 1877 viewsbournemouthblue

Lincoln Fans in Section 6? on 23:34 - Jan 3 by hulloutpost

Quite a few hundred exiles live in the South East - turn out for London games etc. We get it that for you guys it's about as exciting as when we got Altrincham in an earlier round. We're just coming for a great day out, excitement is a combination of upturn in fortune after the darkest period in our club's history and despite having a league history going back to 1892 have quite probably the worst FA Cup record of any club ever.

In fairness I'd say it's more exciting than drawing a Championship side or a side who were in the Championship relatively recently like Bolton, Coventry or Charlton

It should be interesting, I don't think we have had a non-league side at home for years

Whilst we have had a terrible season and been awful at home, the last two results have shown a few green shoots of recovery

We'll see if that is further evidenced against your guys

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024