Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Hugill PNE 18:28 - Jan 3 with 15561 viewscbower

I have never had any information before but make of this what you will. What I would consider a reliable (but 2nd) source from someone inside PNE has told me Mick has lodged a £1 million plus bid for Hugill with top ups taking it in excess of 1.5. Also said that a fair while back a £300,000 bid was made for the same player. Please don't shoot me down, if you've read any of my posts you will know I don't do this stuff - just reporting what I have been told!

bluescouser

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:27 - Jan 4 with 4505 viewsmonty_radio

That goal show says he's certainly big and brave. "Rough round the edges" could be Shefki, or it could be Frank Nouble. TC is supposed to be a good coach of forwards, but our goal stats don't support that. If he were to come there's no natural role model on our books so perhaps Mick will sit him down in front of endless Murph footage.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:32 - Jan 4 with 4477 viewsDinnernotTea

Jordan Hugill PNE on 21:55 - Jan 4 by Luk38644

I've seen little of him but seems to work hard and physically puts himself about but could do with some TC training for his technical ability.

Only 24 too so fits the 'buy young players' plan.

This TC training you speak of. Friday sessions isn't it? Do you think they really are that good? Take out Murphy's 27 wonder season and no striker has really done a great deal here.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:35 - Jan 4 with 4454 viewsJETPower

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:17 - Jan 4 by TIB

Spot on sir. I think he sounds a promising player.

looks like a young (ish) Kevin Davies
Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:35 - Jan 4 with 4445 viewstaximan

hugill is not well thought of by PNE fans

there is a thread on their forum "where would we be with a decent striker"

crikey
Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:38 - Jan 4 with 4429 viewsKieran_Knows

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:35 - Jan 4 by taximan

crikey

I think there was the same post on the Cardiff forum just before we signed Alan Lee, oh and Celtic's when we got Daryl Murphy, and come to think of it, there was also one on Nottingham Forsests when we signed David McGoldrick.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:38 - Jan 4 with 4425 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:09 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

It amazes me that people still mention stats.

See: Walters, Lee, Murphy, McGoldrick etc.

McGoldrick was scoring a shed load of goals in L1 when we signed him.
Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 4387 viewsLuk38644

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:35 - Jan 4 by taximan

crikey

The Preston fans I've seen are saying they need a clinical striker so it's not necessarily that Hugill is poor, it's more that they need a striker like Pitman who could play alongside him.
Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:46 - Jan 4 with 4391 viewsDolly2.0

A quick look at your post history... you've posted 4 rumours of players coming to us in the first 4 pages (none of which happened). It's like you're desperate to be first in the know.

"Please don't shoot me down".

Sorry. Bang, bang.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Hugill PNE on 23:06 - Jan 4 with 4281 viewsmonty_radio

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:46 - Jan 4 by Dolly2.0

A quick look at your post history... you've posted 4 rumours of players coming to us in the first 4 pages (none of which happened). It's like you're desperate to be first in the know.

Sorry. Bang, bang.

So I needn't go to bed trying to persuade myself that the video was promising then?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jordan Hugill PNE on 23:27 - Jan 4 with 4208 viewsBLUEGOLD

Jordan Hugill PNE on 23:06 - Jan 4 by monty_radio

So I needn't go to bed trying to persuade myself that the video was promising then?

Charlie Wyke is probably a better player, why don't we just try to get him instead?
Jordan Hugill PNE on 00:05 - Jan 5 with 4128 viewsDolly2.0

Jordan Hugill PNE on 23:06 - Jan 4 by monty_radio

Nah, sleep easy my friend. If I had a pound for every time someone on here said "just passing on information" I could buy the club and then these mythical players.

Call me a cynical old barsteward...

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jordan Hugill PNE on 00:25 - Jan 5 with 4072 viewscaught-in-limbo

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:14 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

I'm not saying don't look at them but using them to judge a signing is a bit odd based on past experience.

I don't remember a future Town prospect with good stats that turned out to be bad. Perhaps I'm wrong.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Jordan Hugill PNE on 01:37 - Jan 5 with 4008 viewsBLUEBEAT

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:45 - Jan 4 by Luk38644

The Preston fans I've seen are saying they need a clinical striker so it's not necessarily that Hugill is poor, it's more that they need a striker like Pitman who could play alongside him.

Well that's good. We have a Pitman already.

Poll: W or W

Jordan Hugill PNE on 01:38 - Jan 5 with 4002 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jordan Hugill PNE on 01:37 - Jan 5 by BLUEBEAT

Well that's good. We have a Pitman already.

Heh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Jordan Hugill PNE on 07:45 - Jan 5 with 3848 viewsitfcjoe

I've seen little of him but seems to work hard and physically puts himself about but could do with some TC training for his technical ability.

The famous TC finishing training which results in none of our players being able to score....
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 8:29]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Hugill PNE on 07:46 - Jan 5 with 3834 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Hugill PNE on 00:25 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

I don't remember a future Town prospect with good stats that turned out to be bad. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Sam Parkin

Jordan Hugill PNE on 07:51 - Jan 5 with 3813 viewsconnorscontract

Jordan Hugill PNE on 00:25 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

So you've managed to put the Sam Parkin debacle behind you then?

And Tamas Priskin?

And Kevin Lisbie?

Had Parkin been partnered with a Murphy type player, he may well have prospered. Asking him to play "bustling Centre Forward" shot his confidence.

Priskin was an enigma who never clicked here.

Lisbie looked very sharp in spells, but was never trusted enough for the team's style to be built around his strengths.
Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:05 - Jan 5 with 3776 viewscaught-in-limbo

Jordan Hugill PNE on 07:51 - Jan 5 by connorscontract

And Tamas Priskin?

And Kevin Lisbie?

Had Parkin been partnered with a Murphy type player, he may well have prospered. Asking him to play "bustling Centre Forward" shot his confidence.

Lisbie looked very sharp in spells, but was never trusted enough for the team's style to be built around his strengths.

I remember a time (under Robson) when if Town sold a player, they were not usually as good as they were with us. At least, they were very rarely better with the new team.

Nowadays, players are far more likely to shine under a different manager in a new team. Perhaps it's a question of square pegs in round holes, or just inferior man management.

I tend to agree with J2's view on player stats. But what is certain in my head is that the most valuable asset to any team is the manager/coach, not any individual player. At this time of year we get distracted from this reality and start hankering for all sorts of changes in the playing personnel. What I want from this month is a new manager.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:14 - Jan 5 with 3756 viewsBarneycurley

Where does this TC amazing strikinh coach come from? hes not exactly turned best or Varney into scoring machines

just saying

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:20 - Jan 5 with 3737 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Hugill PNE on 07:51 - Jan 5 by connorscontract

And Tamas Priskin?

And Kevin Lisbie?

Did Priskin and Lisbie have anything more than a good season before signing? Both had underwhelming goal records generally if I remember.

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:31 - Jan 5 with 3700 viewsSteve_M

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:20 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

Did Priskin and Lisbie have anything more than a good season before signing? Both had underwhelming goal records generally if I remember.

Yep, although Lisbie always scored a few goals a season that one at Colchester was pretty much his best by some way. One really good one at Orient a few years later too.

Priskin scored enough goals in half a season for the youtube clips to look brilliant but that was it. I think he had the technical ability but not the desire to achieve and Keane probably wasn't too encouraging.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:38 - Jan 5 with 3670 viewsconnorscontract

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:20 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

Lisbie's record at Orient was 46 goals in 97 starts and 14 sub appearances, according to Soccerbase, which is very good for a young striker.

Priskin had one good season, his first full season, but our optimism about his signing was completely down to his stats that year, when he scored 1 in 3 in all competitions, including sub appearances.
Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:38 - Jan 5 with 3660 viewsSuperfrans

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:31 - Jan 5 by Steve_M

Yep, although Lisbie always scored a few goals a season that one at Colchester was pretty much his best by some way. One really good one at Orient a few years later too.

Priskin scored enough goals in half a season for the youtube clips to look brilliant but that was it. I think he had the technical ability but not the desire to achieve and Keane probably wasn't too encouraging.

Priskin was talented, no doubt. But, yes, Keane was probably the worst manager he could possibly have.

In terms of the balance between natural ability and mindset, he was probably not dissimilar to Pablo - who also didn't last long under Keane, did he.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:40 - Jan 5 with 3658 viewsSteve_M

Jordan Hugill PNE on 22:46 - Jan 4 by Dolly2.0

Sorry. Bang, bang.

You're being a bit harsh there. Cbower is an occasional poster who usually posts thoughtfully on football.

If people want to seek attention, rarely posting is not how they usually do it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:48 - Jan 5 with 3629 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Hugill PNE on 08:38 - Jan 5 by connorscontract

Lisbie's record at Orient was 46 goals in 97 starts and 14 sub appearances, according to Soccerbase, which is very good for a young striker.

Priskin had one good season, his first full season, but our optimism about his signing was completely down to his stats that year, when he scored 1 in 3 in all competitions, including sub appearances.

Lisbie played for Orient after us though?

Agree re the 1 in 3 thing for Priskin, but looking back that was clearly a one off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024