Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just spotted Rotherham's away record 09:42 - Jan 22 with 1176 viewsDubtractor

Played 14, lost 13, drawn 1. Scored 10, let in 40.

Wonder who they got a point against?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 09:44 - Jan 22 with 1161 viewsDyland

Was it against a team whose players kick the ball into their own faces or slice it sideways out of play?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:13 - Jan 22 with 1097 viewsGuthrum

But when you look at records like that (even if you include their four home wins), like Bristol (P12 W1 D0 L11), Burton (P12 W2 - both Rotherham - D2 L8) and Forest (P8 W1 D2 L5), you can see how bad things are going to have to get for us to actually face relegation. Even in the unlikely event that we lose all of the next six, teams like those will have to show a marked improvement in their own form even to catch up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:16 - Jan 22 with 1086 viewsDubtractor

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:13 - Jan 22 by Guthrum

But when you look at records like that (even if you include their four home wins), like Bristol (P12 W1 D0 L11), Burton (P12 W2 - both Rotherham - D2 L8) and Forest (P8 W1 D2 L5), you can see how bad things are going to have to get for us to actually face relegation. Even in the unlikely event that we lose all of the next six, teams like those will have to show a marked improvement in their own form even to catch up.

I don't think we will get relegated, whether we sack Mick or not.

My point (if there is one) is that we have been capable of p1ss poor performances all season, and on a fairly regular basis. This idea that we're only suffering at the moment due to injuries is a bit misplaced. We were perfectly able to serve up rubbish even with players available.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:21 - Jan 22 with 1057 viewsCoco

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:16 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

My point (if there is one) is that we have been capable of p1ss poor performances all season, and on a fairly regular basis. This idea that we're only suffering at the moment due to injuries is a bit misplaced. We were perfectly able to serve up rubbish even with players available.

We've been God awful on the eye since we smashed Brentford away.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:22 - Jan 22 with 1049 viewsGuthrum

Quite. I was just trying to be a bit "positive" at such a dismal time.

That having been said, have we had anything approaching a full, fit first-team squad at any point yet this season? If it hasn't been McGoldrick, its been Bishop, or Smith, or someone else.

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:22 - Jan 22 with 1037 viewsTractorCam

And we had to get a 93rd minute equaliser that game too!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:24 - Jan 22 with 1027 viewsMullet

Have we even had a run of games "with players available" though? We lost 3 at Leeds to various lengths of time.

Bishop came back, broke his nose, came back did his ankle in between a smattering poor performances.

Williams was, well yeah.

I'm not sure it's the sheer amount alone but the disruption too. Mick's not even managed a consistent backline this season which is a hallmark of his. We've had several mini-seasons in one thanks to the coming and goings at the club.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 1019 viewsjas0999

Let's not forget they were unfortunate not to win.

Still, MM says we are great. So no need to worry.
Login to get fewer ads

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 1016 viewsgainsboroughblue

Agreed. I think the end of season bottom three are in place now. We are dreadful but not quite dreadful enough.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 985 viewsGuthrum

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:25 - Jan 22 by jas0999

Let's not forget they were unfortunate not to win.

Still, MM says we are great. So no need to worry.

But the same could be said for ourselves against Norwich and Villa. Those kind of things even themselves out over a whole season.

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:29 - Jan 22 with 974 viewsgainsboroughblue

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:28 - Jan 22 by Guthrum

But the same could be said for ourselves against Norwich and Villa. Those kind of things even themselves out over a whole season.

And Wolves.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:31 - Jan 22 with 957 viewspointofblue

So we gave Rotherham their only away point of the season and Forest their solitary win in eight?

... Go us!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 10:31]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:31 - Jan 22 with 956 viewsjas0999

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:28 - Jan 22 by Guthrum

The point being they have LOST all of their other away games, but were more than good enough to get a point against us and it could and should have been three. It's not luck levelling it's self out, it's about an abysmal bottom of the table side who nearly beat us but lost to everyone else. Shocking.
Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:35 - Jan 22 with 923 viewsDubtractor

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:24 - Jan 22 by Mullet

Have we even had a run of games "with players available" though? We lost 3 at Leeds to various lengths of time.

Bishop came back, broke his nose, came back did his ankle in between a smattering poor performances.

Williams was, well yeah.

I'm not sure it's the sheer amount alone but the disruption too. Mick's not even managed a consistent backline this season which is a hallmark of his. We've had several mini-seasons in one thanks to the coming and goings at the club.

This is part of our problem though isn't it?

We have pinned our hopes of creativity on Bishop, McGoldrick and Williams. 3 more injury prone players you'd do well to find, added to which, when Bish has played he has looks miles away from the player that burst into the team a couple of years ago.

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 883 viewsGuthrum

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:31 - Jan 22 by jas0999

The point being they have LOST all of their other away games, but were more than good enough to get a point against us and it could and should have been three. It's not luck levelling it's self out, it's about an abysmal bottom of the table side who nearly beat us but lost to everyone else. Shocking.

Liverpool lost to Swansea yesterday, Newcastle have lost to Blackburn twice this season. These things happen sometimes.

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:38 - Jan 22 with 871 viewspointofblue

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:35 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

We have pinned our hopes of creativity on Bishop, McGoldrick and Williams. 3 more injury prone players you'd do well to find, added to which, when Bish has played he has looks miles away from the player that burst into the team a couple of years ago.

Annoyingly Bishop looked like he was just about getting back to his old self again (can't remember who against - QPR?) then he picked up another injury.

In all honesty we only have all three because they are injury prone - and we understood what the word 'no' meant when it came to Leicester.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 849 viewsMullet

Just spotted Rotherham's away record on 10:35 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

I'm not sure pinning our hopes is fair. But we have to accept we can't have a Chelsea size squad and when you lose the sheer amount of players we have, it's going to tell.

The fact we're down to Douglas being such a regular, or even the reserves like Digby only just coming back is equally crucial.

We've not been able to shore up any part of the side really with our own resources. We've had to go cap in hand to other clubs or lower leagues and take what we can get. It's no surprise really it's panned out this way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024