Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. 18:56 - Jan 23 with 5032 viewsLankHenners

I anticipate and have already seen "yeah, but the players should be doing more" comments, which is true to an extent, but it's hard to step up and pull out bigger and better performances when your own fans are on your back, which has now been spelled out by a former player of ours.

Whilst the fans aren't to blame for the poor run of form, what a not insignificant amount of people can't seem to grasp is the detrimental effect of a poor/negative atmosphere at Portman Road. How many times during our playoff season did Mick say that you can go to teams not doing so great, go on the aggressive, get the first goal and let their fans make it difficult for them to get back into the game. It's not just a cheap soundbite when players say "we'll try and get their fans on their backs". They know it'll be beneficial to them.

Also sounds right on Evans etc. We overachieved and Evans didn't see fit to make sure we were able to sustain that level of achievement, and now we've ended up here.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:05 - Jan 23 with 1676 viewsBLUEBEAT

I get the gist that Kieron wants the club to get safe before Marcusevansgeddon?

Poll: W or W

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:05 - Jan 23 with 1677 viewsTrequartista

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:56 - Jan 23 by Dolly2.0

Did you miss the bit about Marcus Evans then?

Yes he said he was initially peed off with him but then saw his reasoning and felt sorry for him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:07 - Jan 23 with 1661 viewsTrequartista

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:03 - Jan 23 by Dubtractor

He didn't say that did he?

Made it pretty clear he agrees football is poor and ME needs to put more cash in.

Every criticism he makes of him is followed by "but then again" or "then again" or "But then you think of it from the owner’s point of view"

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:09 - Jan 23 with 1651 viewsDolly2.0

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:05 - Jan 23 by Trequartista

Yes he said he was initially peed off with him but then saw his reasoning and felt sorry for him.

Covering his back. It's clear he's annoyed at the lack of investment, and also said about ME not being a football man. This is the biggest attack on ME from someone so close to the club. He reigned it in near the end but it's clear if you take the interview as a whole how he feels.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:10 - Jan 23 with 1645 viewsTrequartista

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:04 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

He's not actually at the moment, my error. He's not currently coaching at the club. Have amended the article.

edited my response accordingly

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:16 - Jan 23 with 1628 viewsPhilTWTD

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:10 - Jan 23 by Trequartista

edited my response accordingly

He wasn't actually employed as such when he was coaching.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:20 - Jan 23 with 1608 viewsitfcjoe

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:11 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

it is hard to disagree with anything he said. On the subject of fans; it would be both amazing and unprecedented for fans to organise a "really backing the blues" kind of day with everyone bringing banners, scarves, balloons, confetti, drums etc. to whip up a 90-minute atmosphere of support and positivity. I know it will never happen, but would love to see the reaction from the players if such a day occurred.

That's not too dissimilar to what the Palace 'Ultras' have done over the last few years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:25 - Jan 23 with 1591 viewsIllinoisblue

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:20 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

That's not too dissimilar to what the Palace 'Ultras' have done over the last few years

I see them on TV and think "look at what Section 6 could have been". I guess until recently Palace have been on an upward trajectory; probably easier to get that kind of effort going when things are going well.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:28 - Jan 23 with 1570 viewsitfcjoe

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:25 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

I see them on TV and think "look at what Section 6 could have been". I guess until recently Palace have been on an upward trajectory; probably easier to get that kind of effort going when things are going well.

It also had proper leadership, that could keep people in line and with the right message.

Not teenagers who've had a few too many beers signing "weve had a shot"

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:29 - Jan 23 with 1560 viewspistonbroke

A well written script by the club, I wonder how much they paid dyer to say it
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:56 - Jan 23 with 1502 viewssoupytwist

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:16 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Presumably he was doing it while his son was there, and now his son is somewhere else he isn't.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 21:10 - Jan 23 with 1487 viewsArnieM

it is hard to disagree with anything he said. On the subject of fans; it would be both amazing and unprecedented for fans to organise a "really backing the blues" kind of day with everyone bringing banners, scarves, balloons, confetti, drums etc. to whip up a 90-minute atmosphere of support and positivity. I know it will never happen, but would love to see the reaction from the players if such a day occurred.

...so in essence Town s fans can make if break the second half of the season now.

WE either get busy making a din and survive , or moan and demonstrate and watch thus Club down through the League One trap door.

It could actually be very uplifting to us all if we pulled together, backs to the wall and REALLY got behind the lads from the next home game.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:11 - Jan 23 with 1439 viewsPJH

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 21:10 - Jan 23 by ArnieM

...so in essence Town s fans can make if break the second half of the season now.

WE either get busy making a din and survive , or moan and demonstrate and watch thus Club down through the League One trap door.

It could actually be very uplifting to us all if we pulled together, backs to the wall and REALLY got behind the lads from the next home game.

Yes,a new concept-it could be called supporting.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:19 - Jan 23 with 1420 viewsVic

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:16 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Maybe not, but hes a near to an insider as anyone. Come on Phil, he doesn't even pay to get watch on Saturday. hat makes him an insider in my book and he doesn't sound very happy with ME.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:21 - Jan 23 with 1419 viewsPhilTWTD

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:19 - Jan 23 by Vic

Maybe not, but hes a near to an insider as anyone. Come on Phil, he doesn't even pay to get watch on Saturday. hat makes him an insider in my book and he doesn't sound very happy with ME.

Further to the not paying to get in thing, which a few people have mentioned on the comments in particular, I have an idea of how much he has put into the academy in terms of sponsorship and it's not peanuts by any means.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:35 - Jan 23 with 1362 viewsVic

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:21 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Further to the not paying to get in thing, which a few people have mentioned on the comments in particular, I have an idea of how much he has put into the academy in terms of sponsorship and it's not peanuts by any means.

Oh, for sure, I've no problem him getting a free pass. As a former player I'd expect that and am hugely grateful for his input into the academy. It's that which really makes his comments even more significant. He probably was working with the boys when the excision was made not to go for cat 1. Do you think this had any part in his decision to stop?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:41 - Jan 23 with 1341 viewswarkthisway

Really- how naïve. I seem to remember him throwing his boots in to the crowd and scuttling off for more money ,never to return.

bentnkuqi

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:47 - Jan 23 with 1328 viewsPhilTWTD

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:35 - Jan 23 by Vic

Oh, for sure, I've no problem him getting a free pass. As a former player I'd expect that and am hugely grateful for his input into the academy. It's that which really makes his comments even more significant. He probably was working with the boys when the excision was made not to go for cat 1. Do you think this had any part in his decision to stop?

I don't think that was a factor, but not sure of the precise reasons.

Plenty of ex-players attend games regularly on complementary tickets, incidentally. Some who didn't make the first team but were involved as youngsters.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:56 - Jan 23 with 1290 viewsStNeotsBlue

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:41 - Jan 23 by warkthisway

Really- how naïve. I seem to remember him throwing his boots in to the crowd and scuttling off for more money ,never to return.

Nonsense. He was in tears when we lost to Bolton in the Play Offs. We got a good deal for him and the club, your never to return comment is daft too, as he clearly returns regularly and supports the youth set up at the club.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:59 - Jan 23 with 1271 viewsjeera

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:21 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

I know he's sponsored the academy but didn't the likes of him and bramble also buy season tickets when the club were struggling?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 23:02 - Jan 23 with 1255 viewsjeera

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:56 - Jan 23 by StNeotsBlue

Nonsense. He was in tears when we lost to Bolton in the Play Offs. We got a good deal for him and the club, your never to return comment is daft too, as he clearly returns regularly and supports the youth set up at the club.

No, that comment didn't make much sense did it?

That cash got Town promoted.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 23:12 - Jan 23 with 1222 viewsStNeotsBlue

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 23:02 - Jan 23 by jeera

No, that comment didn't make much sense did it?

That cash got Town promoted.

The Marcus Stewart signing was a turning point for me, a real signal of intent. I went to his debut at Barnsley and was convinced it would be our year from that moment on. Good times.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 23:20 - Jan 23 with 1194 viewsPhilTWTD

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:59 - Jan 23 by jeera

I know he's sponsored the academy but didn't the likes of him and bramble also buy season tickets when the club were struggling?

That I don't recall, may well have been the case. Probably couldn't have bought shares as they were with another club at the time.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 08:05 - Jan 24 with 1070 viewsallezlesbleus

Great idea.

Maybe the club should "bite the bullet" and do the following for one match:

1) give loads of tickets away to schoolkids for free or a couple of pounds each.
2) give a group of tickets to the fans from Dusseldorf at very reduced prices or free.
2) sell all remaining tickets at heavily reduced prices........maybe on a sliding scale, so those who purchase them earlier on get them cheaper.

Try and get the ground full and then encourage the fans and supporters clubs to participate and do more to get the atmosphere going, like Illinoisblue suggests.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 08:22 - Jan 24 with 1052 viewsitfcjoe

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 22:59 - Jan 23 by jeera

When my mates brother was an U15 at the academy, we had to pull out of Nike tournament in Sunderland due to administration.

Dyer and Bramble were at Newcastle at the time and paid for the whole thing, took them all out for dinner etc and gave them loads of free footy gear.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024