Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Winnall 13:46 - Jan 9 with 1682 viewsWickets

Now seems clear that the Murthy Money would have been enough to buy Winnall, at that time maybe Watkins as well, why did we not do the deal????
Sam Winnall on 13:49 - Jan 9 with 1637 viewstaximan

tricky time to sign players

or something
Sam Winnall on 13:55 - Jan 9 with 1580 viewsitfcjoe

Because we seem unwilling to pay the going rate for players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sam Winnall on 13:58 - Jan 9 with 1565 viewsJakeITFC

He'd have cost £1.5m in the summer probably.

Shambles from beginning to end.
Sam Winnall on 14:00 - Jan 9 with 1542 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sam Winnall on 13:58 - Jan 9 by JakeITFC

He'd have cost £1.5m in the summer probably.

Shambles from beginning to end.

But probably not worth 3 million pounds.
Sam Winnall on 14:00 - Jan 9 with 1538 viewsReuser_is_God

Because we're a shambles.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sam Winnall on 14:03 - Jan 9 with 1501 viewsJakeITFC

Sam Winnall on 14:00 - Jan 9 by PrideOfTheEast

But as I said at the time, we can't be happy with receiving £3m for Murphy (as everybody seemed to be) and then surprised when other strikers cost a bit more than we were expecting.
Sam Winnall on 14:04 - Jan 9 with 1484 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sam Winnall on 14:03 - Jan 9 by JakeITFC

But as I said at the time, we can't be happy with receiving £3m for Murphy (as everybody seemed to be) and then surprised when other strikers cost a bit more than we were expecting.

I agree.
Sam Winnall on 14:07 - Jan 9 with 1457 viewsitfcjoe

Sam Winnall on 14:00 - Jan 9 by PrideOfTheEast

At the moment who can say who is 'worth' what?

We seem to be behind the curve on valuations, and when the manager is under this much pressure you can't stick rigidly to principles in my opinion.

Whilst it appears Mick's time is numbered - he deserves a bit of dosh spent (as long as wage structure isn't broken) to be given a chance to turn it around.

Or does ME feel burnt by the Paul Taylor transfer as last throw of the dice for Jewell?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Winnall on 14:09 - Jan 9 with 1436 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sam Winnall on 14:07 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

We seem to be behind the curve on valuations, and when the manager is under this much pressure you can't stick rigidly to principles in my opinion.

Whilst it appears Mick's time is numbered - he deserves a bit of dosh spent (as long as wage structure isn't broken) to be given a chance to turn it around.

Or does ME feel burnt by the Paul Taylor transfer as last throw of the dice for Jewell?

The market dictates who is worth what but I can't see he is worth £3m in the context of where we are and what we're prepared to spend. He's gone to Brentford for a reason.
Sam Winnall on 14:12 - Jan 9 with 1387 viewsJimmy86

Sam Winnall on 14:07 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Mick does advise Evans on players valuations though doesn't he.

Watson has said town value Danny Ward, who we are still interested in, at 500k but Rotherham want 1 million. Can't believe we won't pay an extra 500k if we want the player
Sam Winnall on 14:35 - Jan 9 with 1275 viewsitfcjoe

Sam Winnall on 14:09 - Jan 9 by PrideOfTheEast

The market dictates who is worth what but I can't see he is worth £3m in the context of where we are and what we're prepared to spend. He's gone to Brentford for a reason.

Who is worth £3m to us in that criteria though? Hopefully something happens in the next few days (not a loanee) whichis desperately required.

Nobody at the moment.... on 14:42 - Jan 9 with 1222 viewsBloots

Sam Winnall on 14:35 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Who is worth £3m to us in that criteria though? Hopefully something happens in the next few days (not a loanee) whichis desperately required.

...we aren't going to get relegated with what we have and we wont get in the play offs no matter who we sign.

So you could argue that spunking a million or more on a player in this window is just throwing away money, particularly if there is better available cheaper in the summer.

It would be like buying an expensive convertible car in this weather, when you know a cheaper better one is going to be available in the summer when you can actually use it.

Just saying.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Nobody at the moment.... on 14:50 - Jan 9 with 1147 viewsitfcjoe

Nobody at the moment.... on 14:42 - Jan 9 by Bloots

...we aren't going to get relegated with what we have and we wont get in the play offs no matter who we sign.

So you could argue that spunking a million or more on a player in this window is just throwing away money, particularly if there is better available cheaper in the summer.

It would be like buying an expensive convertible car in this weather, when you know a cheaper better one is going to be available in the summer when you can actually use it.

Just saying.

But if Evans wants to keep Mick there is the intangible of not making the play offs but needing to turn it round to save himself sacking Mick and paying him off.....

Nobody at the moment.... on 14:52 - Jan 9 with 1130 viewshype313

Just saying.

Actually that car analogy doesn't work as Convertibles will be more expensive in the summer due to the demand. Bit like BBQ'a, always buy them in January.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

He'll chose whichever option.... on 14:55 - Jan 9 with 1107 viewsBloots

Nobody at the moment.... on 14:50 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

But if Evans wants to keep Mick there is the intangible of not making the play offs but needing to turn it round to save himself sacking Mick and paying him off.....

....is cheapest.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think it will be that we throw much money at this window for the reason I've stated.

From a business point of view I don't see how it makes any sense.

Binning Mick at the end of the season, for a third less than it would cost him now and giving money to the new bloke in the summer makes far more sense.

The alternative is to stick with Mick for next season and give him even more money.

Spending a wad this month to see no tangible return would be the least "business like" approach of the 3.

IMHO, obviously.

I appreciate that..... on 14:56 - Jan 9 with 1089 viewsBloots

Nobody at the moment.... on 14:52 - Jan 9 by hype313

Actually that car analogy doesn't work as Convertibles will be more expensive in the summer due to the demand. Bit like BBQ'a, always buy them in January.

.....but you get my drift.

He'll chose whichever option.... on 15:02 - Jan 9 with 1037 viewsReuser_is_God

He'll chose whichever option.... on 14:55 - Jan 9 by Bloots

....is cheapest.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think it will be that we throw much money at this window for the reason I've stated.

From a business point of view I don't see how it makes any sense.

Binning Mick at the end of the season, for a third less than it would cost him now and giving money to the new bloke in the summer makes far more sense.

The alternative is to stick with Mick for next season and give him even more money.

Spending a wad this month to see no tangible return would be the least "business like" approach of the 3.

IMHO, obviously.

Your point is a sensible one but if ME is planning on sticking with MM for next season then he ought to give him funds now to start building for next season?

Evans out

Nobody at the moment.... on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 1033 viewsitfctim

Just saying.

Tbf, I think you'll find you will get a better deal on a convertible car out of season, than in the summer....just saying.
In principle I agree.... on 15:11 - Jan 9 with 979 viewsBloots

He'll chose whichever option.... on 15:02 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

Your point is a sensible one but if ME is planning on sticking with MM for next season then he ought to give him funds now to start building for next season?

.....with you.

But we know it's a business and from a business point of view there is an argument that buying now doesn't make a lot of sense.

Obviously at the end of the day I hope I'm wrong and we make a couple of decent signings this window.

If only to improve the terrible football at the moment.

In principle I agree.... on 15:13 - Jan 9 with 946 viewsReuser_is_God

In principle I agree.... on 15:11 - Jan 9 by Bloots

.....with you.

But we know it's a business and from a business point of view there is an argument that buying now doesn't make a lot of sense.

Obviously at the end of the day I hope I'm wrong and we make a couple of decent signings this window.

If only to improve the terrible football at the moment.

Agree.

I think no signings this window would be basically saying 'Mick is off in the summer' which I wouldn't disagree with but it feels like Evans is caught in no mans land at the minute & doesn't really know what to do.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024